American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

Because of the dead people on the list that the twu sent in

2. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

This is where you and others lose ALL credibility. You earn roughly $105,000 per year FT BASE pay. And that doesn’t even include any OT or your 401k Match.

You have the NERVE to say you’re making the crumbs? WTF, get real.

I make $40,000 per year BASE less than you and why don’t you go ask what the people over at ENVOY make per year. Hint: A hell of a lot less than you and I.

Crumbs?!?!?!? WOW!!!!!!

3. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Metal I wanted to come back to this since Conehead commented.

What 50 or 60 votes? I don’t recall you guys sending in enough cards to the NMB to Call for a Representation election even much less an actual vote? Are you saying that you were 50 to 60 Cards short?

If that’s the case do you have a copy of the NMB decision saying that you were short?

And why would you file without an extra buffer anyway?

And BTW before the IBT is brought up as being in cahoots with the TWU again I need to ask why would they be? What would be in it for the IBT?

The IBT left the AFL/CIO in 2005 just so they could raid other Unions.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Dead people on what list that the TWU sent to who?

Can you answer this comment with some more specificity?

5. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Yes, my apologies..
    Either way, was not a super majority..
    Whether you want to accept it or not, shenanigans was played by the TWU and they DID include dead, retired, former and members turned mangagement.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

When the drive was ongoing and card count in play. the TWU's list of who should be included in the vote included dead, retired, former and members turned management. Essentially non eligible and impossible to vote but included in the eligible count.

7. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

Well finally with that one you sound dumb? At Tulsa, we have 50+ year-olds taking the time to get their A&P Licenses. Machinist, Welders etc... are protecting themselves, for the future, if they have 10 years or more to go this could be lucrative. Also even without over time, I don't earn $105000 but $108000 a year. When are you going to take "Unlimited Part Time" for Fleet Service so I can have my 7th week of vacation in my 29th year like United?

and you misspelled "gladly"

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

Yes I saw that, I guess the company is fixing that this contract?

9. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

Yes I understand

10. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

You do realize that mechanics earn more than you and your group because we have taken the time and expense to improve ourselves. Our jobs are vastly different and most know this. Do you believe that if the mechanics leave your union, that things will be the same?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sendmeupacrowsfoot

#6221 sendmeupacrowsfoot, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    C'mon WeAAsles, get with the program and just sign a card already.
    How bout showing some solidarity. Oh that's right, you can't sign a card you're not a mechanic. Well you could at least pass some out.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

Dues money, but in this case, the IBT had some issues with the membership over the security of the "drive" cards which the IBT was filling out cards for members that would not vote for them. The IBT with it's AFL-CIO issue perhaps was to be an intervenor in the next union drive at American. The IBT was running as a Third candidate for representation. I am not sure of the AFL-CIO involvement, except the Industrial Unions do not move without permission. Today the AFL-CIO is to keep the two labor unions on the course and this what the Mechanics are angry.

13. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

i think it will be better for both. Globalism has destroyed your craft insomuch that you are competing against workers making about $5 buck an hour. The Association isnt the answer as anything associated with the iam has destroyed mx jobs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 737823

737823 Veteran

And your high on the hog lots of downtime between Kloading widebody departures are subsidized by people at stations like TLH and PLS who are on their feet all day, in some cases cross utilized for a fraction of what you make yet they’re significantly more productive and bring more value to AA than you.

You can keep singing this idealist tune that everyone should get mainline scale and benefits like you do on DL organizing pages but at the end of the day there’s a finite amount the carriers can spend as they benchmark costs on a system level and you are crowding out what Envoy, DGS, UGE, McGee types make.

Josh

15. 737823

737823 Veteran

Other than LUS has their been another MX group that has stayed with the IAM?

Josh