American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor costs are generally done on a system level.

If you are talking about really small places (like EAS cities), that's a different discussion.

I’m quite sure these Companies factor in ALL manner of costs in comparison to the revenue they believe they can generate before they decide whether or not to add service.

Just because AA is making Billions doesn’t mean they’re going to fly in to a financial market flop or sinkhole if they should actually avoid it.

Did you ever watch this Kev?

Last edited:
I’m quite sure these Companies factor in ALL manner of costs in comparison to the revenue they believe they can generate before they decide whether or not to add service.

Just because AA is making Billions doesn’t mean they’re going to fly in to a financial market flop or sinkhole if they should actually avoid it.

Did you ever watch this Kev?

I dont know they definitely run losing flights.I think that SYD flight loses money without the Quantas codeshare

So that means that anyone who’s in or wants to join a Union is just a part of one big dues cash grab? SMH.

Anyway on another note.

The RUMOR Train is pulling into the Station.

“RUMOR” has it that our Medical is going UP again for next year. (LAA)

Apparently the Standard plans will be going up by 7% and the Value plans will be going up by 11%.

So an 11% increase for the Family plans in the Value category will now be over $700.00 per month.

I bet the IAM just can’t wait to join our “must have” Medical plans, LMFAO.
Yes its a cash grab for the union they are a absolute business

I dont know they definitely run losing flights.I think that SYD flight loses money without the Quantas codeshare

If you read Bill Swelbar’s Blog and Cranky Flyer back in the day they did explain why Airlines fly “some” known money losers. Sometimes it’s Political and some leisure routes are run because high value Business travelers want them to be there when they go on Vacation.

I’ll post this one again too. Although I am talking about service outside of EAS.

https://www.transportation.gov/poli...unity-rural-air-service/essential-air-service

Yes its a cash grab for the union they are a absolute business

Ok so you completely discount the notion that many workers besides hating the pay and benefits are also tired of having management jam their foots up their asses? You also do realize that about 9 times out of 10 it’s and Employee who reaches out to a Union and not vice versa.

And per sey no Unions are not a Business as they aren’t publicly traded and are also non profit.

Did you ever read the TWU Constitution Al? First BTW since Harry Lombardo and then John Samuelsen won their elections they haven’t taken a raise.

If you ever do want to read that Constitution you’ll find out how they can get a raise and I think you’ll like how that works since YOU have to benefit before they can.

Anyway Unions are far from being Businesses but unfortunately some do model themselves after them to a degree. (That IS a problem)

Here at MIA the TWU doesn’t only represent the Mainline Ramp they also represent both Envoy and Swissport who fuels our Aircraft.

Here’s an update from 2016 for Swissport in MCO.

Published 15 Sep, 2016

Nearly 200 employees at Orlando International Airport now have the benefits of workplace protection, courtesy of TWU. In an overwhelming victory, ramp workers employed by Swissport voted for TWU representation on Sept. 9 and will become part of Local 525.

SwissportWeb.jpg

The workers approached TWU after years of struggling with low wages, long hours, and poor working conditions at the airport. They knew TWU’s proven track record of fighting for its members in the aviation industry and their confidence in their new union is reflected in the vote count. “No matter the size of the work unit, every employee deserves to be treated with dignity and respect,” said TWU Organizing Director Steve Roberts. “And our supporters were able to convince their co-workers to vote for TWU because of our history.”

Even a small unit working for a corporate behemoth such as Swissport, a global provider of ground and cargo handling services, deserve fair wages and the benefits of a strong union contract. Now, with TWU and Local 525 on their side, these new members will be able negotiate for that and more.

Welcome to the TWU family!

Now this is funny! Never thought of the twu as a lifeboat for anyone. If the twu is lifeboat I think I would keep swimming.

Al the TWU just organized around 5000 Flight Attendants at JetBlue. Those people reached out to the TWU for Representation for whatever reason? Maybe it was because of the TWU’s presence in NYC or because they represent SWA FA’s?

