City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, not expecting rah-rah. There will probably be some hair-splitting technicality that will be applied.

AA gave up the right to serve DAL in order to get the merger approved.
it will come at the cost of share loss in every market that is served from DAL, including to ATL

it will come at the cost of share loss in every market that is served from DAL, including to ATL

jimntx said:
And, not to worry if it doesn't lose market share in those markets, it will most certainly lose in the moonthumbs per available seat gallon category.

Indeed.  Back in reality, I doubt AA is all that worried - AA will continue to handily dominate ("win," some might even say) the air travel market in "N. Texas."

No one has doubted AA will survive in N Texas
The fall of the WA and AA's willingness to be the only carrier of the big 4 to not be at DAL

Wow.  I'm speechless.  Even with a comedic bar set so astoundingly high, that one may take the cake - definitely right up there with how Delta will dump capacity until it bankrupts JAL.

All I can say is "thank you" - for the countless hours of laughter.

Still waiting to see how the Wright Amendment and the 20-30 incremental flights being operated will suddenly cause AA with 72% of the combined market to fall to 30% of the market.

Even applying consulting math or A380 business case math, the numbers simply don't work.

Reactions: 5 people
so you too are playing the role of either arguing the complete extreme or you don't understand the issue?

by March, AA will have less than 31% of the seats in the combined DAL/DFW to ATL market.

no one said anything about their share in the overall market.

right - so now we are focused on two city pairs

Translation for everyone on the board:

See the only flights that count are flights two and from mecca (ATL)

Everyone airline is singularly focused on the DAL/DFW to ATL city pairs

I guess the DL's market share will be down in the LAX to ATL flights - tough one

Status
Not open for further replies.