American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the people hired there would ***** and complain

Eventually some of them will. But first your more Senior guys would have transferred there by choice so that would be pointed out and the rest would be new hires who could transfer out over time.

But this idea could open up the opportunity for hundreds and perhaps even a thousand new jobs all over the Country.

It would also get rid of some of those lower cost subcontractors.

Funny, on one side you have the mouth pieces pump, pump, pump, and on the other side you have people with inside knowledge, have it wrapped up, know the details. Then in the middle you have the ones who are criticized the most, and yet, they seem to be the most accurate...from day one I might add. Don't know who the rock thrower is, but I do know that I still don't have to decide between baked or fried Crow...I wouldn't say a damn word if mouths didn't open up with that "in your face" attitude that disagreed with my and other opinions. Impossible for some!

Right on cue. My rock thrower.

The “Official” updates are terrible. What is shared from other sources, not so much.

Tim the update is pretty much saying they are having a difficult time negotiating. Is there a self imposed "11th hour" or deadline for us to go to section 6
Al, without even more clarity from the Association, you can bet your bottom dollar Section 6 is is a reality. AA wanted to outsource a few Fleet jobs originally, but now the ASS says almost all Fleet jobs have the potential to be outsourced. Of course as usual, they provide no details. In all honesty, I strongly believe the IAM side of the ASS wants Section 6.

Eventually some of them will. But first your more Senior guys would have transferred there by choice so that would be pointed out and the rest would be new hires who could transfer out over time.

But this idea could open up the opportunity for hundreds and perhaps even a thousand new jobs all over the Country.

It would also get rid of some of those lower cost subcontractors.
No, it would be in addition to the contractors we don't need a b scale

No, it would be in addition to the contractors we don't need a b scale

Well if we went by say Tim’s line and it was 20 additional Stations opened there would be a timeframe that the subcontracting Companies would have to vacate before in house staffing begins.

I’d also like to see us take over the Regional work at least in the Hubs which would create a ton of opportunities to move up in Seniority.

Al, without even more clarity from the Association, you can bet your bottom dollar Section 6 is is a reality. AA wanted to outsource a few Fleet jobs originally, but now the ASS says almost all Fleet jobs have the potential to be outsourced. Of course as usual, they provide no details. In all honesty, I strongly believe the IAM side of the ASS wants Section 6.
Do you think the hang up could just be contract languge.Change a few words around and the jobs are secure.Ive seen that

And it will happen again with an AMP vote, so be prepared.
As close as that AMFA vote was, with you guys going AMP this time will get you guys the cards you need AND the votes you need to rid yourselves of this asso.
I think some were reluctant on AMFA but will be more than willing to go AMP as it will be an AA mechanics union representational (and related) class craft only. In other words, going AMP over AMFA will generate way more interest in going with new union.
I hope AMP is successful. That would be 3 big inhouse labor organizations on the property. Patco (dispatchers?) isnt AA exclusive.

I also think our ramp needs to stop contracting out our union to the Association and should fire it and insource the work like our stews and pilots did.

I doubt the Association accepts the loss of Catering either. Not so sure ultimately about Lav Dumps as it could be given to satisfy a measure of good faith in Negotiations and give the Company at least one small check mark in the win category?

I would absolutely and wholeheartedly support B or Class 2 Stations if they were ones we weren’t already inhabiting. I’m not sure under what stipulations I would feel comfortable to go to one myself in the future but even under your scenario I’m 100% positive my friend Greg would go back home to MEM.

I hope there is support and open minds to make those “options” a reality?
previously our B stations had less scope and less pay (not to be confused with our express stations we had).
Ord was a B station. I made $17 when A stations made $19. The hubs didnt mind throwing all of us under the bus.
In this B station proposal, i dont believe it affects any current station.
I believe it is talking about new stations with a top out wage of around $20 or less for the unborn, but anyone on the current seniority would be able to transfer (maybe a window that closes) to MEM and keep pay or maybe 20% less.
Again, this would be better than United ground, increase union membership dramatically and give opportunity for folks to get home.

Id reserve judgement until i see it but if it is a ridiculous wage and not much opportunity then Al is right.

Do you think the hang up could just be contract languge.Change a few words around and the jobs are secure.Ive seen that
Obviously I don't know for sure, but seems to me the Association is insinuating that Fleet "jobs" could be outsourced, and not just the catering, deicing and lavs. Really easy to prove, show AA's proposal... Until that happens, you'll just have to trust the Association.

previously our B stations had less scope and less pay (not to be confused with our express stations we had).
Ord was a B station. I made $17 when A stations made $19. The hubs didnt mind throwing all of us under the bus.
In this B station proposal, i dont believe it affects any current station.
I believe it is talking about new stations with a top out wage of around $20 or less for the unborn, but anyone on the current seniority would be able to transfer (maybe a window that closes) to MEM and keep pay or maybe 20% less.
Again, this would be better than United ground, increase union membership dramatically and give opportunity for folks to get home.

Id reserve judgement until i see it but if it is a ridiculous wage and not much opportunity then Al is right.

Well normally I’d say you were crazy on the idea of staffing new cities at $20 or less but unfortunately we do have this example with the CWA in your “Customer Assistance Reps”

My friend would NOT go back to MEM under those terms. That pay is too low.

F81294BF-95D8-4DE7-B5D8-BBB96ADB267D.png

Tim the update is pretty much saying they are having a difficult time negotiating. Is there a self imposed "11th hour" or deadline for us to go to section 6
Al, i dont believe anyone is filing section 6. Nobody has to, but both can.
The update is contradictive. It suggest that Johnson has gone rogue and contradicted Parker. He didnt. And if that were true, Sito would put out the language and every fleet service agent would be pissed. He wont put it out cuz its all bullcrap. We need something more than "Johnson doesnt know what he is doin", "The company lied", and now "Company negotiators contradict parker"
The onus is upon Sito to back up his claim. He wont. Thats the story.

Al, i dont believe anyone is filing section 6. Nobody has to, but both can.
The update is contradictive. It suggest that Johnson has gone rogue and contradicted Parker. He didnt. And if that were true, Sito would put out the language and every fleet service agent would be pissed. He wont put it out cuz its all bullcrap. We need something more than "Johnson doesnt know what he is doin", "The company lied", and now "Company negotiators contradict parker"
The onus is upon Sito to back up his claim. He wont. Thats the story.
Seems to me this hardball crap should be waning by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.