Delta Pilots come to terms with DL on London Flying

actually, now that you have checked in, we would be interested in hearing your perspective on it - not what it means for DL FAs or any other topic.

Their was never any concern amongst our pilot group that it would be anything other then what was agreed. Some north guys voiced concerns that DL would outsource flying but none of the south guys. As far as out sourcing FA's that is a NWA thing DL has always transitioned to only US FA's . My guess it is a plantation mentality...having your own people. Remember Alpa at DL is more an association then a union... And outsiders just don't get it and probably never will.

metopower said:
Their was never any concern amongst our pilot group that it would be anything other then what was agreed. Some north guys voiced concerns that DL would outsource flying but none of the south guys. As far as out sourcing FA's that is a NWA thing DL has always transitioned to only US FA's . My guess it is a plantation mentality...having your own people. Remember Alpa at DL is more an association then a union... And outsiders just don't get it and probably never will.

If there was no concern except by a few - then why adjust a contract for a small minority - if it's just an association - then this was really not needed

Congratulations to DL and it's much continued success - glad there was no need for this contract change

Reactions: 1 person
BABABOOY said:
And yet Delta continued to hire F/a's. 1600 a year for the next few years.
we don't need to pay a fox to oversee the hen house. (iAM)
As mentioned in another thread. Delta is insourcing F/A jobs not the what the IAM claimed what Delta would do after then merger. No one believed their scare tactics then and most of us don't today.

Btw why do you care what we Delta F/A's have or have not?
The working relationship we have has been working quite well for decades, through thick and thin. For me personally it hasn't not been bad over the 25+ years I have. Is it Perfect? No but compared with my peers at other airlines, I do pretty well. For some reason that just kills so many OUTSIDERS. I just don't understand it.
Thanks to DALPA........ 

question what happens if Richard dusts off the old contractor FA playbook he tried over at NW? Expect (D)ALPA to save you then or......? 

WorldTraveler said:
DL is not and will not use foreign FAs on DL aircraft.

It is striking that you make that suggestion when AA and UA, who both have US FA unions, are the ones that have allowed foreign FAs on their aircraft.

DL pilots AND FAs will share in DL's growth which baba knows will continue at a rapid pace.
huh? Delta has plenty of bases over in Asia. 

Can anyone find info on AFAs charge that PMNW tried to outsource 75% of their international flying? Would be interesting to see something official.

Josh

737823 said:
Can anyone find info on AFAs charge that PMNW tried to outsource 75% of their international flying? Would be interesting to see something official.

Josh
Spreading misinformation again?

That would be the PFAA who represented the PMNW FAs at the time.

PFAA was a sister union of AMFA.

700UW said:
Spreading misinformation again?

That would be the PFAA who represented the PMNW FAs at the time.

PFAA was a sister union of AMFA.
It was a charge AFA used during the 2009-10 election at DL I'll find the link but it was in one of the AFA4DAL videos.

Josh

737823 said:
It was a charge AFA used during the 2009-10 election at DL I'll find the link but it was in one of the AFA4DAL videos.

Josh
Doesnt matter if they did or not, the PFAA represented the NW FAs at the time that NW wanted to do this.

Didn't NWA consider/try pulling a GoJet to evade CBAs and operate under a separate certificate?

Josh

700UW said:
Doesnt matter if they did or not, the PFAA represented the NW FAs at the time that NW wanted to do this.
Would NWA ESEs performing F/A work similarly be consiered "ancillary duties"?

Josh