Anyway those people will not pay any dues until the TWU (Their voted in Reps) secure them their first Contract. Honestly Al yes that could take years and cost the TWU a boatload of money.

That’s not going to be money they can recoup overnight. It’s going to take many many years before that happens.

To gain their first Contract is absolutely going to cost Millions I’m sure.

Al the TWU just organized around 5000 Flight Attendants at JetBlue. Those people reached out to the TWU for Representation for whatever reason? Maybe it was because of the TWU’s presence in NYC or because they represent SWA FA’s?

Anyway those people will not pay any dues until the TWU (Their voted in Reps) secure them their first Contract. Honestly Al yes that could take years and cost the TWU a boatload of money.

That’s not going to be money they can recoup overnight. It’s going to take many many years before that happens.

To gain their first Contract is absolutely going to cost Millions I’m sure.
I cant respond to any of this benevolent union talk without getting you pissed so I wont

Now this is funny! Never thought of the twu as a lifeboat for anyone. If the twu is lifeboat I think I would keep swimming.

Perhaps you take for granted being in a Union and having the protections of a Collective Bargaining Agreement and enforceable Grievance language?

Maybe you have a slight education or gained a certificate from your High School Shop class that makes you feel like you wear a Teflon suit?

Not everyone is as fortunate as you maybe and they have the right to ask for at least a little dignity even if maybe they’ll never earn what you think they should to be respected.

Anyway I’d love to see you swim but personally I have a feeling you’d sink right down to the bottom.

Perhaps you take for granted being in a Union and having the protections of a Collective Bargaining Agreement and enforceable Grievance language?

Maybe you have a slight education or gained a certificate from your High School Shop class that makes you feel like you wear a Teflon suit?

Not everyone is as fortunate as you maybe and they have the right to ask for at least a little dignity even if maybe they’ll never earn what you think they should to be respected.

Anyway I’d love to see you swim but personally I have a feeling you’d sink right down to the bottom.
Along with Pan Am TWA Eastern protected union people

Okay today I learned that unions aren't a business because they are not publicly traded and if I'm not a member of a union I have no dignity jeez sounds like a religion

I cant respond to any of this benevolent union talk without getting you pissed so I wont

They’re not being benevolent. The TWU is a member of the AFL/CIO and is directed by that organization to spend a percentage (Maybe 3%) of the Money they collect in dues to organizing those who aren’t organized per year.

In all honesty no I don’t think everyone gets the same level of Representation based on their numbers or status.

And I’m not going to speak for the Union you belong to Al but I think the one I belong to is trying to change that? Maybe your experience and research into the IAM is completely different? No Al not all Unions are the same.

BTW all those protests the TWU staged all over the Country is because the AMT’s Locals are loaded and can afford it. They mostly footed their own Bills.

Along with Pan Am TWA Eastern protected union people

Ridiculous conversation to have as those stories can fill up volumes of textbooks and aren’t as simple as trying to locate simple answers.

Okay today I learned that unions aren't a business because they are not publicly traded and if I'm not a member of a union I have no dignity jeez sounds like a religion

Again Al where did I say that not being in a Union means you have no dignity? But in many unskilled jobs yes Management does not treat their Workforce well. Costco is the few and far in between exception.

Unlike you though Al I can give the Corporations who do treat their workers well their due but God forbid you were ever to give a Union some props I guess huh?

(Even today are you so sure you want to picture this Country with them completely gone?)

They’re not being benevolent. The TWU is a member of the AFL/CIO and is directed by that organization to spend a percentage (Maybe 3%) of the Money they collect in dues to organizing those who aren’t organized per year.

In all honesty no I don’t think everyone gets the same level of Representation based on their numbers or status.

And I’m not going to speak for the Union you belong to Al but I think the one I belong to is trying to change that? Maybe your experience and research into the IAM is completely different? No Al not all Unions are the same.

BTW all those protests the TWU staged all over the Country is because the AMT’s Locals are loaded and can afford it. They mostly footed their own Bills.
Not all the same? So I'll notice a big difference my first day as a TWU member. Or do you think I'll just chug along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back