American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really cant believe this page is still going. Since the mediation put put us on ice we are hosed just like I said. Im not sure the nmb will even assign a mediator anytime soon with all the cutbacks. I told weez and Mr Baskett but they listened to lehive.

If I am the one that keeps visiting this subject, especially Delta, it is because either Delta is brought up by someone else or it is the main subject of the Doug Parker offer along with United.

That wasn't directed towards you (at least by me, anyway). I just copied his entire post. It's from an AA maintenance thread this past April.

BTW, to answer a question you did ask, there are roughly 6400 AMTs at DL, with another ~650-700 support mechanics.

the union wants you to have less. The company offered $120 million per year. United Airline director rejected that for you due to the pension.
Your fll gig is the reason why you support the association wanting us to have less.
i know you are lus and probably do not know but in 2003 twu alone gave up 625 mil per year even with the 2016 pay raise plus your 120 mil over united we are still not back at what we had. i still believe i am worth more and want the company to keep its word about the best contract in the industry including keeping usair medical cost and laa scope for m&r and lus scope for fleet

i know you are lus and probably do not know but in 2003 twu alone gave up 625 mil per year even with the 2016 pay raise plus your 120 mil over united we are still not back at what we had. i still believe i am worth more and want the company to keep its word about the best contract in the industry including keeping usair medical cost and laa scope for m&r and lus scope for fleet
i think we are worth more as well and that we deserve that, but we wont get what we deserve, we will get what we negotiate. Negotiations is all about leverage. In this context, our union mindlessly gave cross utilization as a "line item" with wages instead of being patient and making sure we didnt give the company its Holy want without a jcba.

So, now, the only leverage we have is the great economy but parker took that leverage by overing 10% more than united. It will only get worse from here.

Your only worth what the association says your worth. Until you understand this you are wishing for something not achievable. Remember when the TWU put title 2 in with fleet service locals? The TWU then felt you were a better fit with fleet. So if the TWU back then felt you were not worth being with the title 1 guys how do you think the association still thinks of title 2 guys?

Your only worth what the association says your worth. Until you understand this you are wishing for something not achievable. Remember when the TWU put title 2 in with fleet service locals? The TWU then felt you were a better fit with fleet. So if the TWU back then felt you were not worth being with the title 1 guys how do you think the association still thinks of title 2 guys?

Another stupid comment ONLY meant to propel your agenda. Make people think they are unwanted so they might want to find a new place to live.

Tell me who else in the Airline Industry represents more Facilities and Automotive Proffessionals than the TWU?

As a matter of fact what Airline has more of that work in house and represented outside of AA?

Another stupid comment ONLY meant to propel your agenda. Make people think they are unwanted so they might want to find a new place to live.

Tell me who else in the Airline Industry represents more Facilities and Automotive Proffessionals than the TWU?

As a matter of fact what Airline has more of that work in house and represented outside of AA?
I will say this Swaamt brags about how we kicked an Industrial union out and Got AMFA, well AMFA inherited a Teamsters contract with scope language the same since they took over in 2002 . With letters of agreements and extentions added. This was AMFA first full section 6. Which ended up in mediation and over 6 years without a successful ratified contract. If the mechanics at American Airlines get AMP they will still inherit a IAM/TWU contract with the same problems and the same language. Also facing the same management team, with the same mentality. Except you will all you mechanics, your dues will be paying the legal fees to fight Parker and company, good luck!

I will say this Swaamt brags about how we kicked an Industrial union out and Got AMFA, well AMFA inherited a Teamsters contract with scope language the same since they took over in 2002. With letters of agreements and extensions added. This was AMFA first full section 6. Which ended up in mediation and over 6 years without a successful ratified contract. If the mechanics at American Airlines get AMP they will still inherit an IAM/TWU contract with the same problems and the same language. Also facing the same management team, with the same mentality. Except you will all you mechanics, your dues will be paying the legal fees to fight Parker and company, good luck![/QUOTE]

However, the Mechanics will finally have a hold on their own destiny, without the Fleet Service, TWU, IAM, TWU International, Association and the AFL-CIO getting in the way.

I can understand why you are marginalized.
Gen what do you think the picketing will accomplish?Will it hasten the signing of a contract or cause the company to change their stance on some of the items?Maybe it's just letting them know we are still here

Gen what do you think the picketing will accomplish?Will it hasten the signing of a contract or cause the company to change their stance on some of the items?Maybe it's just letting them know we are still here

It won’t change a damn thing Al you know it ,I know it even he knows even if he doesn’t admit it.The public doesn’t give two chits about us other than to think we’re all over paid

Plus title 2 group wouldn’t sign amfa cards there part of the blame that we are still in this association.

Plus title 2 group wouldn’t sign amfa cards there part of the blame that we are still in this association.
There you go again i have signed an amfa card on every card drive please do yourself a favor and don't stereotype and i won't include you with the title 1 people that asked what they can get if they outsourced title 2 in the 2003 negotiations. that is why most title 2 will not sign cards because they know that you believe that you are better than we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back