DL requests authority to begin LAX-PVG service

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend is a lead inspector and he was in ATL this week for the engine change, DL let US maintenance use some of their maintenance baggage tugs.

Dawg is right, when it comes to MTC, they do help each other out all the time.

• Banned
DL didn't "let" US use its facilities.

DL CHARGED and US PAID for the use of the facilities.

I have never said anything that says airlines don't cooperate on facilities.

but you would have to believe in unicorns if you think DL allows competitors to use its facilities, equipment, and personnel without charging for it.
that is what DL Tech Ops does.

And DL pays the price in cities like JFK where DL does not have a hangar and where the work is BEST done inside.

no one said that work couldn't be done outside or that a hangar transforms the level of maintenance that is done.

DL has done maintenance at NRT for quite some time.

and none of this changes that DL is going to start LAX-PVG service because it believes it can make money doing so - and is willing to endure the startup costs - and because there is strategic value in doing so.

Learn to read.

US did the work outside on the hangar ramp, they didnt use DL facilities, DL MTC lent them with NO cost baggage tugs.

Were you there?

My friend was the Aircraft Inspector on the job.

Once again you are CLUELESS!

• Banned
no, DL didn't "LEND"

they rented.

Airlines don't LEND their expertise.

your friend didn't pay the bill.

WorldTraveler said:
DL didn't "let" US use its facilities.
he didn't say US used a hangar. 

WorldTraveler said:
DL CHARGED and US PAID for the use of the facilities.
maybe, maybe not. Depends. 
Hangar space yes they are paying rent. 

But plenty of times i have worked trips where local management let us use tuggs, carts, lefts, tooling etc and not charged us. 
WorldTraveler said:
but you would have to believe in unicorns if you think DL allows competitors to use its facilities, equipment, and personnel without charging for it.
that is what DL Tech Ops does.
again not completely true.

• Banned
no, I am not.

DL does not LOAN its tools, equipment, facilities, or personnel to other airlines at no cost. Neither does any other airline.

that is an investment that each company has made and they intend to recoup that investment either in their own operation or at the minimum by swapping a comparable type of service elsewhere.

DL might have swapped ATL tools for JFK space, for instance but that is still an in-kind payment.

WorldTraveler said:
no, I am not.

DL does not LOAN its tools, equipment, facilities, or personnel to other airlines at no cost. Neither does any other airline.

that is an investment that each company has made and they intend to recoup that investment either in their own operation or at the minimum by swapping a comparable type of service elsewhere.

DL might have swapped ATL tools for JFK space, for instance but that is still an in-kind payment.
So now you are back to telling me what I know and do not know. 

Hey WT how many engine changes have you done if your life? How many times have you maintenance field trips have you taken?

You need to stop telling people like me kev and 700 things we have done. You don't know what happens out there. Yeah in your office they tell you we do that, do this.....but life doesn't work that way. 

• Banned
you don't work in accounting.

all the engine changes in the world doesn't change that you are naïve beyond belief if you think DL loans anything to other airlines for free -or without getting something in kind.

You are 100% wrong, I have lent tooling and let other airlines use stuff per management with no charge and been at outstations where the same occurred from an airline letting US use their stuff with no charge.

Have you worked in Stores as a stock clerk at DL?

Once again you are truly clueless!

http://youtu.be/VpVoUvLdErw

You do realize when a tool or part is lent out for use, the only way anyone in accounting knows if the paperwork is filled out at the outstation signed and then sent it.

No paperwork, no bill.

Pretty simple concept.

You didn work in maintenance or stores, there is a real world outside of your former cubicle you worked in.

Did you take your cubicle home and set it up so you can pretend you are on the pulse of DL's Heartbeat?

topDawg said:
So now you are back to telling me what I know and do not know. 

Hey WT how many engine changes have you done if your life? How many times have you maintenance field trips have you taken?

You need to stop telling people like me kev and 700 things we have done. You don't know what happens out there. Yeah in your office they tell you we do that, do this.....but life doesn't work that way. 
What a damn fool he is. Here is yet another instance where the know it all has no clue.

I can't count the number of times we helped out other airlines in the many different locations I have worked. Hangar space, lifts, tugs, ladders, compressors, jacks, etc., were all shared by us and others when we had AOG aircraft. No paperwork ever signed, no invoices, no accounting, nothing, nada. It was the same when I was at their stations on road trips.

The only time that didn't happen was when it was a scab outfit or an outsource vendor that came crawling.

WorldTraveler said:
you don't work in accounting.

all the engine changes in the world doesn't change that you are naïve beyond belief if you think DL loans anything to other airlines for free -or without getting something in kind.
I have mother f**king done it before. What part of that do you not understand? 

I know for a fact that I have had managers loan stuff out and didn't report it, didn't do anything. I know for a fact I have used OAL tooling and nothing said to higher management. 

Again, you worked in a office. You know nothing about how it works in the field. nothing. 

700UW said:
You do realize when a tool or part is lent out for use, the only way anyone in accounting knows if the paperwork is filled out at the outstation signed and then sent it.

No paperwork, no bill.

Pretty simple concept.

You didn work in maintenance or stores, there is a real world outside of your former cubicle you worked in.

Did you take your cubicle home and set it up so you can pretend you are on the pulse of DL's Heartbeat?
exactly. If i were to use something and a charge come of it i would have to sign for it. I would have to give them names employees numbers and other info. 

Now he is going to call accounts payable and snitch on all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back