Effectice July PHL-TLV goes twice daily

700UW said:
Next summer is the rumor.
So did you mean July 2015 in your OP??  Rather than just checking the OAG, which I guess isn't really "official" in this case, why didn't you double check the loaded schedules and other info you have access to as an employee?  Surely if it were true, as said, the schedules would have been loaded, crews scheduled and tickets sold (hopefully).  

It would have avoided a whole new "2nd TLV flight" discussion, which has popped up and gone away a few times already.

The OAG is a reliable source of information.

Excuse me.

And the OAG stated it was a mistake as the schedule double loaded due to the integration of AA and US.

And rumor has it they will add a second PHL-TLV next year.

robbedagain said:
mia don't have the traffic.. take a hint.. ly pulled the route 
MIA has substantially more O&D than Philadelphia.   Combine MIA with FLL and MCO and you have almost double the O&D as PHL.   

El Al's experience doesn't prove anything about MIA.   El Al didn't have a huge hub at MIA, but new AA does.   From MIA, AA offers nonstops to dozens of Central and South American cities.   

Reactions: 2 people
So why hasnt any other airline taken up the route including AA when they bought TWA they could have moved it to MIA at anytime.

So there has to be a reason why no other airline including AA hasnt flown the route.

Reactions: 2 people
FWAA  I have to sort of disagree with you there  on the count that PHL can draw traffic from numerous areas including parts of NY DE and MD  not to mention NJ     its almost similar to say MIA taking it from FLL and MCO may be EYW

zethya said:
Do you ever produce anything constructive?? If the determination on where to place Hubs was based on the "beauty" of the airport, ORD, MIA, LAX and JFK should all be de-hubbed.

SRQ is a beautiful airport, I really like the big fish tank.

Lots of unused ticket counter space available  for expansion too!

700UW said:
The OAG is a reliable source of information.

Excuse me.

And the OAG stated it was a mistake as the schedule double loaded due to the integration of AA and US.

And rumor has it they will add a second PHL-TLV next year.
Front line agents see this every day on every flight one on AA side and one on US side. Code share can confuse employees and passengers and not to mention the problems with booking on both sides with inventory and in sync/adjusting

robbedagain said:
FWAA  I have to sort of disagree with you there  on the count that PHL can draw traffic from numerous areas including parts of NY DE and MD  not to mention NJ     its almost similar to say MIA taking it from FLL and MCO may be EYW
I don't disagree that PHL can draw traffic from the surrounding areas, but don't you think that the existing PHL-TLV flight is already pulling everyone who wants to depart from PHL?    Are you arguing that adding another frequency will draw more people from the 100 mile radius around PHL?   About 75% of the passengers on PHL-TLV are connecting at PHL, so it's clear that there's still plenty of room for more O&D on that sole PHL-TLV flight.   

I don't know which gateway would be best for a second flight, but NYC, LAX, SFO, MIA, BOS and ORD all have more TLV O&D than PHL.   LAX would be an extremely long, expensive to operate flight, and connections to it would be limited.   SFO is dominated by UA, and connections would be scarce.   MIA is a huge AA hub with more TLV O&D.   BOS and ORD might work, but MIA has more O&D.   

Reactions: 1 person