Delta Pilots come to terms with DL on London Flying

And yet Delta continued to hire F/a's. 1600 a year for the next few years.
we don't need to pay a fox to oversee the hen house. (iAM)
As mentioned in another thread. Delta is insourcing F/A jobs not the what the IAM claimed what Delta would do after then merger. No one believed their scare tactics then and most of us don't today.

Btw why do you care what we Delta F/A's have or have not?
The working relationship we have has been working quite well for decades, through thick and thin. For me personally it hasn't not been bad over the 25+ years I have. Is it Perfect? No but compared with my peers at other airlines, I do pretty well. For some reason that just kills so many OUTSIDERS. I just don't understand it.

Reactions: 1 person
Ask the FA who had to have ALPA and the AFA get her, her job back and expose a drug testing lab that didn't meet the FAA standards about how DL treated her.

Reactions: 3 people
Actually I don't care either way - it's just amazing that pilots have a union and the rest of the group doesn't care

If you want to talk about folks applying or jobs at DL vs other airlines - the other airlines have lots of people applying for jobs - so that is not a good measure

and therefore they should have a chance to vote on that

700UW said:
Ask the FA who had to have ALPA and the AFA get her, her job back and expose a drug testing lab that didn't meet the FAA standards about how DL treated her.
Stil holding onto that 20 year old case huh?
So nothing changed in 20 years ?
Might want to ask yourself why she ISNT an activist for the IaM
I know her and I know she isn't.

Why is it a good thing for ALPA to be negotiating with DL to protect pilot scope, but a bad thing for others to want the same level of representation?

As long as the FA's get to ride on the coat-tails of what the pilots get, it's OK, right?

What if DL negotiated to have VS flight attendants in the cabin, and ALPA agreed to it?

Reactions: 2 people
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-31/delta-strikes-pilot-deal-to-keep-jobs-from-outsourcing-to-virgin.html

Wonder if the FA's will get the same agreement - that's right they don't have an agreement
duh.... DL FAs are the only ones that fly on DL aircraft.

and as Baba notes DL is adding more capacity than any other US airline, is accelerating delivery of new and used aircraft on order, and is retaining as many aircraft that were previously set for retirement as maintenance says can be justified.

DL continues to be a high growth airline which is good news for DL employees.

and the agreement is now about 3 weeks old... it is a JV related pilot agreement similar to what exists with other DL partners with consideration for the fact DL has a large equity position in Virgin. It also includes a global look at DL's int'l operations as part of the pilot protections.

Reactions: 2 people
DL is not and will not use foreign FAs on DL aircraft.

It is striking that you make that suggestion when AA and UA, who both have US FA unions, are the ones that have allowed foreign FAs on their aircraft.

DL pilots AND FAs will share in DL's growth which baba knows will continue at a rapid pace.

jcw said:
actually there is nothing preventing DL from using VS cabin crew
Nope. And it's been done before. If I recall, US and BA had jointly crewed flights, and there was one other pre-alliances example where the marketing carrier's flight attendants were present on codeshared operations. I even remember doing a competitive ride on Valujet flight once that was operated with ExpressOne pilots, and a mix of ExpressOne and Valujet flight attendants (minimum crew provided by the metal, supplemented by marketing crew).

There's also nothing stopping VS and DL from interchanging aircraft. That's been done countless times.

DL had FA swaps with SR and SN but there were DL FAs on SN and SR aircraft and vice versa.

Nothing was given up in terms of total staffing.

It just added a lot of complexity that no one decided was worth keeping.

DL isn't doing an interchange, an FA swap, or anything beyond what they currently do.

All this agreement does is ensure that the proportion of DL to VS flying is not reduced.