American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing they are very very close, all that’s left is health insurance, pension, compensation and scope.

the longer this goes, i don't believe time favors parker/isom.

They're in no rush. They'll gladly go to the pilots and flight attendants while we start on the sidelines.

Parker and Isom are in no danger. To the contrary, Wall Street will not like the deal that eventually put in place because our labor costs will be higher than the other major airlines.

if i was a neutral, i'd assume the union wants more work, exceptional/industry-leading benefits, including profit sharing and pay. i don't believe that was the case? the assoc. just wanted to keep the work we all had the past 5 years, as aa earned over $20 billion.

in an era of unprecedented record profits, our company balked at another week VC. these guys are stunning analysts; leading an airline with a disgruntled workforce during these boom times for airlines.

Haven't you seen the Association proposals? They want expansion of work. More cities adding more work.

They’ve been back in DC since Wednesday, NMB summoned them back to DC, and they were talking informally last week also.
Did you just let out a secret, cause the Ass didn't notify it's members negotiations would continue. Have always been told in a condescending way it means absolutely nothing unless it came from the Ass.

Did you just let out a secret, cause the Ass didn't notify it's members negotiations would continue. Have always been told in a condescending way it means absolutely nothing unless it came from the Ass.

Assuming the meetings are negotiation sessions, as opposed to, for example, meetings about separating a JCBA from the legal liabilities.

That doesn't ring true. The NMB wouldn't tell the airline they "cannot" go back on their table position.

The phrase used was, there will be "no regression" on either side.

Also, the mediators are out. Instead they are negotiating with NMB board members.

They are; in fact, negotiating today.

As of 9:30 this morning, no dates set for next week.

NMB does not work Thanksgiving week.

Association denies attempts at settling the lawsuit in contract negotiations.

Many are suspicious of these negotiations being nothing more than a ruse to appease the members to not disrupt operations during peak holiday travel. I tend to believe this.

They’ve been back in DC since Wednesday, NMB summoned them back to DC, and they were talking informally last week also.
Yea, who's buying the first round?
Talking about anything from the kids, the holidays and the economy.
What are they really doing? Are they really meeting in a way to discuss and negotiate a contract? We don't know anything. Nothing coming out officially and even those updates are useless. I'll just keep reading here on this forum from some poster who says he knows this and heard that and knows people close to negotiations. In the meantime happy holidays. Many of those coming between now and 2020.

Just heard they are optimistic, they are back on track and want to get it done before thanksgiving!
I assume its this thanksgiving....

Now, the mediators are out. They are now meeting with the Board Members in the three top boxes on my attachment.

Attachments

• 20191115_133125.jpg
    20191115_133125.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 260
Assuming the meetings are negotiation sessions, as opposed to, for example, meetings about separating a JCBA from the legal liabilities.
If we get put on ice will the gag order be lifted enabling the company to put the final proposal on jetnet and would they

Status
Not open for further replies.