American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Eva know our union executive team is trustworthy??
She doesn't. Somehow this was a decision made between the mediators and the exec cmte only. The nego cmte wasn't even informed until after they all arrived in SFO. That is what is BS!!!
Why weren't any of them informed prior to the trip? Why weren't at least a Pres from each local allowed in? The large group statement is still a cover up and BS.
Also take note of all the updates, none are detailed in any way shape or form. All say "progress". Hmmmm. I smell something fishy coming out.
Let me guess, the same "NEW" rules will be retained for the upcoming FLL meetings at end of Jan.? And will from here on out??? This is complete BS.
NONE I repeat, NONE of any of the groups in any other mediation were reduced from their regular nego cmte. Not Pilots, F/A's, mechanics ramp NONE.
Here we go again with a fast and final T/A coming rather quickly, make sure you guys read it all in detail.

I agree, but can’t believe everyone else is okay with being benched.
Not everyone is ok with being benched. Others have spoken up, but this thread is starting get busy as it will continue to get busier now with the latest move by the international and the mediators.
I am sure others will be here soon or at least by Monday.
I an agreement with all your statements Kev. The reg nego cmte was blindsided after their arrival in SFO and why is that?
I really do smell something fishy.

Are you hoping to antagonize me. Unlike you I don’t miss anything on these boards.

Do I need to start pressing the 7 years button on your talks?
Not antagonizing at all weez, this is just how you are and how you think. I was yet again simply answering another poster, confirming his guess and supplying my own as I too remembered. Sorry if it hurts your feelings but it's all true.
But don't worry now weez. It looks a if the Exec Cmte will now handle the secret nego's between the NMB and your asso international and they will come to an agreement very soon I am willing to bet...

I agree, but can’t believe everyone else is okay with being benched.

Obviously they’re not 100% AOK with being benched or else they wouldn’t be putting out updates that express that feeling.

Now of course absolutely each Negotiating Committee could elect a representative to sit in the talks and observe since it would be beyond ridiculous for all 24 individuals to pack the room. (Don’t you think?) but then you also express the optics to both the Membership, the Company and The Mediators that you don’t trust your own Union. And how would they choose anyway? Draw straws?

(Besides the Mediators also chucked out those observers over at SWA AMFA talks too did they not)

The updates also said including Dale’s that they are being fully briefed. As a matter of fact they’re being briefed throughout the day.

It should be pretty obvious by now that the TWU President’s out there aren’t hands tied in expressing their feelings and opinions so I’m 100% sure they would do so again if they felt in the end anyone wanted to railroad them into a deal they didn’t support.

Now I already have a general idea of the expected response here on Forums because it’s pretty much formulaic by now. Funny how the strongest negative voices come from 2 guys that don’t work at American Airlines, one of which isn’t even in a Union, and another guy who is a Dues objector who is blatantly part of those NRTW groups.

Reactions: 1986Mekanic
Yes. Observers were requested to remain out by the mediators until later on down the road. We don't agree with it, but, no other group out there has ever had observers at mediation and none have ever had observers at reg nego table either.
Weez, you really do gotta ask though. Why were they all blindsided and not told until arriving SFO? Why wasn't the membership informed prior to meetings happening??
The two statements from the lady mediator are just to confirm this was planned in advance. But, the international did not have trust their nego cmte or the members to inform them prior to the meetings as they new this will draw angerment.
This is the first time this has happened and why is it happening weez???
Your gonna get pissed again when it comes out. I think I have had to use this before on you several times; "I told you so"...
BTW we will see how the mechanics feel after they find out. Pretty sure they will chime in. This has happened to them too many times in the past with the TWU now it's with this new asso.

Yes. Observers were requested to remain out by the mediators until later on down the road. We don't agree with it, but, no other group out there has ever had observers at mediation and none have ever had observers at reg nego table either.
Weez, you really do gotta ask though. Why were they all blindsided and not told until arriving SFO? Why wasn't the membership informed prior to meetings happening??
The two statements from the lady mediator are just to confirm this was planned in advance. But, the international did not have trust their nego cmte or the members to inform them prior to the meetings as they new this will draw angerment.
This is the first time this has happened and why is it happening weez???
Your gonna get pissed again when it comes out. I think I have had to use this before on you several times; "I told you so"...
BTW we will see how the mechanics feel after they find out. Pretty sure they will chime in. This has happened to them too many times in the past with the TWU now it's with this new asso.

Whatever I respond to you is ignored anyway so I don’t see the point. (No question mark)

I really don’t want to play this game with you anymore Sir. Seriously good luck in your own Negotiations. Maybe some day you’ll also get a deal? (Question mark)

Good Luck and all the best.

