American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crema are you kidding me here? AMR AA didn’t buy USAIRWAYS. Why in the world if I’m thinking what I think you’re thinking should former Piedmont people go below you and I?

And as far as Air Cal and Reno Air (Or TWA for that matter) not to put you down cause I like ya but those issues were around 185 years ago now.

Every Airline has tons of different Seniority issues in their respective histories. And it was and always will be impossible to please everyone when those things need to be sorted out.

Edit: Piedmont was absorbed by USAIRWAYS back in 1989.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piedmont_Airlines_(1948–89)

really, is this you or mike mays talking?

i never said that anyone from piedmont should go under me and you. where would you even consider that? i'm the bad guy, demanding to be #1, system-wide?? if anything, guys from aa get stapled underneath some of the 'new aa's' apparent founding fathers of piedmont airlines. so, america west is the betsy ross of the 'new aa'?? garbage.

is this the new twu and company HQ narrative that you will trumpet? "too bad, not everyone can be happy?" (except lus).

is it on page 3 of the twu PR handbook to make those with 2 seniorities look like malcontent babies who want to jump everyone?? an injustice to one is an injustice to all? who printed that on t-shirts?

i have said all along that when the seniorities of both airlines will get combined; some from lus will be allowed to keep seniority that others from laa won't be allowed to keep...seniority acquired the same way. that's the rub.

there is a huge difference in intra-aa seniority and inter-airline (aa-us air) seniority. i never made a peep here about the intra-aa seniority labyrinth..for 30 years. i lumped it, i understood, that was the deal with aa. others, with similar histories, not so much.

with the merger, no. sorry,

the twu dropped the ball when little rushed to form this association. that was the time...when the iam had to be in total shock that the twu was willing to share this 50-50.

it appears the iam and cwa go by DOH. if little suggested to the iam that the combined list go by DOH for both...all it would have taken was javits to rubber-stamp it and now who would have been the malcontent babies?

i have enough time not to worry. to me, some things are fair and others, unfair. this is a crock of $hit.

Last edited:

i never said that anyone from piedmont should go under me and you. where would you even consider that? i'm the bad guy, demanding to be #1, system-wide?? if anything, guys from aa get stapled underneath some of the 'new aa's' apparent founding fathers of piedmont airlines. so, america west is the betsy ross of the 'new aa'?? garbage.

is this the new twu and company HQ narrative that you will trumpet? "too bad, not everyone can be happy?" (except lus).

is it on page 3 of the twu PR handbook to make those with 2 seniorities look like malcontent babies who want to jump everyone?? an injustice to one is an injustice to all? who printed that on t-shirts?

i have said all along that when the seniorities of both airlines will get combined; some from lus will be allowed to keep seniority that others from laa won't be allowed to keep...seniority acquired the same way. that's the rub.

there is a huge difference in intra-aa seniority and inter-airline (aa-us air) seniority. i never made a peep here about the intra-aa seniority labyrinth..for 30 years. i lumped it, i understood, that was the deal with aa. others, with similar histories, not so much.

the twu dropped the ball when little rushed to form this association. that was the time...when the iam had to be in total shock that the twu was willing to share this 50-50.

it appears the iam and cwa go by DOH. if little suggested to the iam that the combined list go by DOH for both...all it would have taken was javits to rubber-stamp it and now who would have been the malcontent babies?

i have enough time not to worry. to me, some things are fair and others, unfair. this is a crock of $hit.

I think I might just add Seniority to the list of Religion and Politics as things that just shouldn’t be discussed at the dinner table.

Sorry no I didn’t know what you meant and again if I dwelled on all the chit that didn’t go my way in life I’d probably bash my head into a wall every night. My Mom died when I was only 33. Now that sucks.

DOH was used for tie breaking purposes on the LAA side...IAM having a DOH date in no way affects LAA...at LUS fleet uses classification seniority to bid vacations...which I personally agree is the right way to do it...

i didn't bash my head in because i accepted the intra-aa seniority nonsense, with title this and title that.

to me, when the merger happened, all that goes out the window. it didn't and i accept it.

it's still wrong and i'll always say that.

DOH was used for tie breaking purposes on the LAA side...IAM having a DOH date in no way affects LAA...at LUS fleet uses classification seniority to bid vacations...which I personally agree is the right way to do it...

laa uses age as a tie-breaker. look at the seniority list(s).

iam having DOH doesn't affect laa? ok. my DOH doesn't count and lus DOH will count between us when we comingle seniority? ok.

Forgot or conveniently left out.His inaccurate union leaning posts tire me to no end only thing worse is when he feels hes losing a debate and starts posting silly videos.KInd of like knocking over the chess board when you know you are going to lose or covering your ears when someone is talking to you other than that I love the Weez
true. But he does put up good videos. Im a big Jon Anderson fan as well as old genesis. He prolly likes carpet crawlers.

BTW Tim again and again and again and again and again and again I’m going to continue to remind you that we (TWU) are still in our BANKRUPTCY contract.

How long were you stuck in yours and how’s your DBP from the Company doing? Oh that’s right gone all the way back in 1992 and replaced at the time with NOTHING.

Didn’t you also start at Piedmont or something?

Tim Nelson and Delta Kevin I guess have mental recall issues on this word here?

View attachment 13649
bankrupt sucked. 2003 and again in 2005. The twu solidarity got us a solid contract in 14 and i did, and still do give Sito credit for the association, which benefitted lus and me.

i did, and still do give Sito credit for the association, which benefitted lus and me.

that's right, if was lus or piedmont or psa or alleghany, i'd be happy too.

i'm sure the twu would do a fantastic job protecting ralph kramden's brooklyn bus driving seniority...not so much so in the airline biz.

laa uses age as a tie-breaker. look at the seniority list(s).

iam having DOH doesn't affect laa? ok. my DOH doesn't count and lus DOH will count between us when we comingle seniority? ok.

Please re-read my post...it explains everything you just mentioned...this isn’t opinion, it’s fact...DOH was researched and disclosed on the LAA side...the only movement that DOH would allow is for a LAA to move ahead of a LUS...neither side was going to be reshuffled in any case...

Please re-read my post...it explains everything you just mentioned...this isn’t opinion, it’s fact...DOH was researched and disclosed on the LAA side...the only movement that DOH would allow is for a LAA to move ahead of a LUS...neither side was going to be reshuffled in any case...

it doesn't explain NOTHING i mentioned.

no clue what you are talking about. RIGHT NOW, intra-aa, DOH means dick for seniority. it goes by age, for same day tie-breakers.

if you are talking about javits, who cares?? i never mentioned javits, only mentioned him rubber-stamping something.

javits also said that us air is the george washington of the new aa and that america west is the betsy ross of the new aa. those airlines have roots in the new aa.

who cares about that?

it doesn't explain NOTHING i mentioned.

no clue what you are talking about. RIGHT NOW, intra-aa, DOH means dick for seniority. it goes by age, for same day tie-breakers.

if you are talking about javits, who cares?? i never mentioned javits, only mentioned him rubber-stamping something.

javits also said that us air is the george washington of the new aa and that america west is the betsy ross of the new aa. those airlines have roots in the new aa.

who cares about that?

You either didn’t read or can’t comprehend what I wrote...DOH was used as a tie breaker between LAA and LUS when combining the two seniority’s. DOH will never be used again on the LAA side...you are right that it means nothing now...it did mean something during the seniority committees sessions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back