Delta Labor Relations thread.

1AA said:
Let me say from experience. If your satisfied the way the company treats you and compensates you within reasonable means then stay away from the IAM or any industrial union. It will just create stress on you and your family when it comes to negotiations and lack of communication. Why buy something you don't need? Just because someone from the outside looking in is telling you what's best for your own good?

Exactly!!!!!!!!!

1AA said:
Let me say from experience. If your satisfied the way the company treats you and compensates you within reasonable means then stay away from the IAM or any industrial union. It will just create stress on you and your family when it comes to negotiations and lack of communication. Why buy something you don't need? Just because someone from the outside looking in is telling you what's best for your own good?
Then explain why when the IAM represented the CO FAs why were they the highest paid in the industry?

TWU represents the ramp and FAs at WN and they are the highest paid in the industry, just as CSA and RES are IAM represented and they are the highest paid in the industry.

Kev3188 said:
Melodramatic much?

Again; please remind the group of your experience(s) being represented.
Just add it to the long list of questions asked of TP and never answered.

See when he cant answer it and it will portrays himself in a bad light, he ignores it.

700UW said:
Just add it to the long list of questions asked of TP and never answered.

See when he cant answer it and it will portrays himself in a bad light, he ignores it.

You have no room to spout buttercup.

700UW said:
Then explain why when the IAM represented the CO FAs why were they the highest paid in the industry?

TWU represents the ramp and FAs at WN and they are the highest paid in the industry, just as CSA and RES are IAM represented and they are the highest paid in the industry.
Taking your claims for face value without verifying it, for CO the word you used was "WERE" the highest paid. As far as WN goes they probably needed a union to be the highest paid. Delta apparently does not need a union because they are competitively compensated. If things were as bad as some say then cards would have been signed in record numbers in record time. When workers feel they are being treated unfairly and taken advantage they react. One way is to seek union representation just like one looks for a lawyer. In this case the IAM is trying to convince the workers they need union representation. That's not how it works. Perhaps the IAM needs more members for financial gain.

Reactions: 2 people
You do realize 40% of DL's ramp and CSA are ready reserve employees?

Those 40% are subsidizing the full time and part time employees at DL.

Their medical is the worst and high copays and costs.

And DL is using RR in maintenance now, and has contractors working along side their own DL mainline employees.

DL's goal is 50% RR and 50% regular employees.

700UW said:
You do realize 40% of DL's ramp and CSA are ready reserve employees?

Those 40% are subsidizing the full time and part time employees at DL.

Their medical is the worst and high copays and costs.

And DL is using RR in maintenance now, and has contractors working along side their own DL mainline employees.
DL's goal is 50% RR and 50% regular employees.

More lies from someone who never worked at DAL....

Reactions: 4 people
townpete said:

DL's own numbers dont lie.

Kev and TopDawg have provided the facts to back it up.

So refute it.

townpete said:
I don't need to have experience of something to know I don't want it.

Do you willfully go out and get an STD just for the experience?
Do you willfully go out and get and stand in traffic just for the experience?  
Do you willfully go jump out of an airplane without a parachute just for the experience? 

No you wouldn't would you? Better judgment would prevent you from doing just that.

Just like wanting IAM representation would be the mother of all bad ideas.
And that was the mother of all dodges, right down to the tired comparison to an STD.

So all this time, you've been talking about something you've never experienced?

In the interest of clarity, please remind the group of how/when you were represented.

townpete said:
Which points were "lies?"

You're not simply trying to wind 700 up are you?

Reactions: 2 people
I don't understand why the mods closed the other thread. This is the same old drivel by the same old people. All 5 of you should get into a private chat room.

Kev3188 said:
Since the topic is now much broader, maybe you can share your thoughts on how DALPA's contract talks are going...
Better yet, maybe you can shed some light on why the card collection for ramp has been going on for 3 years.

My guess is the IAM is not receiving enough yes cards, so they keep dragging their feet!

Reactions: 1 person
And lets see you have the pulse of ALL of DL's ACS all over the US from your workbench in the hangar in your shop.

Like I said, your not ACS, what they do doesnt effect you.

southwind said:
My guess is the IAM is not receiving enough yes cards, so they keep dragging their feet!
Yes, not having enough cards is a very valid reason not to petition the NMB for a vote.

That's like saying we need oxygen to live.

You sure you didn't mean to ask about /why/ there might not yet be enough cards?