Are you pro-union?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not to my knowledge. I have heard this as well, but only on the "no way AFA" Facebook page. None of my friends in MSP or DTW (including one who is assigned DL flights) has seen any of this.

The truth is, with as many "eyes" as there are on the hubs, if there was even so much of a *hint* of a slowdown, the company would already be in court seeking TRO's or an injunction. On top of that, any ramper with in 5 gates of DL's would be hauled in for a Q & A with management.

We do in DTW & MSP (below wing) .... Not 100% sure about MEM.

Thanks...Your idea is very good about the recall . I will pass it on my friends that work the NW flts. They are beside themselves over all the problems. Only a few agents have been trained on the NW system and they are getting burned out.

Now this I *have* heard (on both sides). This seems like a more plausible theory. My guess is that trying to acquaint themselves with each carrier's systems is causing a lot of headaches.

That's certainly possible. I can see why the IAM would not want to endorse sending employees to train another company (yes, I know we're all one now, but still...) to perform covered work. On the other hand, if someone *really* wanted to go on a special assignment, there's nothing that would stop them. Maybe they couldn't find any volunteers?

If I ruled the world, the ideal solution would be to let any former NW agents that were displaced recall back into SLC (and CVG, for that matter) ahead of SOC. You could "firewall" them to the NW operation until other agents got up to speed.

Thanks...I will pass on to my Friends your suggestion about the recalled agents. They are besides themselves with all the problems and pressure.

Look at the poll. Only 40 actually cared enough to vote and almost half of them said no. Give it up.
I know USAviation.com is a great website and message board, but "give up"???? LOL I did'nt know that this board is the new "Gallup" , "Quinnipiac", or "USA Today poll."

Give it up? Why should we give up, the elections are coming, I'm going to vote for the IAM. The IAM and AFA will be joing ALPA and PAFCA.

The unions organizing now will win.....it's inevitable, get used to it. And if your not in the union, read what Prof. Gary Chaison of Clark University wrote a few months ago.

“You don’t want to be the one group that’s not unionized because the wage increases and work rules that go for the unionized group will be taken from the nonunion group,â€￾ said Gary Chaison, professor of labor relations at Clark University.

YOU NOW WORK FOR D.I.N.O. AirLines......... "DELTA IN NAME ONLY"

Give it up? Why should we give up, the elections are coming, I'm going to vote for
exactly.

why should someone give up their views on representation or non-representation?

either way people are going to have to work together, so its probably just best for those who insinuate to give up should simply understand that majority rules, and whatever the outcome may be, will in fact be the majority decision for the group.

the election is probably going right down the middle so as long as people come to terms and even if their view does not become the reality with the vote, it will be important to be forward focused on working together as a team.

give up = a quitter..

(its not going to happen regardless of an opinion either way...)

YOU NOW WORK FOR D.I.N.O. AirLines......... "DELTA IN NAME ONLY"
you know, none of us know that for a fact unless they do something that would prove they arent being fair to all going forward or they do not respect the tradition, 80 years working together regardless of the results of the vote.

JMO.

exactly.

why should someone give up their views on representation or non-representation?

either way people are going to have to work together, so its probably just best for those who insinuate to give up should simply understand that majority rules, and whatever the outcome may be, will in fact be the majority decision for the group.

the election is probably going right down the middle so as long as people come to terms and even if their view does not become the reality with the vote, it will be important to be forward focused on working together as a team.

give up = a quitter..

(its not going to happen regardless of an opinion either way...)

you know, none of us know that for a fact unless they do something that would prove they arent being fair to all going forward or they do not respect the tradition, 80 years working together regardless of the results of the vote.

JMO.
I heard that D.I.N.O. remark from some Delta F/A's......

Still pro-union and support the right to organize. But choose your union carefully. Since furloughing out of Delta at the end of 04, I've been in two unions. One was good. The reps worked side by side with us. No office, no cushy union jobs. They were right there beside us working just as hard as us. They took care of grievances and any other issues in a civilized manner, often before the issue became bad enough for a grievance to be filed! We never had any problems getting ahold of them.

The other company was the polar opposite. The union at that place was useless. Good luck finding the reps. I tried to get the union safety rep to come to the shop where I worked to check into a safety issue. That was in 2006. As far as I know, he still hasn't looked into it.

So do your homework guys. I still think Delta mechanics need representation, but whatever you do, get the right outfit to represent you.

And of course, any union will only be as good as the people the company hires. If the company has no hiring standards and hires anything with a pulse, the union you choose will likely be made up of the same slugs the company hired. If they do a good job in the hiring process, you'll be okay as long as choose your representation wisely!

Back