American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears we have our answer. It appears neither the IAM nor the company are willing to move substantially on the IAM medical coverage. I am not saying the IAM should move. I am saying I think going to Section 6 will only increase the tensions between the TWU and IAM members. I am not saying any of this can be easily avoided now. I am saying it appears we are stuck when we have one sentence about meeting to start working on SCOPE and then the rest of the remaining paragraphs in the bulletin are about caving on the IAM medical, which is not a concession for the TWU but would be an improvement. I foresee fighting all the way around.

They met to talk about SCOPE and then someone mentioned medical and everyone got mad and left? That's the way the memo makes it sound and it does not sound like a productive strategy for negotiations imo.

The only movement that would lessen tension between our unions regarding the medical will have to come from the company and if that does not happen you will have one union fighting to keep their medical, and another union fighting to get out of 15 years working under concessionary contracts as soon as possible. This does not leave me with much hope for the future.

As a TWU member, if you think the Association was a better option, all I can say is...
Never mind, it's best I keep it to myself]

In DFW you’re not around TWA people to understand what I mean. Try talking to some people in LGA with a very healthy mix and now magnify that animosity had TWU taken the whole pie.

But AANOTOK you tell me? Where do you think we would be today right now had the TWU just dismissed the IAM and the AFL/CIO outright?

Would we have a contract and a really good one for ALL of us had they done that?

It's 2018, whats with all the 2015 postings.
AA
It originated when someone stated ( incorrectly) that the Association never met and formulated their position on the JCBA prior to talks with the company. It was inferred that they were just flying by the seat of their pants.

It appears we have our answer. It appears neither the IAM nor the company are willing to move substantially on the IAM medical coverage. I am not saying the IAM should move. I am saying I think going to Section 6 will only increase the tensions between the TWU and IAM members. I am not saying any of this can be easily avoided now. I am saying it appears we are stuck when we have one sentence about meeting to start working on SCOPE and then the rest of the remaining paragraphs in the bulletin are about caving on the IAM medical, which is not a concession for the TWU but would be an improvement. I foresee fighting all the way around.

They met to talk about SCOPE and then someone mentioned medical and everyone got mad and left? That's the way the memo makes it sound and it does not sound like a productive strategy for negotiations imo.

The only movement that would lessen tension between our unions regarding the medical will have to come from the company and if that does not happen you will have one union fighting to keep their medical, and another union fighting to get out of 15 years working under concessionary contracts as soon as possible. This does not leave me with much hope for the future.
According to the update, it looks like AA flipped the script. Instead of a response to their previous sessions, the company said let’s talk medical. That is just the company attempting to control the talks. Be grateful that the Assoc didn’t fall for it.

The only way I will except the inferior medical the company is so hell bent to push on us is at least 6.00$ an hour more to help me pay for it. I still think we need to keep negotiating until we get a contract and then dump this association!!!

According to the update, it looks like AA flipped the script. Instead of a response to their previous sessions, the company said let’s talk medical. That is just the company attempting to control the talks. Be grateful that the Assoc didn’t fall for it.
We would know if we were given a little more detail. Also, as previously stated by another poster, don't you think I deserve to know when they are meeting?

What are you talking about, wasted time??
You just said the association was certified 05/15. They met 07/15.

He believes that the Association should have begun the process of reconciliation and negotiating prior to certification. At the time he was even publicly advocating that the IAM should abandon their individual Section 6 talks and begin the process to obtain JCBA’s.

That not what im getting out of it, which brings the shitty communication to light. But its all about medical and the iam. Again. Looks like we will just have to fix it for ourselves.

As a TWU member, if you think the Association was a better option, all I can say is...
Never mind, it's best I keep it to myself.

Hey AANOTOK I just thought of a question I’ve never asked you. It’s clear your hatred of the Ass as you call it and you state to me “As a TWU Member”

Ok how about this one? What if the ONLY option for a Union for you was the IAM? Let’s say TWU took Maintenance and IAM took the Ramp?

Would you prefer to be an IAM Member over the Ass?

That not what im getting out of it, which brings the shitty communication to light. But its all about medical and the iam. Again. Looks like we will just have to fix it for ourselves.
the Association has pushed the TWU end of the negotiations committee into a soundproof room. OTOH Mr Baskett was given much more info and is being used as a tool to put out more info...info the twu pre' dont have.
Todays update was "Premature" by the iam and i dont think its going to prove accurate. Lets wait for clarity later this week. Just a hunch, thats all.

Hey AANOTOK I just thought of a question I’ve never asked you. It’s clear your hatred of the Ass as you call it and you state to me “As a TWU Member”

Ok how about this one? What if the ONLY option for a Union for you was the IAM? Let’s say TWU took Maintenance and IAM took the Ramp?

Would you prefer to be an IAM Member over the Ass?
Easy one W, absolutely. Being the majority I would prefer the TWU, you know a bit like the pilots and flight attendants did, and normally how society does in general "majority rules". But having said that, I would still have much preferred the IAM over the made up ridiculous entity known as the Association.

the Association has pushed the TWU end of the negotiations committee into a soundproof room. OTOH Mr Baskett was given much more info and is being used as a tool to put out more info...info the twu pre' dont have.
Todays update was "Premature" by the iam and i dont think its going to prove accurate. Lets wait for clarity later this week. Just a hunch, thats all.
I hope so on your part Tim, and quite honestly mine. I still say put something out for a vote and let us decide.

Easy one W, absolutely. Being the majority I would prefer the TWU, you know a bit like the pilots and flight attendants did, and normally how society does in general "majority rules". But having said that, I would still have much preferred the IAM over the made up ridiculous entity known as the Association.

Ok. But the majority was never given a choice and harping on it will never change that fact.

Not hitting you I swear but GOD do I hate the harping.

Ok. But the majority was never given a choice and harping on it will never change that fact.

Not hitting you I swear but GOD do I hate the harping.
I hear you W, I don’t take it as you hitting me. I agree, I’m frustrated and admit I’m harping. I can’t stand the idea of the Ass. So, rather it changes anything or not, (it won’t)
I’ll continue to harp on it until I get tired of it, not you. Obviously there are things you do I don’t agree with and I periodically call you out on it.
It is what it is, just part of the forum life. Even your sniffer and his Green and Gold is part of the life..,but I must say, you are relevant, he on the other hand...MEH!

AA
It originated when someone stated ( incorrectly) that the Association never met and formulated their position on the JCBA before talks with the company. It was inferred that they were just flying by the seat of their pants.

Wowsy. Where is that inference?

It has been stated; repeatedly, there was much wasted time from the inception of the Association in 2013 to the two side getting together to prepare for negotiations, which didn't happen until July 2015.

More than two years.

You want to count two months, then, by all means, do so, but the organization was in place since 2013. The organization was created in large part to negotiate but if you believe it is acceptable to wait two years before preparing for the reason it was designed then that's your choice. To me, it seems that was wasted time and a lost opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back