American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does envoy work mainline flights at all?? if they do it sounds like your breaking bread with someone who could very well take your job.Go ahead and cooperate and make it easy for the transition.Would you sign up and train them too?Do you know how many jobs we lost over the years cause people like you

Al it’s hard to not place you on that ignore list that I’ve actually been paying attention to finally the last 2 days. I learned the trick is to make sure I sign in before reading anything here and try not to log out. I’m not having any problems not hitting that show ignore list and I’ve told 700 not to tell me what anyone on my list has said either. Very calming effect actually.

Now no they don’t work any Mainline in any city that’s TWU Mainline staffed. Frankly I’d like to see TWU Envoy out of all the Hubs but their “people” folded over to work with us.

K
Al it’s hard to not place you on that ignore list that I’ve actually been paying attention to finally the last 2 days. I learned the trick is to make sure I sign in before reading anything here and try not to log out. I’m not having any problems not hitting that show ignore list and I’ve told 700 not to tell me what anyone on my list has said either. Very calming effect actually.

Now no they don’t work any Mainline in any city that’s TWU Mainline staffed. Frankly I’d like to see TWU Envoy out of all the Hubs but their “people” folded over to work with us.
Keep it up a soon enough it will be just you and 700 corresponding you could give each other greens and winners all day long

Staying on the topic Al just brought up. These are the 8 Cities that TWU Represented AE (Envoy) operates in.

90712CE9-9D23-4EBE-89B0-08C2F68C22C7.png

Staying on the topic Al just brought up. These are the 8 Cities that TWU Represented AE (Envoy) operates in.

View attachment 14178
The union will make no effort to convert to mainline cause they are already collecting dues from Envoy.A coflict of interest. Would the TWU have given up AMT push backs to fleet if they werent going to get the dues anyway?? I think not, again a conflict of interest.Ill bet we'll be riding brakes systemwide next contract

The union will make no effort to convert to mainline cause they are already collecting dues from Envoy.A coflict of interest. Would the TWU have given up AMT push backs to fleet if they werent going to get the dues anyway?? I think not again a conflict of interest.Ill bet we'll be riding brakes systemwide next contract
its all about $$$ dues$$$
We will settle prior to envoy. Envoy will bag all the additional work. Mike Klem told me that this was a business and delaney was his boss.

The union will make no effort to convert to mainline cause they are already collecting dues from Envoy.A coflict of interest. Would the TWU have given up AMT push backs to fleet if they werent going to get the dues anyway?? I think not, again a conflict of interest.Ill bet we'll be riding brakes systemwide next contract

Envoy dues collection is half what the Mainline worker contributes so your comment is economically simple. Now of course bringing the commuter work over to us would create a few redundancies, overall our headcount would increase some.

There would need to be agreements made on the TWU AE side too of course but there wouldn’t be much of an argument I’m sure.

Envoy dues collection is half what the Mainline worker contributes so your comment is economically simple. Now of course bringing the commuter work over to us would create a few redundancies, overall our headcount would increase some.

There would need to be agreements made on the TWU AE side too of course but there wouldn’t be much of an argument I’m sure.
So weez manline work isnt performed by one of our subsidiaries in any station ?? Cause i know mainline TWU is in only what 17 stations or is it 14

So weez manline work isnt performed by one of our subsidiaries in any station ?? Cause i know mainline TWU is in only what 17 stations or is it 14

Of course Al. Let’s try not to converse stupidly again shall we. And if it were up to me we (The Association) would pick up every single station that both a Mainline and a wholly owned subsidiary flys to for us to work.

Of course giving the “people” who are currently performing that work a chance to remain employed along with us. (You and I having first choice)

But isn’t it argumentative then what the comparisons are to Delta if they’re actively seeking MRO work and have that Engine Test Facility?

Don’t get me wrong. AA Management has the right not to want to seek out any opportunities for work outside just running the Airline and bringing in all that added revenue.

