City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Parker really ever say that? I don't remember them saying anything public or private about who was going to get the gate sublease. Or is that just more projection?

And what's a rocking share?...
for someone who claims to have so much knowledge about the industry, you have a whole lot of amnesia.

Yes, AA and US mgmt. both have made repeated comments about DAL gates and DL's ability to remain there.

topDawg said:
just enough to operate ATL-DAL 5-6 times a day is all Delta is really worried about atm.......
4-6 flights ex-DAL has always seemed about right to me. Maybe 3-4 to ATL and 1-2 to LGA. B717's and/or E75's.

DL originally proposed a schedule that was ATL heavy but also included DTW and MSP.

I would bet that if DL feels comfortable it can maintain its ATL schedule at even 6/day, a couple flights/day (and 2 is the minimum to be viable in any market and even more to a more competitive market) to a destination in the west or MSP makes sense.

based on UA's schedule and DAL's guidelines, there is room for more flights at DAL than DL is operating.

WorldTraveler said:
for someone who claims to have so much knowledge about the industry, you have a whole lot of amnesia.

Yes, AA and US mgmt. both have made repeated comments about DAL gates and DL's ability to remain there.
Amnesia? Sorry if I didn't obsess over the DAL access issue as much as you did, but I don't hang on every word uttered in a press release like you seem to.

Feel free to provide links to all those repeated comments from AA and US management.

Reactions: 3 people
you can call it obsession if you want but AA and US execs both boasted on the very day of the DOJ settlement that DAL access would be for LCCs.

you shouldn't have trouble finding links if you really want to know.

DL is at DAL, is well on track to remaining beyond the 1/6 deadline that some saw as the next checkered flag, and could well with UA's reductions increase DL service = if they want to .

So, saying AA that the DOJ wanted LCC's is the same as saying DL didn't belong at DAL?

That's a pretty far stretch, even for your binary world view.

Reactions: 2 people
AA didn't say that the DOJ didn't want LCCs.

AA/US execs said that DAL expansion was not for legacy airlines and they specifically noted DL and UA.

btw. they were wrong.

eolesen said:
So, saying AA that the DOJ wanted LCC's is the same as saying DL didn't belong at DAL?

That's a pretty far stretch, even for your binary world view.
I might be reading your post wrong and I apologize if I did.  But the only things mentioned from DOJ and or the COD as far as LCC's were concerned was that the 2 gates to be divested by AA will go to a LCC airline.  Nothing was mentioned about only LCC's remain at DAL, it was only about those 2 gates...

that is correct.

AA/US executives made the statements I noted on the day the DOJ settlement was announced.

AA/US absolutely wanted to ensure that DL could not remain at DAL.

the fact that AA's capacity of the combined DFW/DAL has now fallen to less than 30% of the combined market shows why.

ATL to DFW/DAL will end up just like ATL, MSP, and DTW to ORD/MDW where DL has a share and average fare advantage to other carriers in the market which serve just one airport.

and it is also why it is likely DL will move to serve another airport from DAL as soon as they can be certain the flights they have are well-established.

WorldTraveler said:
that is correct.

AA/US executives made the statements I noted on the day the DOJ settlement was announced.

the fact that AA's capacity of the combined DFW/DAL has now fallen to less than 30% of the combined market shows why.

ATL to DFW/DAL will end up just like ATL, MSP, and DTW to ORD/MDW where DL has a share and average fare advantage to other carriers in the market which serve just one airport.

and it is also why it is likely DL will move to serve another airport from DAL as soon as they can be certain the flights they have are well-established.
"HOW NICE"

WorldTraveler said:
that is correct.

So with one gate at DAL - DL was going to drive AA out of DFW - it's probably more like this - DL was feeding information to the DOJ to try to block the merger so why not make it harder on a competitior in general - I"m confident no one in Dallas was worried about DL running a couple of flights out of DAL - it's amazing how you come up with these story lines

btw - how is that list coming along?

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
No, AA wanted to ensure they were in compliance with the DOJ settlement. They didn't dictate the terms of who would get the gate. They complied with the full intent and letter of the laws in effect.

And they had zero power to "ensure" that DL couldn't be there. That's just projection on your part.

WorldTraveler said:

It will be fun to see the facts supporting AA dropping to just 30% of the DAL/DFW market.

That would require a partial shutdown that would be even *larger* than what DL did ten years ago, and the evidence of that isn't obvious to those of us who are less educated than you.

UA is still maintaining almost hourly DAL-IAH service in their future schedules -- where exactly would you propose DL is going to be able to operate a new market from?

DL's only chance for added gate space will come if/when VX's foray into DAL fails.

Reactions: 5 people
eolesen said:
No, AA wanted to ensure they were in compliance with the DOJ settlement. They didn't dictate the terms of who would get the gate. They complied with the full intent and letter of the laws in effect.

And they had zero power to "ensure" that DL couldn't be there. That's just projection on your part.

Precisely.  AA was following orders - nothing more, nothing less.

eolesen said:
It will be fun to see the facts supporting AA dropping to just 30% of the DAL/DFW market.

That would require a partial shutdown that would be even *larger* than what DL did ten years ago, and the evidence of that isn't obvious to those of us who are less educated than you.

A person making such a patently ridiculous statement is ... detached from reality.

Considering that during October 2014 AA accounted for 72% of the region's enplanements, it would be quite a trick to pull that off with only 30% of the capacity.  (And yes, I know, I know, post-Wright was only implemented for part of October 2014, but there is no way that AA shrunk, and/or competitors grew, that much.) :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts