American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks to Obamas policies. Sorry

BTW, what the hell did Obama EVER do for the union member??? Under his watch,he hammered union health care by slapping Cadillac tax on our union health care plans. This hosed the American AIrline workers and will eventually hose us. He hosed union members by hosing their pensions when he allowed Labor Organizations (Corporations themselves now) to strip retirees of their retirement.

That's just two right off my head, he hosed union people on health care, and pensions. Aren't those 2 of the 3 pillars he D^cked us on?

Now, Trump allows health care to be pooled, as of last month, across states to find the most competitive rates and so many small businesses are now able to compete and give their employees health care.

I'll ask you one more time, what the hell did Obama do for union members/ I know he did a lot for Labor Organizations but things didn't trickle down. He didn't do D for union members. Oh, and he encouraged the loss of hundreds of thousands of union jobs to mexico, china, and was ready to sign TPP.
If you don't think Obama hosed American workers then you are just blind. Please say hello to the Easter Bunny for me! Sheesh! Just leftards.

not that i was a big obama fan, but his administration probably saved $700-$900 per month of my pension for my retirement.

finally, an administration agency that pushed back against corporate america and didn't give the easy thumbs up to a corporation gutting it's workers' pensions - ala bush era.

the pbgc pushed back, aa reconsidered and froze my pension...after wanting to terminate it.

I dont know why the Weez mocks or cares what you guys do.If your drive and is successful and are happy with representation we should seriously consider it also
he doesnt care. He just cant stay out of it. The new union vote for mx will happen pretty quickly. Im guessing amt will win when it gets to a vote. I just never hear any good things about the arse. IAM will only lose 3,000. I think twu has 7,000?

I think their goal is 60 days of card signups. Im guessing it starts in September.

he doesnt care. He just cant stay out of it. The new union vote for mx will happen pretty quickly. Im guessing amt will win when it gets to a vote. I just never hear any good things about the arse. IAM will only lose 3,000. I think twu has 7,000?

I think their goal is 60 days of card signups. Im guessing it starts in September.
It's like Karma, they formed this Association trying to lock you guys in, thinking they couldn't be raided, by playing both the IAM, and TWU side against each other. In the end it backfired because it motivated you guys to step up, and do something about it.

If you don't think Obama hosed American workers then you are just blind. Please say hello to the Easter Bunny for me! Sheesh! Just leftards.
Finally the real Tim Nelson reveals himself! I can tell you one thing Obama or any other Democrate never did, and that's to initiate, draft, and present legislation that would completely DESTROY Organized Labor!

https://www.bna.com/trump-administration-puts-n57982083381/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ins-in-washington_us_5891fb30e4b0522c7d3e354d

Of course the "real" Tim Nelson actually wants this doesn't he?

>SPIT<

it all boils down to marx...labor vs. capital.

in european nations, govts. have stepped in to ensure the labor vs. capital pendulum doesn't swing too much in one direction. in germany, unions must have a seat on one of a company's two boards.

there are checks and balances in the govt...economic liberalism does not want any checks & balances. when left to their own devices, capital will always win..money talks. money buys politicians, hence: the law and police/military to enforce capital's 'laws'.

if the govt. (politics) has checks and balances, why not economics?

Why do unions need the force of government to prosper? Why can they not succeed on their ideas alone?
This is like asking why do the Airlines need the pasengers, and frieght to prosper...
If you don't know the answer to that, you are either incredibly naive, or advancing an agenda...

Also, Nelson-- Your boy Trump has NEVER suceeded in passing the State to State helathcare laws...
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ngress-allow-health-insurance-across-state-l/

Or another example...paid lunches. TWU has much stronger language so obviously we should START with TWU language.
Hope that helps.

You can "start" anywhere you want. Doesn't mean the Company will "start" where you want because they may have other ideas. Hence, we have our starting point and they have theirs.

This is like asking why do the Airlines need the pasengers, and frieght to prosper...
If you don't know the answer to that, you are either incredibly naive, or advancing an agenda...

Also, Nelson-- Your boy Trump has NEVER suceeded in passing the State to State helathcare laws...
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ngress-allow-health-insurance-across-state-l/
his EO just freed millions of workers to finally get healthcare. Including one of my family members. Its under the DOL tab. Small businesses have just started getting together and it crosses state lines. Not sure why you attack me, im just reporting the wonderful development. If you want to strip people of their new healthcare then write to Obama.

It's like Karma, they formed this Association trying to lock you guys in, thinking they couldn't be raided, by playing both the IAM, and TWU side against each other. In the end it backfired because it motivated you guys to step up, and do something about it.
morons. they panicked for a 2 year bar. Times up. No love lost.
As for fleet, lets let a jcba play out first. MX is nowhere close to a ta since sito and alex have totally dropped the ball and had too many misfires.

You can "start" anywhere you want. Doesn't mean the Company will "start" where you want because they may have other ideas. Hence, we have our starting point and they have theirs.

Duh....... Condescend much?

I guess I have an agenda, Freedom and choice. Passengers can choose to fly an airline. Unionized work groups cannot choose to not be in a union for the most part. If your union is so great people will see the obvious value and flock to it.

I guess I have an agenda, Freedom and choice. Passengers can choose to fly an airline. Unionized work groups cannot choose to not be in a union for the most part. If your union is so great people will see the obvious value and flock to it.

The freedom is taken away by legislation.

It is becoming a choice to pay dues because of legislation. The piece few talk about is how the legal obligation to represent someone whether they pay their dues or don't doesn't go away. Right-to-Work, the Janus decision and the current accompanying Bill in Congress only takes away the payment but not the obligation, and that fact is what causes people to walk away since they're getting the coverage without the expense.

If that changed and those that didn't pay dues had to work outside the collective bargaining agreement reached with the union for their members or weren't represented when the company wanted to discipline or fire them, then it would be a fair thing to make the payment optional. You get what you pay for or don't pay for.

As it stands, making the payment optional but the representation mandatory is only meant to weaken the unions and in turn their members.

Who asked about the company’s starting point? The discussion wasn’t where the company wants their starting point. Obviously they have their own ideas. It was about the IAM and TWU getting together prior to talks and formulating their approach to negotiations. That is where the question led...to OUR position on articles. So the answer is...what I stated and what WeAAs posted from the Association.
The Association did meet for months prior to ever meeting with the company. Those meetings ( for fleet) were facilitated by Dave Virella until he was replaced by M Mayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back