American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
i sympathize...especially with the fact that former us air & america west captains of the airline industry juggernauts want to cut jobs in lus strongholds. i would not be happy with this.

the medical? i don't see the company bending...if they do, throw a party. best case scenario? if we meet in the middle. laa won't like that (perception or reality is that we lost compensation somewhere else to appease lus) and lus won't like that either (concession).

on the flip side - i watched lus get a stand alone contract to get to our pay levels. i saw my company seniority not count, while various lus employees get to keep seniority. i don't gripe about holiday pay...i know it sticks in the craw of some laa guys.

if we do end up maxing out at $36.50-$36.25/hr, i'd be hard pressed to sympathize about someone's medical insurance when they were earning $19.95/hr with super insurance, prior to the merger. does PJ believe that laa route structure and fleet have nothing to do with him earning $30.85/hr right now?

he's going to blame laa guys if he doesn't get to keep his lus insurance??
Crema,

My question would be to you then, why does LUS catering and the LUS guys taking the LAA insurance have to happen? Why do we have to buy any improvements? Look I want us ALL to gain with this contract, but it seems you are to bitter some items to even see the big picture. So bitter in fact that you want the LUS to suffer a concessionary CBA just so you can make gains. Why? I am not wishing you to have to take any concessions to gain. And Our stand alone CBA, while driven by the merger and seen as a bridge CBA to a JCBA, we still kept our medical. In fact we have kept that medical through TWO (2) bankruptcies, a JCBA agreement, and a stand alone agreement. I am sorry the company didn't offer the TWU guys parity on certain items, but your CBA was already done through the bankruptcy process, why would the company open it back up? Ours was in Section 6 negotiations, the company could have tried to get our medical then, but they did not. You will have to ask ole doug and company why that didn't happen. They want our two groups fighting against each other so they can push through a cost neutral or concessionary CBA. You do see that right? So our stand alone was just that, a stand alone, bridge agreement, meant to facilitate the JCBA. Yours is a bankruptcy agreement, and if not for this merger, you would be under it, for, at the very least, another 4 to 5 years. It is not the fault of ANY LUS person that you have that bankruptcy agreement, not ONE, yet you continue to blame us for it, why? As far as seniority, I wish we went to D.O.H. I would have gained a bunch, but we integrated equally. What is wrong with that? I didn't gain any more than you did with the seniority integration. Don't put people not getting certain time with the airline on the association, the company supplied the dates of the employees to arbitrator Javits, not the Association. So tell me again, why we here at LUS have to pay for ANY improvements that you get? People like you make me hope and pray these JCBA talks last another 5 years.

Crema,

My question would be to you then, why does LUS catering and the LUS guys taking the LAA insurance have to happen? Why do we have to buy any improvements? Look I want us ALL to gain with this contract, but it seems you are to bitter some items to even see the big picture. So bitter in fact that you want the LUS to suffer a concessionary CBA just so you can make gains. Why? I am not wishing you to have to take any concessions to gain. And Our stand alone CBA, while driven by the merger and seen as a bridge CBA to a JCBA, we still kept our medical. In fact we have kept that medical through TWO (2) bankruptcies, a JCBA agreement, and a stand alone agreement. I am sorry the company didn't offer the TWU guys parity on certain items, but your CBA was already done through the bankruptcy process, why would the company open it back up? Ours was in Section 6 negotiations, the company could have tried to get our medical then, but they did not. You will have to ask ole doug and company why that didn't happen. They want our two groups fighting against each other so they can push through a cost neutral or concessionary CBA. You do see that right? So our stand alone was just that, a stand alone, bridge agreement, meant to facilitate the JCBA. Yours is a bankruptcy agreement, and if not for this merger, you would be under it, for, at the very least, another 4 to 5 years. It is not the fault of ANY LUS person that you have that bankruptcy agreement, not ONE, yet you continue to blame us for it, why? As far as seniority, I wish we went to D.O.H. I would have gained a bunch, but we integrated equally. What is wrong with that? I didn't gain any more than you did with the seniority integration. Don't put people not getting certain time with the airline on the association, the company supplied the dates of the employees to arbitrator Javits, not the Association. So tell me again, why we here at LUS have to pay for ANY improvements that you get? People like you make me hope and pray these JCBA talks last another 5 years.

Stop. Let’s not get away with ourselves here. Wishing 5 more years because you think there’s a horde of huns out there looking to decapitate you is also falling right into the Company’s trap.

