Effectice July PHL-TLV goes twice daily

yes they did   I remember reading that somewhere  may on here or on yahoo but yes they did end ATL-TLV in favor of JFK.     Now its been at least 7 yrs since I last flew thru EWR but I do remember seeing an EL AL 777  do they still run a 744 to JFK and 777 to EWR?

robbedagain said:
   Now its been at least 7 yrs since I last flew thru EWR but I do remember seeing an EL AL 777  do they still run a 744 to JFK and 777 to EWR?
Yes.

I think I remember LY running two daily TLV-JFK flights - one in the afternoon, and one at around 1am, but it was a long time ago. Tower Air (remember them?) also ran a TLV-JFK flight, on a 747.

I think that US could probably support a 2nd PHL-TLV flight in the afternoon from Passover through Shmini Atzeret (in October), but possibly only Sunday through Thursday. Observant Jewish people will not fly from Friday at sundown through Saturday night after sunset, including travel time to/from the airport.

I flew Tower to TLV before, stopped in BRU on the way there and CDG on the way back.

SS255 said:
but possibly only Sunday through Thursday. Observant Jewish people will not fly from Friday at sundown through Saturday night after sunset, including travel time to/from the airport.

The number (percentage) of Jewish people who observe Shabbat in that way is miniscule.

About the same percentage of Christians who "keep holy the Lord's Day" by not doing any work, shopping, etc.

Now its been at least 7 yrs since I last flew thru EWR but I do remember seeing an EL AL 777  do they still run a 744 to JFK and 777 to EWR?
LY is running the 777 from EWR with a 1pm departure to TLV and the 747 for the 3 daily flights from JFK right now. My brother was on the EWR 777 rotation last week.

And NYC, to prove your point, it is getting harder and harder to find kosher restaurants in Tel Aviv because there are so few religiously observant and kosher observant people there.