American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I'm LUS but I picked up how concerned the people in TUL are about their jobs,I could imagine the breakroom Rusty is just one of them he doesn't see the huge amount of people the company is hiring probably sees nothing positive although I think TUL is a lot more secure than it was 5 years ago

"I think TUL is a lot more secure than it was 5 years ago"
This above statement is nothing but pure ignorance.

We have LOST OVER 5000 TWU members in the last 15 years at TULE. How many have you lost at your station?

New AMT's ARE NOT being Hired in Tulsa. We are LOSING THEM every Week and have been for the past 15 YEARS. Aircraft Docks have been CLOSED RECENTLY in Tulsa and now are used for Parts Warehousing [Docks 4A and 4D] These Docks were used for MD 80 Heavy C and Light C Check work for almost 30 years.

In our component back shops which includes Avionics about 60% of our work for the last 30 years was MD 80 work. How much MD work do you think we have today? We are NOT receiving NEW Component work to REPLACE the MD 80 work either. Where are those people going when the last MD 80 Rolls out of Tulsa in December of 2018?????????????

Our own Local 514 tells us that it is very possible that Tulsa will lose at least 1000 more AMT's in the near future when the outsourcing goes from 35% to 50% [JCBA Proposal] and a large group of people are reaching retirement age in the next 5 Years.

You line folks can Keep on wearing your rose colored glasses but things in Tulsa are NOT ROSY and AMT jobs at TULE are LESS SECURE than they have been in the last 15 years since the 2003 Concessions and LAYOFFS.

AMT's have been in an ONGOING RIF at TULE since 2003 and there is no end in sight.

I DO NOT EVER hear SITO or Gary Peterson directly address the PRESENT situation at TULE.

I sure have no sympathy for the loss of Company Subsidized Health Care when we have been enduring these kinds of Reductions in Tulsa.

Our TEO Building is a Ghost Town compared to what it once was with the amount of people and work we had.

JCBA NOW! Grab what you can while you can before it is too late!

We have LOST OVER 5000 TWU members in the last 15 years at TULE. How many have you lost at your station?

New AMT's ARE NOT being Hired in Tulsa. We are LOSING THEM every Week and have been for the past 15 YEARS. Aircraft Docks have been CLOSED RECENTLY in Tulsa and now are used for Parts Warehousing [Docks 4A and 4D] These Docks were used for MD 80 Heavy C and Light C Check work for almost 30 years.

In our component back shops which includes Avionics about 60% of our work for the last 30 years was MD 80 work. How much MD work do you think we have today? We are NOT receiving NEW Component work to REPLACE the MD 80 work either. Where are those people going when the last MD 80 Rolls out of Tulsa in December of 2018?????????????

Our own Local 514 tells us that it is very possible that Tulsa will lose at least 1000 more AMT's in the near future when the outsourcing goes from 35% to 50% [JCBA Proposal] and a large group of people are reaching retirement age in the next 5 Years.

You line folks can Keep on wearing your rose colored glasses but things in Tulsa are NOT ROSY and AMT jobs at TULE are LESS SECURE than they have been in the last 15 years since the 2003 Concessions and LAYOFFS.

AMT's have been in an ONGOING RIF at TULE since 2003 and there is no end in sight.

I DO NOT EVER hear SITO or Gary Peterson directly address the PRESENT situation at TULE.

I sure have no sympathy for the loss of Company Subsidized Health Care when we have been enduring these kinds of Reductions in Tulsa.

Our TEO Building is a Ghost Town compared to what it once was with the amount of people and work we had.

Ok nevermind.....my neighbor is a AMT at JFK hes singing the same tune no work no parts they are going to sell the hangar to DL the 777s are going to Brazil.Its just going to be a gas and go.....the company has most 1000 planes who's going to work on them also did TUL get any new work since the merger

Rusty I meant secure in that the airline is in bettet shape but if it's in dire as you say maybe they could sell the TUL facilities to pay off some debt.

Ok nevermind.....my neighbor is a AMT at JFK hes singing the same tune no work no parts they are going to sell the hangar to DL the 777s are going to Brazil.Its just going to be a gas and go.....the company has most 1000 planes who's going to work on them also did TUL get any new work since the merger

"also did TUL get any new work since the merger"

NO In fact we LOST more work because 2 of our B-737 LIGHT C LINES CLOSED due to the Newer LAA B-737's being placed into the LUS Phase Check Program INSTEAD of remaining in the LAA Light C Check Program. The merger has cost us work because instead of our LAA A319's coming to Tulsa they are going to Aeroman in El Salvador. US AIR did this very thing before the merger and we still have the same America West Management making the same decisions.

You line folks must live a very isolated life from the rest of the Airline.

"also did TUL get any new work since the merger"

NO In fact we LOST more work because 2 of our B-737 LIGHT C LINES CLOSED due to the Newer LAA B-737's being placed into the LUS Phase Check Program INSTEAD of remaining in the LAA Light C Check Program. The merger has cost us work because instead of our LAA A319's coming to Tulsa they are going to Aeroman in El Salvador. US AIR did this very thing before the merger and we still have the same America West Management making the same decisions.

You line folks must live a very isolated life from the rest of the Airline.
Yes we are SECTION 6 ALL THE WAY

Rusty I meant secure in that the airline is in bettet shape but if it's in dire as you say maybe they could sell the TUL facilities to pay off some debt.

One Problem with your suggestion:

AA does not OWN the Tulsa facilities but LEASES THEM from the City of Tulsa.

Al, Tulsa is one of those places that only sells watered down beer. Drive just a tad further and drink some of the real stuff.
I tried that Lone Star up here really didn't care for it,but I'm set in my ways 4 Buds every night more if Im off the next day single guy you know I could eat chocolate chip cookies for dinner if I want

The people who post are probably more outspoken than the majority who sit in the breakroom and would want to keep status quo especially if they got a pretty good contract...my opinion of course
Just like where I am at most people just want to vote and move on, especially with no scope loss. It's funny when we first started this people even the hard cores were with AMFA. Now a few of them are not so Rah Rah like they were. My prediction when we finally get a T/A it will pass. Then all the officers that took forever with be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back