Delta loads new DAL flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get back on topic guys.  Delta can load all the flights they want for DAL, in the end, will they be able to support them?  I doubt it.  It was a media and political move to try and keep or stay at LF since they knew that their gates that they leased at LF from AA that are forced to be divested, were in danger of being gone once the divestures are granted to someone else...

swamt   I still think that may be b6  or nk  or even allegiant may make a run for dal     do you think that is still possible

Yes Robbed I do still feel there will be a late entry for the 2 gates at LF.  I have no idea who it might be, but I would be concerned if it would be Spirit or Allegiant.  Not really concerned about anyone else, including if VX or Delta gets the gates. 
Robbed, I have no confirmation of other airlines that might come in late, but I just have a feeling someone might.  Why wouldn't Spirit at least try.  They could reduce their cost dramatically if they moved from DFW to DAL for the very same flights. And Spirit would be the scariest competitor to come into DAL as far as competition.  This is just my opinion, but it may never happen,  who knows brother, who knows...

Yeah what do I know, I only live here, and you don't
which is why the world wide web was created... it connects the world.

Feel free to call up the Port Authority and let them know their data is incorrect. They have only invested billions of dollars in the 3 airports; I have a feeling they have a lot of reasons to make sure they are providing the right resources at each airport to meet the needs of the airline tenants there.

Did you click thru to the data pages?

BTW, have you seen the claims DL is making in NYC

http://www.wk.com/campaign/keep_climbing2012/from/delta

Let's get back on topic guys.  Delta can load all the flights they want for DAL, in the end, will they be able to support them?  I doubt it.  It was a media and political move to try and keep or stay at LF since they knew that their gates that they leased at LF from AA that are forced to be divested, were in danger of being gone once the divestures are granted to someone else...

that is rich coming from WN who has mastered the political and media machine better than perhaps any airline - ever

It is a great honor to have succeeded... but it highlights that WN doesn't have the corner of the market that you think they do any more.

Part of the beauty of business is that it is, well, so competitive. As soon as you think you have a great idea, someone else comes along and bests you at your own game...

in the words of DL's current marketing campaign... "we up the bar today and then will up it again tomorrow."

Yes Robbed I do still feel there will be a late entry for the 2 gates at LF.  I have no idea who it might be, but I would be concerned if it would be Spirit or Allegiant.  Not really concerned about anyone else, including if VX or Delta gets the gates. 
Robbed, I have no confirmation of other airlines that might come in late, but I just have a feeling someone might.  Why wouldn't Spirit least try.  They could reduce their cost dramatically if they moved from DFW to DAL for the very same flights. And Spirit would be the scariest competitor to come into DAL as far as competition.  This is just my opinion, but it may never happen,  who knows brother, who knows...
and what you have consistently been wanting is for someone - anyone - to come along and make it harder for DL to compete with WN.

Let's be clear that your and your company's objective has long been to limit access to DAL and if someone else does come make sure they are so weak that they can't possibly present any real competition to WN.

WN's business model is free bags, single class, no alliances, and a domestic only network.... not terribly competitive against global megacarriers like AA, DL, and UA. of course you don't want to compete against them.

WN's cost advantage of the past is in the past. WN's strategy for today isn't near as compelling as it once was.

"we'll up the bar today and then do it again tomorrow...."

Reactions: 1 person
so because he/she lives in a city they know what everyone else does better than the airport authority that has invested billions?

these are the facts that people here can't handle and which I keep bringing to the table to make the point.

UA runs a larger hub at EWR and carries more passengers THRU NYC but DL carries more of the LOCAL market from the two airports which the Port Authority says are the preferred airports for NYC travelers.

I don't have to personally know it all.
It's public data which anyone could find.... you just have to know where to look.

Get over the idea that someone else actually might know something that you don't.

DL is the largest carrier from both LGA and JFK, the preferred two airports for NYC passengers, and carries the most local passengers from NYC.

WorldTraveler said:
so because he/she lives in a city they know what everyone else does better than the airport authority that has invested billions?
No one has said that.

And really, WGAF? I just like the idea that an actual NY'er has weighed in. It makes for a fuller discussion.

who gives a rip what ONE New Yorker says when the Port Authority which represents millions of passengers and has invested billions in the airports says something else?

The PANYNJ could care less what a couple of airline employees think let alone a whole forum full of them.

Really. move on. You and everyone else look incredibly stupid trying to argue against a government agency whose job it is to actually run a multi-billion dollar enterprise and has done a host of marketing research.

WorldTraveler said:
who gives a rip what ONE New Yorker says when the Port Authority which represents millions of passengers and has invested billions in the airports says something else?
I do.

And I'm not "arguing" anything except the idea that a lot of voices makes for an interesting board.

Status
Not open for further replies.