American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of a raise did the TWU get them?Did it offset their ne dues payment?How many members are left at swissport from 2016? Does the TWU truly care for the Swissport workers or is it a dues grab?

I can’t find any of Local 525 CBA’s online but when I look at their LM2’s it says that they represent a total of less than 900 Members. That would also include their (honestly) primary group of NASA Firefighters and support.

The dues Cash crab comments are generally laughable considering the amount of dues outfits like Swissport would bring in. I don’t know the History of how they became organized by the TWU here in MIA but it’s likely someone at Swissport saw others represented by the TWU and reached out to them not the other way around?

But I haven’t been in MIA long enough to know all the History?

Not quite sure I understand the reason behind Rogallo’s Meme but I doubt there are many Swissport individuals performing the fueling work here in MIA when our Lav dump Bid sheet only shows 20 FT spots.

Rogallo do you know that the TWU represents other Blue Collar workers going through many of the same things that you and I went through? What do you think about that or is it just a “So What” in your mind?

80 Firefighters.

http://www.twu.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/39128-TWU-EXPRESS-lo-res.pdf

6AA95A62-C260-4122-90F9-C36B7C67A231.png

I can’t find any of Local 525 CBA’s online but when I look at their LM2’s it says that they represent a total of less than 900 Members. That would also include their (honestly) primary group of NASA Firefighters and support.

The dues Cash crab comments are generally laughable considering the amount of dues outfits like Swissport would bring in. I don’t know the History of how they became organized by the TWU here in MIA but it’s likely someone at Swissport saw others represented by the TWU and reached out to them not the other way around?

But I haven’t been in MIA long enough to know all the History?
Yeah Weez the TWU took them out of kindness and is actually losing money on the representation.I don't know if I'm allowed to confront you on topics anymore but are you serious!?

Not quite sure I understand the reason behind Rogallo’s Meme but I doubt there are many Swissport individuals performing the fueling work here in MIA when our Lav dump Bid sheet only shows 20 FT spots.

Rogallo do you know that the TWU represents other Blue Collar workers going through many of the same things that you and I went through? What do you think about that or is it just a “So What” in your mind?

80 Firefighters.

http://www.twu.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/39128-TWU-EXPRESS-lo-res.pdf

View attachment 13198

I do know who is represented by the TWU, even those outside of the transportation business! But I believe, deep down, that every one in this day and age really only care about what's in it for them. It starts at the top with the leaders of industry and International Labor leadership.

On a side note.......UPS mechanics, many of whom are based in Louisville at the company’s Worldport air hub, earn more than $100,000, with a “robust” defined-benefit pension plan and no-cost health insurance, UPS told WDRB in 2016.

Pretty nice scratch and bennies for the UPS guys, eh?

https://teamster.org/news/2018/08/teamsters-win-industry-leading-agreement-ups-aircraft-mechanics

Yeah Weez the TWU took them out of kindness and is actually losing money on the representation.I don't know if I'm allowed to confront you on topics anymore but are you serious!?

Al where did I say all that you just posted? You can make up your own mind how that Local is doing financially from the picture I’m posting. But I am saying that I don’t “think” that Local’s bread is buttered by their representation of some Swissport people at a few airports? TWU Local 525 represented 836 people last year and that again isn’t just Swissport.

I’m sure the Local “pools” their Representation among all they Represent. Sometimes they just might lose money on one group one year depending on the cost of being in Negotiations and those expenses. Years they’re not involved in Negotiations or any Court issues you’d assume they would generate assets on that group?

And don’t forget Al that the TWU operates the opposite way of the IAM where the International receives much less of a percentage and the Lions share is held by the Local.

D62F5662-D6EE-41AD-8413-4BFD7300F785.png

I do know who is represented by the TWU, even those outside of the transportation business! But I believe, deep down, that every one in this day and age really only care about what's in it for them. It starts at the top with the leaders of industry and International Labor leadership.

On a side note.......UPS mechanics, many of whom are based in Louisville at the company’s Worldport air hub, earn more than $100,000, with a “robust” defined-benefit pension plan and no-cost health insurance, UPS told WDRB in 2016.

Pretty nice scratch and bennies for the UPS guys, eh?

https://teamster.org/news/2018/08/teamsters-win-industry-leading-agreement-ups-aircraft-mechanics

Sounds great. But you earn more than $100,000 too and UPS only has 1,300 mechanics and farms out heavy maintenance.

I'm guessing that’s what you wish the Association would do as well?

Edit:

BTW Rogallo you guys on Forums and with your AMP Drive don’t exactly fit in too well with this quoted piece from your link. You’re actually completely the opposite.

“It’s because of the tremendous resolve and unity of our members and their families that we’re celebrating this historic agreement with UPS,” said Tim Boyle, President of Louisville-based Teamsters Local 2727. “We knew if we stuck together and stayed committed to protecting the pay and benefits we’ve earned over decades of hard work, we’d do what many thought was impossible and win big for our families, the future of our company and our customers. This contract does just that along with raising standards throughout the aviation industry.”

Last edited:
Sounds great. But you earn more than $100,000 too and UPS only has 1,300 mechanics and farms out heavy maintenance.

Edit:

BTW Rogallo you guys on Forums and with your AMP Drive don’t exactly fit in too well with this quoted piece from your link. You’re actually completely the opposite.

“It’s because of the tremendous resolve and unity of our members and their families that we’re celebrating this historic agreement with UPS,” said Tim Boyle, President of Louisville-based Teamsters Local 2727. “We knew if we stuck together and stayed committed to protecting the pay and benefits we’ve earned over decades of hard work, we’d do what many thought was impossible and win big for our families, the future of our company and our customers. This contract does just that along with raising standards throughout the aviation industry.”
Weez I cant speak for Rogallo but many feel they are in a sinking ship where the order is everyman for himself

Edit:

Ahh, the old apples to oranges argument. How about the righty/tighty-lefty/loosey argument?

