American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
“When the mediator’s introduced themselves Eva Durham stated “you can’t get a deal done in large groups”, she also went on to say we need to trust the executive committee; James Mackenzie spoke about patience in the process as well as having trust in the executive committee”

Rollie Reaves
TWU Local 567 President

"The Association has hampered the Local Presidents ability to do their jobs"

Dale

Just to be transparent, both negative and positive remarks/comments shall be included.

“When the mediator’s introduced themselves Eva Durham stated “you can’t get a deal done in large groups”, she also went on to say we need to trust the executive committee; James Mackenzie spoke about patience in the process as well as having trust in the executive committee”

Rollie Reaves
TWU Local 567 President
How does Eva know our union executive team is trustworthy??

Message from President Danker TWU Local 514

All,
Wanted to give you a quick update.
The negotiating team is not in the room with the mediators.
We are in a big room where we are receiving updates to what is happening. At the end of business Tuesday Klima, Peterson and Reagan gave us a detailed review of the financial positions and what delta plus means as of today’s date including Delta’s profit sharing plan.

On Wednesday the update was reviewing all healthcare positions as well as meeting both mediators. We went around the room and introduced ourselves. When it got to me I stood up, said my name and that I get paid a nice salary to represent the interest of 4200 people in Tulsa, TWU local 514. I told them it’s a tough thing for me not to be aloud to do my job. I said we should be aloud in the room so we can observe the proceedings. After everyone else finished Eva Durham, one of the mediators spoke directly to us telling me “she understands it’s frustrating but you can’t get a deal done in large groups”.

Today we are told we should get a review from the company’s positions on healthcare. The Association has hampered the Local Presidents ability to do their jobs but Rollie, Gary S. and I are committed to work as closely as possible with each other and the executive committee to get the best deal possible for our members.

Dale
It shouldn't take long for these mediators to figure out there is a real lack of trust with this situation. That along with the arrangement being very strange. All they have to do is look at the details all involved are working under to see this is a cluster fk.

Rollie Reaves
TWU Local 567 President
full of chit. Twu prez should make sure 1 of them are in. The mediator wants peace so they will blow smoke up to support klima. But the twu prez need to step up and make sure at least 1 is in the room.

Weez Im more interested to see how your inside scoop pans out this time, soon very soon you might have to question your source
Yup. I remember two of them being by end of summer, and then by end of year or maybe X-mas as Tim stated. He has missed every single time and he still uses the same source? I hope not.

He flipped you off and you wish him the best Got to get your priorities straight or are you trying to get under his skin?The rumor of a Feb contract is a buzz here and now at EWR are you hearing anything I think its absurd
Did you mean a vote by Feb.? Even if a T/A came in Jan there's no way to have a contract in Feb. not even sure if a vote could be done by then, won't there be road shows and info meetings out the ying-yang??

Yup. I remember two of them being by end of summer, and then by end of year or maybe X-mas as Tim stated. He has missed every single time and he still uses the same source? I hope not.

Are you hoping to antagonize me. Unlike you I don’t miss anything on these boards.

Do I need to start pressing the 7 years button on your talks?

Message from President Danker TWU Local 514

All,
Wanted to give you a quick update.
The negotiating team is not in the room with the mediators.
We are in a big room where we are receiving updates to what is happening. At the end of business Tuesday Klima, Peterson and Reagan gave us a detailed review of the financial positions and what delta plus means as of today’s date including Delta’s profit sharing plan.

On Wednesday the update was reviewing all healthcare positions as well as meeting both mediators. We went around the room and introduced ourselves. When it got to me I stood up, said my name and that I get paid a nice salary to represent the interest of 4200 people in Tulsa, TWU local 514. I told them it’s a tough thing for me not to be aloud to do my job. I said we should be aloud in the room so we can observe the proceedings. After everyone else finished Eva Durham, one of the mediators spoke directly to us telling me “she understands it’s frustrating but you can’t get a deal done in large groups”.

Today we are told we should get a review from the company’s positions on healthcare. The Association has hampered the Local Presidents ability to do their jobs but Rollie, Gary S. and I are committed to work as closely as possible with each other and the executive committee to get the best deal possible for our members.

Dale

I like this Danker dude very candid not going with the union flow not only that he's right

Guess hes concerned the negotiation team isnt being permitted to.negotiate

Id like to see actual AA employees negotiate. I still believe these union guys do whats best for the union first, us second

she could care less
So only the Exec Team from the international is in there? Why is that? Why is NONE of the regular nego's allowed in?
Her claim that no agreement can be done in large groups is a crock of shite. All of our unions has done it for many years in the past. She's just intimidated by the size of the group is all, she is weak. I think you all should be concerned.
I did like the fact that he spoke up and said his concerns to the mediator, but I got a feeling it was planned. I will wait for the next update, but I bet you guys will see some changes you will not like now that it's the company, the international execs, and the mediators only at the table and this concerns me a great deal. I hope this is not the start of secret deals being made behind closed doors again.
You guys should be demanding your nego's back in. Screw what that mediator said, her statement alone sounds fishy to me. Here we go again...

Status
Not open for further replies.