American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will never get a contract as long as we are separate union. Doug and the AA boys are laughing at us. I can understand why! This association is the most dysfunctional union I have ever been in.
Completely agree Matt. I have said this since they announced these two unions would merge. It is a fiasco. Too much finger pointing and infighting along with too much changes with who is at the controls going back and forth.
I do not agree with Tim saying you guys will get to vote soon, the way these nego's are going you guys are headed down the exact same road we did for some time as AA is playing the exact same playbook at the table and also using mediation as their main tool.

I have to partially wonder if one of the reasons AA wants the ability to outsource is because they don’t believe they can fill the demand here in the US with less kids seeking out skilled trades?

IMO AA should look to set up a program like they’ve implemented for Pilots to entice FSC’s to take the courses and become AMT’s. We have tons of kids here on the Ramp in MIA now that I’m sure would join up if they could just be guaranteed some economic assistance and maybe a little encouragement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/03/airlines-search-for-young-mechanics-as-retirement-wave-looms.html
ok. i don't sit in on the talks and don't know what the main focus is.

if the issue of too many AMTs is dragging the company down, it's amazing aa earned $2.9 billion pre-tax last year...and, aa has publicly stated they will earn substantially more than that in 2019.

I should have elaborated my post. My point is that on several town halls where the contract topic was discussed, we were reminded over and over about the mechanic headcount compared to DL. I wonder what the numbers are for every other work group compared to DL. Including management at all levels.

Last edited:
I have to partially wonder if one of the reasons AA wants the ability to outsource is because they don’t believe they can fill the demand here in the US with less kids seeking out skilled trades?

IMO AA should look to set up a program like they’ve implemented for Pilots to entice FSC’s to take the courses and become AMT’s. We have tons of kids here on the Ramp in MIA now that I’m sure would join up if they could just be guaranteed some economic assistance and maybe a little encouragement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/03/airlines-search-for-young-mechanics-as-retirement-wave-looms.html
WeAAz, I wish that were the case. I think that AA just wants what the rest of the industry has in terms of scope.

WeAAz, I wish that were the case. I think that AA just wants what the rest of the industry has in terms of scope.

But isn’t it argumentative then what the comparisons are to Delta if they’re actively seeking MRO work and have that Engine Test Facility?

Don’t get me wrong. AA Management has the right not to want to seek out any opportunities for work outside just running the Airline and bringing in all that added revenue.

But it also makes me feel now that AA will always be the laggard of the Industry by comparisons. (K-Mart/Sears)

BTW Metal this is how AA tries to get us excited around here. Stupid winners cups that they really think any of us give a crap about.

C8A80718-8ABE-4A1B-A3D4-4D85E669D58A.jpeg

And let’s not forget about the exhilarating new Uniform Road show. Woo Hoo.

ok. i don't sit in on the talks and don't know what the main focus is.

if the issue of too many AMTs is dragging the company down, it's amazing aa earned $2.9 billion pre-tax last year...and, aa has publicly stated they will earn substantially more than that in 2019.
Nobody has to sit in talks to realize that the company wants less headcount than it currently has, but more headcount than any other airline.
In context, the company last offer is a goodie.

The mgmt clowns do not need to reduce head count .If they need then they need to cut out the pork..mgmt wise . Every week there a new mgmt clown or two .Why need more clowns than employees?

I should have elaborated my post. My point is that on several town halls where the contract topic was discussed, we were reminded over and over about the mechanic headcount compared to DL. I wonder what the numbers are for every other work group compared to DL. Including management at all levels.

from an AMT or any other title angle..as soon as they bring up numbers at delta & ua...i'd bring up profit sharing formulas and the fact that ua works it's RJs in it's hubs.

so the company can only decide what to compare between us and other airlines?

i don't know what the numbers are. the ratio of AMTs between us and dl or us and ua.

in this time of historic profits, it's amazing the company wants us to pay for things we had and give us fractions of what we want.

imagine if this was 1990-1992 or 2001-2002...would they lay off 50% and close the doors?? aa negotiates as if it were those times.

Nobody has to sit in talks to realize that the company wants less headcount than it currently has, but more headcount than any other airline.
In context, the company last offer is a goodie.

the company is increasing headcount...envoy and their ilk. they think so much of them they give them profit sharing and just offered envoy passenger service a 7 year deal that they rejected?

no FSC made a decision to double down on RJ service only to get lambasted by airline analysts for; not generating enough revenue, fuel inefficiency and the horrible customer service (MBR, reliability and dependability) that stains the aa brand.

no wonder we are #3 out of the legacy 3??

aa did that in the early 90s...here in ord, they had a school at midway, i believe. lasted a bit, then shut down. they called it FGU

fools gold university

you'd think that people leaving the military or mechanics working for some of the lessor airlines/mechanics that work for small companies that intl. airlines use...plenty of candidates.

Take a peek at ASOM. TULE has more 737 issues coming thru there. Look at the BOW "Maintenance eval". Saw some pics of another 737 with overhead bin issues, over 900 write ups. Sounds as if it is from the same vendor in PAE. If true, that vendor will probably br dropped at the very least.

the company is increasing headcount...envoy and their ilk. they think so much of them they give them profit sharing and just offered envoy passenger service a 7 year deal that they rejected?

no FSC made a decision to double down on RJ service only to get lambasted by airline analysts for; not generating enough revenue, fuel inefficiency and the horrible customer service (MBR, reliability and dependability) that stains the aa brand.

no wonder we are #3 out of the legacy 3??

I was graciously invited yesterday to come down and share a TWU Local paid Employee Appreciation day meal with the Envoy group. I accepted that invitation wholeheartedly.

Those “people” are not ilk. They are people just like you and I who filled out an application and accepted a job.

I have and always will support a “flow through” agreement that lets these people get out of the muck. Something the Company doesn’t want them to have because they prefer keeping those people chained to poverty wages.

from an AMT or any other title angle..as soon as they bring up numbers at delta & ua...i'd bring up profit sharing formulas and the fact that ua works it's RJs in it's hubs.

DL works RJs in almost every hub as well.

For the AMTs, they might also want to mention that DL has opened (or reopened) multiple line stations over the past few years, built a test cell for 777 engines, and co rubies to grow it’s MRO business.

so the company can only decide what to compare between us and other airlines?

Only if the union continues to allow it.

I was graciously invited yesterday to come down and share a TWU Local paid Employee Appreciation day meal with the Envoy group. I accepted that invitation wholeheartedly.

Those “people” are not ilk. They are people just like you and I who filled out an application and accepted a job.

I have and always will support a “flow through” agreement that lets these people get out of the muck. Something the Company doesn’t want them to have because they prefer keeping those people chained to poverty wages.
Does envoy work mainline flights at all?? if they do it sounds like your breaking bread with someone who could very well take your job.Go ahead and cooperate and make it easy for the transition.Would you sign up and train them too?Do you know how many jobs we lost over the years cause people like you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back