But it also makes me feel now that AA will always be the laggard of the Industry by comparisons. (K-Mart/Sears)
In all fairness, the old AA had the opportunities and resources and facilities to make a killer MRO and Engine powerhouse. They weren't interested then, and the new regime certainly has no interest.

In all fairness, the old AA had the opportunities and resources and facilities to make a killer MRO and Engine powerhouse. They weren't interested then, and the new regime certainly has no interest.

The old regime purposely set it up for failure. And I don’t think the new regime has a clue how to do it even if they wanted to.

I was graciously invited yesterday to come down and share a TWU Local paid Employee Appreciation day meal with the Envoy group. I accepted that invitation wholeheartedly.

Those “people” are not ilk. They are people just like you and I who filled out an application and accepted a job.

I have and always will support a “flow through” agreement that lets these people get out of the muck. Something the Company doesn’t want them to have because they prefer keeping those people chained to poverty wages.

i disagree. the flow-through is great on paper, just doesn't work out for anyone, seniority-wise.

as far as envoy. yes, some good people there, including the poster from iah. to many here, including myself, they might as well be swissport. we lost the city pairs and jobs. ord had 1,800+ F/T in 2000. now, about 850 total, ramp and freight.

all replaced by eagle/envoy.

they are our replacements. i was told that over 20 years ago and that person was prophetic.

i know you are in mia and mia is the 'new' ord in terms of manpower. to be honest, with better weather there, i'm surprised aa didn't focus on mia for eagle/envoy. just high winds cancel the powerhouse envoy flights.

i understand that higher wages equal more dues, but, envoy now has more employees in ord than aa itself. sad times.

i'm glad you have a great relationship with them in mia. here in ord, they have segregated the parking lots & split the buses for the most part...and in the intl. terminal, envoy was told not to come into the aa ready rooms. the union here stood up for a few aa guys who had a problem with envoy employees.

aa mngt. backed the aa twu members and aa had to pay the city to get envoy a tiny home of their own.

if the eagle/envoy tidal wave came to mia, you and others would be singing a different song.

i disagree. the flow-through is great on paper, just doesn't work out for anyone, seniority-wise.

as far as envoy. yes, some good people there, including the poster from iah. to many here, including myself, they might as well be swissport. we lost the city pairs and jobs. ord had 1,800+ F/T in 2000. now, about 850 total, ramp and freight.

they are our replacements. i was told that over 20 years ago and that person was prophetic.

i know you are in mia and mia is the 'new' ord in terms of manpower. to be honest, with better weather there, i'm surprised aa didn't focus on mia for eagle/envoy. just high winds cancel the powerhouse envoy flights.

i understand that higher wages equal more dues, but, envoy now has more employees in ord than aa itself. sad times.

i'm glad you have a great relationship with them in mia. here in ord, they have segregated the parking lots & split the buses for the most part...and in the intl. terminal, envoy was told not to come into the aa ready rooms. the union here stood up for a few aa guys who had a problem with envoy employees.

aa mngt. backed the aa twu members and aa had to pay the city to get envoy a tiny home of their own.

if the eagle/envoy tidal wave came to mia, you and others would be singing a different song.

Again why some type of flow through creates a solution of some type against any tide that people feel may be washing over them. I always use the term “creative solutions” because too many people out there are insular thinkers and not thinking outside the box is what causes some of us our own headaches. IE: My support of Geo or Local Market pay scales.

I don’t know who has a great relationship with them here in MIA Crema. All I know was that a friend asked me to break bread with him and I was glad to do so.

And Juan told me the story you guys had there with Envoy and your breakrooms. Space is limited here in MIA as well and sometimes there’s a little commingling with the subcontractors in certain areas. I “try” to be as sympathetic as I can. And in your situation though yes I’m sure I’d feel a bit overrun and have my kindness tested.

It's easy to get complacent when you're in a hub...

...Until it gets pulled down...

In my line station, we have Envoy next to us on one side, DGS on the other, and Quik Flight after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts