American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vortilon,
I know you're just passing on what Gary said, so understand this isn't directed at you. But Gary is indeed a power hungry liar.
Failed to land a management job, so there is no doubt he holds a vendetta. I'm not saying I believe Tim's fairies either, but Gary not only has an axe to grind, but now he also draws a nice paycheck and pretty pension. Yep, he is looking out for the members...
Just watch his ranting YouTube videos and that says it all.

Vortilon,
I know you're just passing on what Gary said, so understand this isn't directed at you. But Gary is indeed a power hungry liar.
Failed to land a management job, so there is no doubt he holds a vendetta. I'm not saying I believe Tim's fairies either, but Gary not only has an axe to grind, but now he also draws a nice paycheck and pretty pension. Yep, he is looking out for the members...
+1

Reactions: Duke787
With this higher profit sharing versus a higher hourly wage.Someone has to use last years numbers wirh the new higher percentage to see if this is acceptable. I mean we have a chit load more employees than the other 3 carriers
The specific wording was "double digit" ps. I assumed 10%. But Deltas plan is alot closer to D + 7% than D3 imo.
Whatever the case, ill take delta wage and delta ps over D3. That will be a major coup for the association which will and should get full credit even though swampt will fuss otherwise.

The specific wording was "double digit" ps. I assumed 10%. But Deltas plan is alot closer to D + 7% than D3 imo.
Whatever the case, ill take delta wage and delta ps over D3. That will be a major coup for the association which will and should get full credit even though swampt will fuss otherwise.
You're going to have to let me see the marh before i agree to that.Plus what about when there's a down turn?

Current TOS for the ramp: $32.29

For PS:

10% of the first $2.5B = A
20% of anything above $2.5B= B

A+B divided by total earnings of all eligible employees= C

C is then used as a percentage of your eligible income to determine your PS payout.

For example, if C wound up equalling 8, then your PS payout would equate to roughly 8% of your eligible income.

Reactions: swamt
Well what this means is there will be no agreement next year, and in fact it appears the company is pushing this to get it to arbitration which nobody will be happy with.
Who knows maybe the Ass is hoping for that too.
Bottom line we will remain behind our peers for a very long time.
Don’t you just love this BS company and the mess we were forced into by those crooks at the AFCIO

IF GP is giving an accurate pass down of what is happening !!!!!

Then it doesn’t sound like either side will budge from their respective positions, and the LAA AMTs will go into a 17th year of concessions. Because I recall hearing at a union meetings YEARS ago the same sticking points, but according to the union presidents 18months ago (coincidently the same time a representation challenge was ramping up to replace the association) we were very close to a TA.

I see no reason for the association not to move forward with asking to be released for self help.

I also see no reason not to move forward with an AMFA card drive then a vote.

What will happen though, is arbitration as the association won’t take responsibility for any contract. And from arbitration AA will be having title iii do aircraft movements, just like ALL the other airlines do. my suggestion for the association get something for it, like a 7th week of vacation. Give all the other airline mechanics a reason to want to have the association represent them and for us not to want to leave the association.

the association needs to do something positive for the association members

I personally think 7 weeks VC, highest paid, best scope (maybe not all you wanted) but still industry best scope is pretty good. Call it a victory and move on.

Last edited:
What were the last 2 ?
10,000 railway workers it represents. That was in 2018. Then, for the first time ever in the airlines, 900 iam FAs at United Express 2 weeks ago.

A few notes:
1. Peterson is lying 100% about the company not offering a full proposal. We all actually saw it. The nmb would have put intense pressure on the company if it hasnt an offer on the table. He is a liar.
2. Just to discuss Petersons narrative, then he has failed us because any union would have asked to be released after almost 6 years and no offer. Unions ask to be released after 2 years. I dont think many mx actually believe Peterson.

3. A union has never been granted arbitration, at this point, without having a vote first.

I anticipate a TA within 60 days. Its already done. The amfa drive will root out the TA soon. The company and its lapdog have no other choice. The card drive is approaching 5,000 in less than 4 weeks. Ive never seen such a quick signup.

Reactions: swamt
The TA is going to be a goodie. I have no problem giving the association credit for it when they huddle up and decide to put it out.
The wages and ps are sweet. Lus keeps its medical until sunset (cadillac tax. Thank obamas redistribution of wealth).
The total cost from the jetnet structure is the same. Regarding fleet, the displacement protections were scrapped to save the company $14 million a year and small stations like mine now have a sunset clause so im screwed in about 4 years but thats about all i have left. The union gains 4 bigger stations of about 750 more members. Junior agents will have zero protections now other than the scam "no layoff protection" which means SFO, LAX JFK or furlough.
All of the above is from someone that definately has an agenda...as in bigtime, but i consider him to be extremely credible although admittedly he could be blowing smoke but id be shocked.
Also full retro but that will be a concession from $6000 some were set to get prior.

140854.png
What were the last 2 ?
Attached is the official letter. Obviously, the plan would be to bring a vote then recommend a no but back it up with arbitration to complete the process.

Current TOS for the ramp: $32.29

For PS:

10% of the first $2.5B = A
20% of anything above $2.5B= B

A+B divided by total earnings of all eligible employees= C

C is then used as a percentage of your eligible income to determine your PS payout.

For example, if C wound up equalling 8, then your PS payout would equate to roughly 8% of your eligible income.
Is that net profit? If so, our company managed to load up one time expenses when we otherwise would have made big profits. Thus, is Delta ps subject to big one time fees or items that the company can count against?

10,000 railway workers it represents. That was in 2018. Then, for the first time ever in the airlines, 900 iam FAs at United Express 2 weeks ago.

A few notes:
1. Peterson is lying 100% about the company not offering a full proposal. We all actually saw it. The nmb would have put intense pressure on the company if it hasnt an offer on the table. He is a liar.
2. Just to discuss Petersons narrative, then he has failed us because any union would have asked to be released after almost 6 years and no offer. Unions ask to be released after 2 years. I dont think many mx actually believe Peterson.

3. A union has never been granted arbitration, at this point, without having a vote first.

I anticipate a TA within 60 days. Its already done. The amfa drive will root out the TA soon. The company and its lapdog have no other choice. The card drive is approaching 5,000 in less than 4 weeks. Ive never seen such a quick signup.
Tell us more oh magical wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.