We do need to break away from all of this “Them vs Us” STUPID Sports Team mentalities we always seem to fall back into.

Don’t let the Company be the one to sit back and laugh while we fight in the pits for their amusement.

Never mind Crema, you are just an ignorant closed minded individual. Obviously it's LUS's fault that AA filed Bankruptcy, obviously its LUS's fault that the TWU CBA sucks, Obviously its LUS's fault that you didn't get all the seniority that you think you deserve. You must be the person who is never at fault at all huh? News flash, LUS didn't make AA file bankruptcy. But hey I can't stop you from playing the blame game.

Stop. Let’s not get away with ourselves here. Wishing 5 more years because you think there’s a horde of huns out there looking to decapitate you is also falling right into the Company’s trap.

We do need to break away from all of this “Them vs Us” STUPID Sports Team mentalities we always seem to fall back into.

Don’t let the Company be the one to sit back and laugh while we fight in the pits for their amusement.
If I could wish it on the Bob's and crema's of LAA then I would weez. All the other GOOD, REASONABLE LAA and LUS folks, I wish a speedy industry leading JCBA.

Never mind Crema, you are just an ignorant closed minded individual. Obviously it's LUS's fault that AA filed Bankruptcy, obviously its LUS's fault that the TWU CBA sucks, Obviously its LUS's fault that you didn't get all the seniority that you think you deserve. You must be the person who is never at fault at all huh? News flash, LUS didn't make AA file bankruptcy. But hey I can't stop you from playing the blame game.

Dude you got a helmet and a loincloth on and your Slave Masters just handed you a sword.

STOP.

Crema,

there's a lot here:

- i always thought there was one special captain us air poster. the same guy that had to remind you of your wages prior to the merger. remember, you wouldn't answer my question about wages? you did eventually...and al had to correct you.

- if i was you, i'd worry about pit-cle flights. thank your lucky stars that laa cranks out first-class intl. travelers by the thousands on dozens of intl. flights out of jfk/mia/ord/dfw/lax. this is why you earn $30.85/hr today. it's not because you flew pit-cle or phl-ath.

on that note - with no merger, maybe laa would be under a bk contract for another 27 years? you'd still be at $19.95/hr with your super insurance.

i don't blame you for anything, well maybe your sh!t scarebus, er, airbus fleet. i said i sympathize. obviously, that's not enough for you. i blame my union for the seniority issue and i complimented your union, for looking out after it's members.

i never said you have to pay me for any improvements. i said the company earned more money in 2015 than it did in it's entire history of existence. i want to get compensated. i want all of us to get compensated. i said i was realistic about the insurance. your own former us air & america west execs. want to take that away from you, not laa guys. that isn't good enough for you.

can i argue that laa ord cranking out 4 lhrs, 2 chinas...etc..everyday, paid for your raise until we all got a raise in aug. of 2016? did you go to $24+/hr because phl-buf picked up?

you don't believe me, but i certainly believe you when you tell me that you pray the negotiations go on for another 6 years. why not 27 years, when laa would have emerged from the bk contract?

LOL, ok. Idiots just make me see red, and I just go with it.

Irish do you watch the Gary Peterson videos? The last one he made an emphasis to talk about insane rising medical costs and what we pay on the TWU side.

But he also made a point to mention and he’s said this before that there WILL be compromises and we’re not going to like everything. That’s Negotiations. You’ll NEVER see a 100% yes vote ever.

None of us including you and that’s talking even Medical or not should want to sit around for almost 6 years like they have over at SWA in Maintenance. Or some of those UAL lag times after they did their merger.

I really hope no one on our side ultimately decides to vote on anything based on emotions?

Besides the fact I don’t think anything emotional will be released to us anyway. The IAM does have an equal say on that.
They have an equal say even though they do not have equal votes There is no emotion here just math

LOL, ok. Idiots just make me see red, and I just go with it.

I think it’s honestly Crema who being a little more reasonable to the conversation than you are Irish actually.

Chill out, pay attention and listen to the guy.

You do currently have some minefields the Company wants to put in front of you more than we have right now (In Fleet)

They have an equal say even though they do not have equal votes There is no emotion here just math

Doesn’t matter if you have nothing to actually vote on. And I don’t vote revenge or emotions either.

I vote economically.

Wall street said if US didn't find more size they would not survive so you merged deal with it blame Parker not me he is the one who started this merger not me AA would have been fine as a single carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back