Come on, lets give the association at AA some time.

Ahh, the old apples to oranges argument. How about the righty/tighty-lefty/loosey argument?

Come on, lets give the association at AA some time.

This one seems to fill in the blanks better than the one that Rogallo posted.

So the IBT Negotiated for 4 years (AMFA went 6) and those small number of UPS Mechanics hadn’t gotten a raise since 2005.

UPS-aircraft-125.jpg
After four years of negotiations, UPS Airlines and the Teamsters have tentatively agreed on a contract that would give UPS aircraft mechanics their first raise since 2005.

Reprinted from Courier-Journal.com

The deal resolves a dispute that led mechanics to discuss a possible strike last year, partly over UPS’s use of foreign companies for some maintenance. However, federal law significantly restricts airline workers’ ability to strike.

The agreement must be ratified by members of Teamsters Local 2727, which represents about 1,200 mechanics and other employees who service UPS cargo planes. A vote is expected soon.

About 40 percent of the local’s members are based in Louisville, where UPS has its main air hub.

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters announced the agreement Monday. Its airline division, Local 2727 and the National Mediation Board were involved in the negotiations.

The agreement includes “an industry-best” top wage rate, retroactive pay, continued free health benefits, and “company concessions that will bring vendor work in-house,” the international said in a statement.

The statement didn’t give wage details. UPS has said mechanics’ pay ranges from $21 to $43 an hour, with about 90 percent getting the top rate.

Bob Combine, president of Louisville-based Local 2727, said he didn’t want to comment on the deal until union leaders can discuss it with members.

The agreement caps a contentious two years. UPS laid off 140 mechanics in 2009 citing the economy, but the union blamed the layoffs on the outsourcing of work to China.

UPS says it uses overseas mechanics only to do routine maintenance checks when at some foreign airports. But last year an arbitrator ruled UPS violated its union contract by using outside vendors.

UPS spokesman Mike Mangeot said the company and union will disclose details of the deal once they are finalized. He called it an “industry-leading agreement … that reaffirms our mechanics’ status as the best in the industry.”

Weez I cant speak for Rogallo but many feel they are in a sinking ship where the order is everyman for himself

Again Al are you being serious here? In October of 2016 (2 years ago) we got a raise of 24% on average for TOS. That brought our AMT’s up to $103,000 and FSC up to $63,000. Then we also received a contractual raise of 2.1% last September.

Where precisely is this sinking ship? Personally the ship I’m sailing on is riding the Ocean quite nicely IMO.

This one seems to fill in the blanks better than the one that Rogallo posted.

So the IBT Negotiated for 4 years (AMFA went 6) and those small number of UPS Mechanics hadn’t gotten a raise since 2005.

UPS-aircraft-125.jpg
After four years of negotiations, UPS Airlines and the Teamsters have tentatively agreed on a contract that would give UPS aircraft mechanics their first raise since 2005.

Reprinted from Courier-Journal.com

The deal resolves a dispute that led mechanics to discuss a possible strike last year, partly over UPS’s use of foreign companies for some maintenance. However, federal law significantly restricts airline workers’ ability to strike.

The agreement must be ratified by members of Teamsters Local 2727, which represents about 1,200 mechanics and other employees who service UPS cargo planes. A vote is expected soon.

About 40 percent of the local’s members are based in Louisville, where UPS has its main air hub.

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters announced the agreement Monday. Its airline division, Local 2727 and the National Mediation Board were involved in the negotiations.

The agreement includes “an industry-best” top wage rate, retroactive pay, continued free health benefits, and “company concessions that will bring vendor work in-house,” the international said in a statement.

The statement didn’t give wage details. UPS has said mechanics’ pay ranges from $21 to $43 an hour, with about 90 percent getting the top rate.

Bob Combine, president of Louisville-based Local 2727, said he didn’t want to comment on the deal until union leaders can discuss it with members.

The agreement caps a contentious two years. UPS laid off 140 mechanics in 2009 citing the economy, but the union blamed the layoffs on the outsourcing of work to China.

UPS says it uses overseas mechanics only to do routine maintenance checks when at some foreign airports. But last year an arbitrator ruled UPS violated its union contract by using outside vendors.

UPS spokesman Mike Mangeot said the company and union will disclose details of the deal once they are finalized. He called it an “industry-leading agreement … that reaffirms our mechanics’ status as the best in the industry.”

Again Al are you being serious here? In October of 2016 (2 years ago) we got a raise of 24% on average for TOS. That brought our AMT’s up to $103,000 and FSC up to $63,000. Then we also received a contractual raise of 2.1% last September.

Where precisely is this sinking ship? Personally the ship I’m sailing on is riding the Ocean quite nicely IMO.
I said some feel this is a sinking ship evident by some social media posts.I do not share their feeling

So that means that anyone who’s in or wants to join a Union is just a part of one big dues cash grab? SMH.

Anyway on another note.

The RUMOR Train is pulling into the Station.

“RUMOR” has it that our Medical is going UP again for next year. (LAA)

Apparently the Standard plans will be going up by 7% and the Value plans will be going up by 11%.

So an 11% increase for the Family plans in the Value category will now be over $700.00 per month.

I bet the IAM just can’t wait to join our “must have” Medical plans, LMFAO.

Eventually and I’ve been saying this for years, small towns and cities are going to lose all Air service as they won’t be able to generate the Revenue to afford the cost of flying to them.

Labor costs are generally done on a system level.

If you are talking about really small places (like EAS cities), that's a different discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back