Did Lombardo ok this?

The company will counter sue for defaming their character and win, unless Seham can prove what they're saying.
WeAAsles said:
I said the International. The Local has it's own money.
After that the local won t have its own money anymore.

NYer said:
If you read the lawsuit, the 4 things they want doesn't seem to address the work related complaints, it is more about the treatment of the Reps and the picking of a union.

Did I miss something?

Yeah, sorry you not being an AMT wouldn't understand - it's all part of the big picture of the current AMT experience at AA.  The new culture between management and AMTs the lawsuit contends - is further evidenced at all levels as was described in my earlier post.

Vortilon said:

Yeah, sorry you not being an AMT wouldn't understand - it's all part of the big picture of the current AMT experience at AA.  The new culture between management and AMTs the lawsuit contends - is further evidenced at all levels as was described in my earlier post.

Mark Drusch is a former airline executive, though not with American.
"This to me sounds like bully tactics," Drusch said.

He says the lawsuit looks like a move by the union to score points by unfairly making American look bad.
"The FAA is who you work this with. You work this out with the airline and the FAA. If the FAA has a problem they will take it up with the airline and we'll find out about it after the FAA has done something about it," said Drusch.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/2015/01/23/mechanics-sue-american-airlines-maintenance-fraud/22237553/

I would think that Seham has looked over the case and found enough evidence to where he is pretty confident he can win (FAA agrees). If not, these accusations are extremely serious and those folks at 591 could be in for more than just losing their jobs. It would be my guess that our infamous poster has had some of his comments collected and gone over by the folks at AA. Again, I don't think they would go public with something that serious unless Seham and 591 felt extremely confident in what they have. Good luck guys.

Vortilon said:

I'm not arguing the details of what is or what isn't being alleged. The point I'm trying to make is that the resolutions sought in the complaint don't actually address the alleged treatment of the AMT's themselves.

The accusations are presented, but the resolutions towards those accusations are not present.

If you file a grievance for an OT bypass, you can win the case and not get the payment of the bypass unless you ask for that resolution within the grievance itself.

Rogallo said:
Looks like the Fleet Service discussions kinda petered out, eh? 

Just saying!
Yes, it's now a AA discussion, and a pretty serious one at that.

AANOTOK said:
I would think that Seham has looked over the case and found enough evidence to where he is pretty confident he can win (FAA agrees). If not, these accusations are extremely serious and those folks at 591 could be in for more than just losing their jobs. It would be my guess that our infamous poster has had some of his comments collected and gone over by the folks at AA. Again, I don't think they would go public with something that serious unless Seham and 591 felt extremely confident in what they have. Good luck guys.

If you read the actual lawsuit, the remedy they ask for has little to do with the allegations made of planes being unsafe to fly and that management is forcing illegal actions to be taken.

From that point of view, it seems the allegation were more for "crowd reaction," rather than to fix the issues they contend.

If YOU were a amt on the line being confronted with these issues daily then YOu would appreciate your local attempting to do something about management trying to dutch- uncle YOU into unsafe maint practices. But if YOU are a TWU Intl. Apologist, not a amt, or a management type then who really cares about your IGM comments.It is nice to have someone in our corner!

Latest posts

Back