DTW Line MX

PlayTheOdds

Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Contract and the South
I just talked to a few of the Mechanics still working at NWA and another that just quit. It is reported that all is going well on the line but they are severely short on manpower. NWA has let a mechanic return to work that had quit earlier this year. For them to allow this man back on the property is indeed a sign of their desperation for mechanics. It is also reported that the latest round of new hires are fresh out of A&P School. Another interesting note is that it is estimated that sixty percent of the work force is AMFA Scabs as opposed to twenty-five percent being Original Scabs and the remaining fifteen percent being New Hires. They have seen no strikers for some time now. Last week the F/A's were giving them hell with bogus write-ups and (My Favorite) dumping ashtrays and ice scoops in the lavs. The guys are hanging tough, I do wish them the best.

Boy, how I do miss working the line.

I just talked to a few of the Mechanics still working at NWA and another that just quit. It is reported that all is going well on the line but they are severely short on manpower. NWA has let a mechanic return to work that had quit earlier this year. For them to allow this man back on the property is indeed a sign of their desperation for mechanics. It is also reported that the latest round of new hires are fresh out of A&P School. Another interesting note is that it is estimated that sixty percent of the work force is AMFA Scabs as opposed to twenty-five percent being Original Scabs and the remaining fifteen percent being New Hires. They have seen no strikers for some time now. Last week the F/A's were giving them hell with bogus write-ups and (My Favorite) dumping ashtrays and ice scoops in the lavs. The guys are hanging tough, I do wish them the best.

Oh hello... Ice scoops are normal. Why do you think we got plastic ones now?

Sometimes I'm wondering if you guys aren't sabatoging your own selves with all the extra stuff you carry in your tool bags.

Sometimes I'm wondering if you guys aren't sabatoging your own selves with all the extra stuff you carry in your tool bags.

If you start finding empty beer cans stuffed into the lavs, then you can be certain that filthy, dirty, beer-swilling scabs are to blame.

OH LETS SEE HERE NOW: you say that NWA cant keep enough scabs at the maintaince department. Gee I wonder why!? May be if SCAB AIR and its filthy rotten smelly mgmt had actually NEGOGIATED in GOOD FAITH (something they have never heard of) may be they wouldnt be in the predicament that they are in now. Oh great, more scabs right out of the AP school. Wonder how many emergence landings that will translate into. To keep customers happy and to keep them coming back, you as an airline mgmt must maintain excellent relationship with your employees. that is something NWA mgmt hasnt been trained in

I thought the original scabs were mostly ex-Eastern. Oh, I forgot we determined that was a lie.

The fact that even though there are thousands of AMT's are unemployed in the business NWA is hiring kids righ out of A&P school tells me most AMT's are smart enough to stay away from NWA.

Yawn. ZZZZZZZZZ.

...And yet, you quit. Imagine that. Bye bye now.

Your post is certainly lax in real information...Who reported the new hires to be "fresh out of A&P school"? Just in DTW or MSP too? Also, who makes the estimates of SCAB numbers and the breakdown of their make-up?
I'll give you this PTO, the numbers of EX-AMFA SCABs has increased. 4 more this month in DTW alone (verified by visual recognition). One of them is Don Stevens (Papa Smurf)...well PTO NOW I can agree with your one statement on the desparation of nwa to hire mechanics. Its a good thing you're not there anymore, you get hooked up with Stevens and you'll be the one doing all the heavy lifting. So now it takes 4 people to change a tire...
1 to hold the light (that would be Stevens)
1 to read the MM procedure (pick one that can actually read)
1 to do the heavy liftiing
and 1 manager to ride herd on the SCABs so it doesn't take all night to change a tire.
All is normal at nwa.

Wait a minute PTO, I thought you said that in DTW specifically there was a list 1000+ names long of AMFA memebers waiting to cross their own picket line? If there's a list that long, why would NWA be needing to hire people fresh out of A&P school?

Hmmm...

More TALL TALES from the ex-resident SCAB... :lol: :lol:

Ashtrays?.. :huh:

I thought those were discarded some time ago, since smoking is no longer permitted.

1997 TWA, United, and American all announce plans to fly smokefree by July 1st. Northwest and Continental remain the only two major United States airlines that do not adopt smokefree policies for international flights.

1998 On March 29th, Air France makes all its trans-Atlantic flights smokefree. British Airways and Virgin Atlantic make all their flights worldwide 100% smokefree by April 1st. The two join a list of other completely smokefree European airlines, including Lufthansa, Er Lingus, Finnair, Icelandair and Scandinavian Airlines.

1999 On October 5th, the Senate passes a Federal Aviation Administration bill, which includes a clause to make all flights to and from the U.S. smokefree.

April 5 - President Clinton signs the Wendell H. Ford Aviation Investment and Reform Act of the 21st Century into law, making all flights to and from the U.S. smokefree.

June 4 - The Wendell H. Ford Aviation Investment and Reform Act becomes effective, making all flights between the U.S. and foreign destinations go 100% smokefree. In a press release issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation, Transportation Secretary Rodney E. Slater says, "Protecting the health of Americans includes ensuring their right to breathe smoke-free air when they travel."

Wait a minute PTO, I thought you said that in DTW specifically there was a list 1000+ names long of AMFA memebers waiting to cross their own picket line? If there's a list that long, why would NWA be needing to hire people fresh out of A&P school?

Hmmm...

“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.â€￾
~Abraham Lincoln

Hmmm...
Actually that list was system wide with the majority being from MSP. We did get a few mechanics from MSP but not many. These were also numbers that NWA put out so take that for what it is worth.

I thought the original scabs were mostly ex-Eastern. Oh, I forgot we determined that was a lie.
I think you determined that it was a lie, but what do you know? You AA Guys also said that it was a lie that there were AA AMT’s here that were on furlough. I think that AMFAMAN did some research to prove me wrong only to learn that I was right.

Back