DL requests authority to begin LAX-PVG service

Status
Not open for further replies.
topDawg said:
AA will be pulling F from this route soon and UA uses a 787 with is J only. (though I think it is going 789 which is nearly 50 J)
AA's plan is to finish the reconfiguration of the 772s by the end of 2016, so I'm not sure I'd agree that it will be "soon," but yes, first class won't be available on AA's LAX-NRT flights at some point in the next 24 months.

topDawg said:
Pretty sure its 30 something J
Correct. The current announced plan is that starting at the end of this year, the AA 772s will get 37J/48MCE/204Y, as you posted.

FWAAA said:
AA's plan is to finish the reconfiguration of the 772s by the end of 2016, so I'm not sure I'd agree that it will be "soon," but yes, first class won't be available on AA's LAX-NRT flights at some point in the next 24 months.

Correct. The current announced plan is that starting at the end of this year, the AA 772s will get 37J/48MCE/204Y, as you posted.
Well I am honestly expect AA's China network to quickly go 787 but might be wrong. 

Other news. 

LAX-SJC/OAK/SMF will be going all E75 in the summer (starts June4) 

and starting June 4 the Boeing 717 will operate 3 daily(out of 5) LAX-PDX flights. Also the 717 will operate 4 of the 8 daily LAX-LAS flights. The other LAX-PDX/LAS flights will be E75s. 

I haven't found a link to getting the 717 into LAX yet. 

I told you the 717 would be coming to the western US.

and the type of aircraft that either AA, DL, or UA uses is far less significant than the fact that DL is going to jump into a market which it stayed out of in order to protect DL's west coast-Asia markets.

there is not even a doubt that UA will get hurt in all of this but the real casualty will be AA who has this delusional belief that it can become something significant in the west coast to Asia market even though the evidence is overwhelming they don't have the market presence to pull anywhere close to average fares.

DL is not giving up the SEA-HND route and the reason why you haven't heard of the upgrade on LAX-HND is because there is no reason to put it on the drawing boards right now.

WorldTraveler said:
I told you the 717 would be coming to the western US.
uh first this might be the first time you have been right.......and its not hard to be right when its the worst kept secret in industry.
All I have told you is there will not be a 717 base out west. (and there wont, DTW(mostly) will do this flying) 

WorldTraveler said:
and the type of aircraft that either AA, DL, or UA uses is far less significant than the fact that DL is going to jump into a market which it stayed out of in order to protect DL's west coast-Asia markets.
uh no. 
Aircraft type is a huge part of this. 

WorldTraveler said:
there is not even a doubt that UA will get hurt in all of this but the real casualty will be AA who has this delusional belief that it can become something significant in the west coast to Asia market even though the evidence is overwhelming they don't have the market presence to pull anywhere close to average fares.
in all of what? LAX-PVG? no United wont hurt a bit on this. United has the corporate market on lock down.

and even in LAX in general, United isn't going anywhere.  

WorldTraveler said:
DL is not giving up the SEA-HND route and the reason why you haven't heard of the upgrade on LAX-HND is because there is no reason to put it on the drawing boards right now.
I understand that it isn't loaded, but ti doesn't matter. I am telling you, Delta isn't trying to lose even more money on LAX-HND. 

and in all honestly just simply doesn't have the 332 capacity to add the route as is. (and LAX-TYO is a bit long for the Delta 333s) 

topDawg said:
 and starting June 4 the Boeing 717 will operate 3 daily(out of 5) LAX-PDX flights.
Nice! Likely a specific response (or preemptive strike) to what AA has planned.

Either way, my hometown field has come a long way from 4 A320's/day to MSP.

it says that DL's buildup the west coast is working and DL can and will add capacity to LAX via upgrades - boht of which I have said.

we haven't seen how those 717s will get to the west coast so stay tuned for that piece.

Kev3188 said:
Nice! Likely a specific response (or preemptive strike) to what AA has planned.

Either way, my hometown field has come a long way from 4 A320's/day to MSP.
LAX-SEA/PDX are doing very well for Delta. Not surprised at all to see some upgrading on the route.  

