American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current negotiations are worthless. The company is stalling and complete waste of our unions time and money. Enough brother and sisters! Park the aircraft and slow down at work. No road trips or OT. Parker could careless about you and your families. I’ve known Doug for 30 years and he is full of crap. Isom should be selling cars at a used car lot. Best BS artist. Wake up unio members!!!!!
Company stall? Really?
You refuse to understand leverage and accountability and ascribe any responsibility to the union's decision to stab u in the back and cash in all your chips for wages only. Of course, dues are based on wages.
How about you paying attention and holding your union accountable for its dirty deeds.

Weasy, I am not a fan of Jim Little fan he gave us this Botched Abortion of an ASSociation.

TWU has no leaders and the one in places of leadership SUCK.

So tell me how you felt about the people who used to be in there not counting Jim Little then?

BTW I’m sorry that you’ve reached the point in your career where apparently you just want to cash out now.

I just don’t think your philosophy is shared by the guys in there today.

yes..some of these people. former envoy or working dairy queen one day, aa supervisor the next day. an american success story.

some are coasting. i was on a crew that worked iberia and the former envoy employee who became an aa supervisor, didn't know that iberia flew an airbus.

it says it right on the fuselage. a waste of $55k and benefits a year.

another supervisor seems more interested in giving rides across to female ticket agents than spending time in his actual work area he had to supervise.

ridiculous stuff. i've never seen aa this bad, operationally.
Management directing the workforce would be a disaster. Very unwise. From what I've seen from upper management, bad ideas with the operation seem common place. I don't keep track of who is in upper mgmt, but am wondering who is the VP operations now ?

Management directing the workforce would be a disaster. Very unwise. From what I've seen from upper management, bad ideas with the operation seem common place. I don't keep track of who is in upper mgmt, but am wondering who is the VP operations now ?

Idk about the fleet side but in maintenance whenever management "directs" or gives job assignments. We make tons of cash in OT! I remember when AFW was around a certain manager directed seats to be loaded. He was told the aircraft was not ready, the floorboards were not all in. He didn't listen and insisted the seats be installed. Needless to say he soon figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
So NOW the IAM is calling for info picketing at AA? Hmmmm. Very interesting. How will the TWU side respond?? When the TWU called for the IAM to join them in their info picketing, the IAM never showed, so this will get interesting to say the least.
We will never get a contract as long as we are separate union. Doug and the AA boys are laughing at us. I can understand why! This association is the most dysfunctional union I have ever been in.

We will never get a contract as long as we are separate union. Doug and the AA boys are laughing at us. I can understand why! This association is the most dysfunctional union I have ever been in.
you will be voting soon. The association backed themselves in a corner. Its not as bad as the Association is saying though. The company offered a leading industry contract that doesnt contract out all the work that the association is saying. The association just wants credit, thus it has to tell everyone they are losing the bagrooms and running, in order to say "we secured your jobs".
Its politics but they are playing with our money. As long as they step aside and let us vote then weez and his handlers can keep saying whatever anti worker thing they want but if they are still robbing us then im gonna hold them and other idiots accountable.

yeah, good question. to be fair, someone at the top of operations working out of a suite at HQ...how can they improve day-to-day operations at the hubs.

one thing is, whoever it is, doesn't convey a sense of urgency to their subordinates that filters down to ramp level. just too many coasting.

25 years ago in the very same work area, we had 1 supervisor for more FSCs and same amount of flights (way more connecting pax on those flights 25 years ago)...and that guy handled everyone's attendance too.

maybe we are the airline that got too big. HQ can't get their arms around this stuff at the low level mngt. level.

yeah, good question. to be fair, someone at the top of operations working out of a suite at HQ...how can they improve day-to-day operations at the hubs.

one thing is, whoever it is, doesn't convey a sense of urgency to their subordinates that filters down to ramp level. just too many coasting.

25 years ago in the very same work area, we had 1 supervisor for more FSCs and same amount of flights (way more connecting pax on those flights 25 years ago)...and that guy handled everyone's attendance too.

maybe we are the airline that got too big. HQ can't get their arms around this stuff at the low level mngt. level.
The main focus lately has been how many more mechanics we have than DL.

ok. i don't sit in on the talks and don't know what the main focus is.

if the issue of too many AMTs is dragging the company down, it's amazing aa earned $2.9 billion pre-tax last year...and, aa has publicly stated they will earn substantially more than that in 2019.

ok. i don't sit in on the talks and don't know what the main focus is.

if the issue of too many AMTs is dragging the company down, it's amazing aa earned $2.9 billion pre-tax last year...and, aa has publicly stated they will earn substantially more than that in 2019.

American Management claims it needs or wants to be “in line” with their competitors particularly in the area of Maintenance and Related but they’re FOS.

This item alone is what convinced me that no this Management team really doesn’t know how to run a business the size of the one they have their hands on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...est-cell-for-growing-mainenance-business.html

For Labors part it should always be looking to grow if the opportunity and economics exist. It’s just laughable that Delta is doing it without even needing to partner with their workforce.

Sadly AA has lost its edge and is no longer an innovator and it doesn’t even seem like Management wants to try and change that perception.

Idk about the fleet side but in maintenance whenever management "directs" or gives job assignments. We make tons of cash in OT! I remember when AFW was around a certain manager directed seats to be loaded. He was told the aircraft was not ready, the floorboards were not all in. He didn't listen and insisted the seats be installed. Needless to say he soon figured it out.

On the TWU side we have it in our Contract that they can’t physically direct the workforce. Of course sometimes it’s a fine line since Management does make up the bid and that’s directing the workforce. That’s an area in itself that systemwide they’re constantly making mistakes when they try to do it on their own.

Here in MIA for example our latest bid has been cancelled twice and rumor has it that it may happen one more time. They’re not exactly sure where to place all the pieces of the puzzle and they’re not reaching out to us for help.

In the past when they have worked with us they didn’t have the bid problems they’re having now.

Today’s AA Management does not want to have a cooperative working relationship with their workforce. They certainly pretend they do all over the place though.

I have to partially wonder if one of the reasons AA wants the ability to outsource is because they don’t believe they can fill the demand here in the US with less kids seeking out skilled trades?

IMO AA should look to set up a program like they’ve implemented for Pilots to entice FSC’s to take the courses and become AMT’s. We have tons of kids here on the Ramp in MIA now that I’m sure would join up if they could just be guaranteed some economic assistance and maybe a little encouragement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/03/airlines-search-for-young-mechanics-as-retirement-wave-looms.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back