Fleet Service thread IAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
the wordnow in LAS is no annocement till monday so budget can sign off on it if they don't it's back to the table..........................

Who is budget?

Maybe I misunderstood him, but the last question I asked was "So we will have something to vote on?" to which he replied "I guess"

IMHO I would think that since we have not heard anything positive or negative from the union that they are still talking or have some kind of an agreement.
I do hope its an agreement.
I will say this though for those of you wanting to keep the outsourcing out of this deal dont look for it. Just remember that they can shutdown those cities anytime they want with or without us voting for or aginst something.

Word on the street is we were thrown under the bus again......why is nobody talking? The weekend and no report........No calls from our leaders......Question ...I heard that the neg group was not all there the past few days?....hmmmm just the big C and Rich Johnson doing all the talking....Any one with more info?.................................

Assuming it's correct, I've got a few questions that are driving me nuts. Why wait to announce the "details"? Why only release "details" at first? And what is there to put together? They have the agreement, scan it and post it!

Word is not much has changed at all. The company feels since Bloch ruled in thier
favor that we as a group are open to getting an agreement in place. They are basically
sending back the same propsal minus CIC languaga and profit sharing taken out. The
company and the IAM feel we are in dire need and that a vote taken now will put the TA
in place. I'm gonna read it tomorrow (sunday) and decide what to make of it but if it is
indeed similiar to the past TA than it will be another NO vote from me and time to replace
Canale and get ready for 09'.

Remeber we did not ask to sit down at a table to talk about a TA. The company asked the IAM
to sit and in doing so has held up the West from going into section's talk. The IAM wants your dues
and the company knows this and the company wants a TA for a possible buyout or merge and the
IAM knows this. Nothing is being played above board both sides are looking out for thier best
interests and thats' fine as the company goes but the IAM is our dues paying represenitive and
they are certainly not looking out for us but for themselves, the United M&R IAM. Read this proposal
carefully and talk about it , ask questions and vote.
It's gonna bother me if indeed this is the
same proposal with a different date but same backing from our NC.

So its like this........If the east is happy it's a done deal......BUTT wait you have a vote.....
What would it take..?...
MONEY.......19.00-19.50 a hour......
VACATION.......
SICK TIME.......
SCOPE............. SELL OUT ......I ONLY CARE ABOUT ME.......
OVERTIME........
HOLIDAYS........
fill in the blanks...........
THINK ABOUT YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.......if you care...

SCOPE .....a big deal if you are affected ........we need to come together in solidarity when it affects fellow brothers and sisters.... just pretend you are in TUS ICT MCI ONT etc....or you may want to transfer some day to the affected cities once there gone its game over.....please becarfull what you vote for.......

Totally agree with you both ''solidarity and seek''. Read this propsal carefully and lets discuss
it. Do not take offense to someones questions and reason with them and in turn hope they afford you the same. To many of us ask EAST this and WEST this but I have yet to read a post from anyone
saying screw the West or screw the East. The last time I read anything even remotely similiar to
that was the ''sorry east it's going through and I'm gonna party like a rock star'' by a poster.
Thier prediction did not come to fruition but have since recanted and read the previous proposal over
again and saw the failures. Read it and ask......talk.....vote. I am more than happy to give my reasoning when I decide what to vote and in doing so I am not asking for support but rather a common goal, A common thought between people agreeing with me.

Thanks

Assuming it's correct, I've got a few questions that are driving me nuts. Why wait to announce the "details"? Why only release "details" at first? And what is there to put together? They have the agreement, scan it and post it!

The way I would put this in perspective is that the M&R results are posted monday, I think, it's a game of "coy". Let us see the M&R result and it helps the

companies cause. Most won't read the fine print, you can be sure of that. They will look at M&R and assume whats good for them is good for us. The

company is playing both ends to the middle with the help of our IAM Management. It could be Just another day in Parkerdise............

IMHO I would think that since we have not heard anything positive or negative from the union that they are still talking or have some kind of an agreement.
I do hope its an agreement.
I will say this though for those of you wanting to keep the outsourcing out of this deal dont look for it. Just remember that they can shutdown those cities anytime they want with or without us voting for or aginst something.

Actually, the cities that they want to axe cannot be shutdown "anytime" as you state. They would have already done that if it were the case. It is the goal of the Company to remove these 18-19 stations and then go for more next round of negotiations. Look what Alaska Airlines did to its Ramp staff in Seattle!! They outsourced a whole Hub of Rampers. Those that think they are immune are not. One piece of the pie at a time. Face it, outsourcing sucks, but it is looming like a VERY dark cloud for this company and the Fleet Service group is in the crosshairs unfortunately.

If the Company and the IAM think outsourcing is acceptable with the membership, please show them that we are against it and VOTE NO to any contract that contains outsourcing language. May we remind you that we are trying to preserve jobs? In-sourcing stations that were axed should be the talk at the table, not "let's see who we can throw under the bus".

I'll say it again.... any Union with any staying power will fight for each and every member's job! Instead we are seeing the leaders of our company and our union hammering out deals that inculde the potential loss of member's jobs...NOT COOL.

GIVE us a B.S. T.A. with outsourcing language and it will get voted down..........................FLUSH

BG,
"I'll say it again.... any Union with any staying power will fight for each and every member's job! Instead we are seeing the leaders of our company and our union hammering out deals that inculde the potential loss of member's jobs...NOT COOL."

COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE.

So its like this........If the east is happy it's a done deal......BUTT wait you have a vote.....
What would it take..?...
MONEY.......19.00-19.50 a hour......
VACATION.......
SICK TIME.......
SCOPE............. SELL OUT ......I ONLY CARE ABOUT ME.......
OVERTIME........
HOLIDAYS........
fill in the blanks...........
THINK ABOUT YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.......if you care...

DOH or it's a no vote from me! DOH is going to come in mighty handy when the next merger happens and we are involved in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back