“When the mediator’s introduced themselves Eva Durham stated “you can’t get a deal done in large groups”, she also went on to say we need to trust the executive committee; James Mackenzie spoke about patience in the process as well as having trust in the executive committee”

Rollie Reaves
TWU Local 567 President
So a serious question for you. From your repost above, are you in agreement with what was just pulled at the nego table? If so, Why? Why hasn't any reasoning from the Exec Cmte been given-even in their very own update of why this has happened? Don't tell me because the mediator said no large group could come to an agreement. You know good and well she was put up to saying this to TRY and relieve all pressure from the international pulling this stunt.
Trust me weez. If this stunt was pulled here with us and AMFA's reg nego. cmte was removed from nego's as well as pres of each locals, AMFA would no longer be. Period. You know this is a huge deal, your just trying to keep it low key before the storm comes and I will wish you luck with that...Pathetic what just happened.

Whatever I respond to you is ignored anyway so I don’t see the point. (No question mark)

I really don’t want to play this game with you anymore Sir. Seriously good luck in your own Negotiations. Maybe some day you’ll also get a deal? (Question mark)

Good Luck and all the best.
Holly crap! I agreed with your statement and you blow it off. Wow! But your still gonna deny that there is more to all this I see.
Can run from this one weez, it's too big. Good luck with it though...

Holly crap! I agreed with your statement and you blow it off. Wow! But your still gonna deny that there is more to all this I see.
Can run from this one weez, it's too big. Good luck with it though...

Have a very very nice peaceful weekend.

God Bless you.

Have a very very nice peaceful weekend.

God Bless you.
Thank you I will and you do the same. Too hard to get out of this one. Let your handlers handle this one. Pretty sure we will be hearing more by next week.
See ya...

Thank you I will and you do the same. Too hard to get out of this one. Let your handlers handle this one. Pretty sure we will be hearing more by next week.
See ya...

Yep too hard to get out of this one for me.

God Bless you again.

176A8958-4C36-4B62-B1B1-314D5658AB70.jpeg

Obviously they’re not 100% AOK with being benched or else they wouldn’t be putting out updates that express that feeling.

Now of course absolutely each Negotiating Committee could elect a representative to sit in the talks and observe since it would be beyond ridiculous for all 24 individuals to pack the room. (Don’t you think?) but then you also express the optics to both the Membership, the Company and The Mediators that you don’t trust your own Union. And how would they choose anyway? Draw straws?

(Besides the Mediators also chucked out those observers over at SWA AMFA talks too did they not)

The updates also said including Dale’s that they are being fully briefed. As a matter of fact they’re being briefed throughout the day.

It should be pretty obvious by now that the TWU President’s out there aren’t hands tied in expressing their feelings and opinions so I’m 100% sure they would do so again if they felt in the end anyone wanted to railroad them into a deal they didn’t support.

Now I already have a general idea of the expected response here on Forums because it’s pretty much formulaic by now. Funny how the strongest negative voices come from 2 guys that don’t work at American Airlines, one of which isn’t even in a Union, and another guy who is a Dues objector who is blatantly part of those NRTW groups.
Weez, this isn't about me. You are sounding a lot like Pelosi now. Are you in this country?
The reality is that the only 2 people in negotiations that matter are a United Airline Board of Director, and a Delta Airline employee who is NOT a union member. In fact, neither him or Sito work for any union airline. If you are fine with those 2 individuals and lil Richie (Sito's Son) being on the negotiation executive team but ok to refuse to allow even 1 elected TWU Local President then I think your opinion is in the far less popular one. What's the fuss about having 1 or 5 TWU Local Presidents in the actual room to monitor or at least observe? Tom Reagan and Klima don't brief the TWU Local presidents on everything. But you know that, right?

Reactions: swamt
Now of course absolutely each Negotiating Committee could elect a representative to sit in the talks and observe since it would be beyond ridiculous for all 24 individuals to pack the room. (Don’t you think?)

Not ridiculous at all. It's what they should be doing. And ideally, besides those 24, there would be a whole bunch of your rank-and-file coworkers there as well. Try and imagine how the power dynamic would shift it that's what happened.

There's no excuse for this. Stop trying to make excuses for it.

Weez, this isn't about me. You are sounding a lot like Pelosi now. Are you in this country?
The reality is that the only 2 people in negotiations that matter are a United Airline Board of Director, and a Delta Airline employee who is NOT a union member. In fact, neither him or Sito work for any union airline. If you are fine with those 2 individuals and lil Richie (Sito's Son) being on the negotiation executive team but ok to refuse to allow even 1 elected TWU Local President then I think your opinion is in the far less popular one. What's the fuss about having 1 or 5 TWU Local Presidents in the actual room to monitor or at least observe? Tom Reagan and Klima don't brief the TWU Local presidents on everything. But you know that, right?

Not ridiculous at all. It's what they should be doing. And ideally, besides those 24, there would be a whole bunch of your rank-and-file coworkers there as well. Try and imagine how the power dynamic would shift it that's what happened.

There's no excuse for this. Stop trying to make excuses for it.

Just like I said before. The Dues objector and the non Union guy from another airline post 9 minutes apart from each other.

God Bless you both. Have a nice warm weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.