WorldTraveler said:
it says that DL's buildup the west coast is working and DL can and will add capacity to LAX via upgrades - boht of which I have said.

we haven't seen how those 717s will get to the west coast so stay tuned for that piece.

MCI is my guess. 

MCI? Never knew/realized that was ever a major DL market. They even serve MCI-LAX? Did DL ever have a base there? Crown Room? Other point to point routes?

Back around the TWA acquisition AA flew MCI-LGA and LAX, but those both ended circa 2004-05. Admirals Club also closed there, but they are adding a MIA flight in a few months.

Josh

Repo flights & firewalling.

Back around the TWA acquisition AA flew MCI-LGA and LAX, but those both ended circa 2004-05. Admirals Club also closed there, but they are adding a MIA flight in a few months.

Josh
Good for TW.

The new MCI-LAX service will be good for DL 142 and the many F/A "activists" at LAX for DL.

Josh

737823 said:
MCI? Never knew/realized that was ever a major DL market.
I wouldn't say its "major" but its around 30 flights a day. 

737823 said:
They even serve MCI-LAX?
double daily E75s

but I mean via SLC. Right now Delta has a 717 flight loaded on MCI-SLC-LAS. (and then LAS-LAX and LAX-PDX) 

737823 said:
Did DL ever have a base there?
not to that i know of. 

737823 said:
Crown Room?
use to. 

737823 said:
Other point to point routes?
Just ATL, SLC, DTW, MSP, LGA and LAX. 

since DL does not have a 717 base east of ATL/DTW, repositioning pilots via MCI/SLC/LAS consumes a lot of pilot time. DL does not 'leave aircraft' or pilots separated from their maintenance and crew base, if that is what you mean by firewalling.

when DL first considered 717 service from LAX, the idea was to use the Texas-LAX routes as a bridge. MCI could be one but it is a longer route.

Also based just on the number of flights mentioned/ (PDX and LAS), that is several crews worth of 717 flying per day. there has to be multiple bridges or multiple frequencies per day on that bridge.

we can detour to the 717 discussion but the discussion is about DL's growth of LAX to Asia and I said and it is now apparent that DL will add capacity to LAX and will protect its LAX to Asia franchise and grow the domestic system to do so.

Not too surprised to see the 717's heading west. California has been lobbying hard for the EPA to start regulating aircraft emissions, and a little appeasement helps keep them at bay.

737823 said:
The new MCI-LAX service will be good for DL 142 and the many F/A "activists" at LAX for DL.

Josh
.......what? Its double daily E75s. Use to be mainline. 

outsourcing flying doesn't help Delta. 

WorldTraveler said:
since DL does not have a 717 base east of ATL/DTW, repositioning pilots via MCI/SLC/LAS consumes a lot of pilot time. DL does not 'leave aircraft' or pilots separated from their maintenance and crew base, if that is what you mean by firewalling.

when DL first considered 717 service from LAX, the idea was to use the Texas-LAX routes as a bridge. MCI could be one but it is a longer route.

Also based just on the number of flights mentioned/ (PDX and LAS), that is several crews worth of 717 flying per day. there has to be multiple bridges or multiple frequencies per day on that bridge.

we can detour to the 717 discussion but the discussion is about DL's growth of LAX to Asia and I said and it is now apparent that DL will add capacity to LAX and will protect its LAX to Asia franchise and grow the domestic system to do so.
they will be dead heading a lot of pilots. They already know its coming and are willing to take the cost of that. 

and yes, Delta does firewall aircraft. Look at the 757s in Asia for example. 

As it is right now its 1x MCI-SLC-LAS.

eolesen said:
Not too surprised to see the 717's heading west. California has been lobbying hard for the EPA to start regulating aircraft emissions, and a little appeasement helps keep them at bay.
Its not like its going to be any better than what Delta already has. BR715 is very comparable to the V2500,CFM56 and CF34. (as a matter of some many stupid people think airplanes like the MD90 and 717 are "old" and "gas guzzlers" as it is)  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts