American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gen what do you think the picketing will accomplish?Will it hasten the signing of a contract or cause the company to change their stance on some of the items?Maybe it's just letting them know we are still here
Normally yes i would say picketing has a marginal effect. The difference now is the stock is in the tank, numbers suck and the media is starting to notice. The flight attendants are grumbling, the pilots are coming up, if there is enough noise it will start to affect the stock price even more. Which will hit them in the pocket, which as we all know is the only thing they care about.

So yes they are sensitive to bad publicity and stock price. Investors cant be happy with the stock price, and now and then you read articles suggesting a change in management might be time.

There you go again i have signed an amfa card on every card drive please do yourself a favor and don't stereotype and i won't include you with the title 1 people that asked what they can get if they outsourced title 2 in the 2003 negotiations. that is why most title 2 will not sign cards because they know that you believe that you are better than we are.
Title 2 just like you have guys that cant see the light so do we. Thank you for signing the card, as far as conehead what can i say? There is only so many times you blame your posts on your phone...

21BEE2E3-8B58-4ADA-8261-CAC64BEDC0C1.png

"Association Demands More"...ROTFLMAO!

I see they still ain't got the balls to sign their official correspondence.

WOW, look at the mediators schedule.
The two sides have 1 day to meet for the rest of the year. Even our negotiations had more meetings. Next year should be interesting. 3 days in January. 3 days in February. That should get a whole lot accomplished. At least the IAM pension and medical is safe for another year. Rest assured our 5 holidays and 1.5 OT multiplier is safe as well.

As long as you can also understand that yet another rally will change NOTHING. And as long as you can also understand that YOUR leaders gave up all leverage already and that the next offer will be worse. Are you going to pay us for the loss of pay?
Its people like you that inspire me to redouble my efforts to exit the association.

I'm sure the first meeting on Oct 30 is just a meet and greet. "Hi, how are ya, see ya next year"
WOW, look at the mediators schedule.
The two sides have 1 day to meet for the rest of the year. Even our negotiations had more meetings. Next year should be interesting. 3 days in January. 3 days in February. That should get a whole lot accomplished. At least the IAM pension and medical is safe for another year. Rest assured our 5 holidays and 1.5 OT multiplier is safe as well.
Last meeting is Feb 14. Does the Valentine Day’s Massacre ring a bell?

I seriously do not know what it is going to take to piss guys off and wake them up. I had to stop a guy from heading out to his airplane when the ramp was closed for severe weather. Warning lights and siren had sounded and he was just going on out to "get it done".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back