IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ive been quiet here for a while Im sure much to the pleasure of most but as we get close to hopfully getting a new T/A to vote for I thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.
As far as the outsourcing goes I agree that it should not be done and have said what our NC should try and do is compromise on the cities there asking to outsource and give up only 9.
I know its hard for those who are in those cities but we all know this is a tough industry to work in as is any place in this country. I say welcome to the real world. In case you didnt know this a job is not a right in this country.
The other thing is we need a raise very much and we need to get it now. Not 2 years from not 3 years from now but NOW.
The COC language sucks dont care if its there or not. I like Jester dont feel there is going to be another merger for a while so why fret over this and think they need this deal in order to get one.
Profit sharing is now going to be worthless since it doesnt appear we will make one this year.
I want real dollars now, our insurance cost are high but check out other companies and there cost.
We still have some of the best coverage and least cost.
We are knocking our heads over shortsited items, I think and we need a fair agreement.
I say once again though, I for one dont have any faith that our current NC will be able to figure that out so, I will actually be surprised if we get anything.

At least, you can get family insurance! I have little sympathy for East on this matter as the vast majority of West FS are part-time, and thus, they are not eligible for family insurance. So what's the cost to insure just one family member? About $300 per person without group plan. Easties have the option of family insurance regardless of part-time or full-time status. So you are better off there. Your complaint of paying $300 is negated by just one family member having to pay for outside coverage.

I know of one fellow employee who pays over $189 a pay for his family, thats' $4,600 a year
out of his pay. He is a full time employee and most if not all recent hires have declined to participate
in the companys insurance program. Many ''East'' employees, FT / PT, have taken on second jobs
to supplement thier insurance needs. Many work at UPS or another facilitiy to help with thier ins.
needs, so be careful. Remember in the last TA the company proposed and the IAM agreed that the
company could eliminate the FT to PT ratio that we currently have. Saying as plain as can be more PT
and in doing so keeping everyone paying high costs for insurance or electing to go without coverage.
I'm not asking for your sympathy and I haven't read one post seeking that but I am telling you the
raise you see as a cash cow will never see the net box at the bottom of your check. The deduction
side will far out number the gross side.

Thanks

Quote: Jester

And finally, no one is buying another large player in this industry until there is another US Airways type bankruptcy meltdown that saved their butts 3 years ago. The industry has seen the ugly problems with our pilots, there is little money to fund deals given the current credit crunch for the next few years, and with the pending liquidation of three small airlines this week the capacity is coming down on its own. Furthermore, I predict there will be a couple more smaller bankruptcies in the near future and like those last week, and only the vultures will be around to pick at the bones. So my job on the bag room couch is safe for awhile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Jester…

(Bear with me Moderators… this is relevant to IAM Fleet.)

The premise of the complete evaporation of the current industry trend regarding future Airline Mergers, simply because a few smaller… weaker, (Less capitol on hand) carriers have shut down is unfounded.

I do not claim to be an expert harbinger in this subject… however, Fleet must have adequate language in future CBA's, in the likely event that any such Mergers or Acquisitions take place in the future.

Further… remember, the Company keeps calling the IAM back to the table for a reason!

Believe me... they are not asking to get these Transition Negations over with out of the kindness of their hearts! They (The Company) must have their internal affairs in order to pursue future deals!

Lastly … if we (LCC) are not involved in one way, or the other in Airline Industry Consolidation, by this time in 2009 (Aprils Fools Day).

I will personally send yahh ahh quart of Eastern BBQ from the “BBQ Capitol
Of The World “ … Lexington, NC...That yahh can contently consume fer lunch,
intha comfort of yer bag-room couch !

So wagers... Roabilly

I wonder if the NC knows about the NEW AIP for the execs. It just disgusts me how they flaunt their riches to the world, but when it comes to the employees, they cry poverty. :rant: :angry2: :rant:

If the company can afford this program, it would presume then, that an "industry standard" contract would be attainable. We will see.

If a T/A is reached, be aware of the "smoke & mirrors". Look at the shiny object in the left hand, while the right hand steals you blind. Read it carefully. If one is agreed upon that is.

So... yet another week of Negotiations coming to an end...hmmm. What is on the plate for dinner tonight? Almost 3 years into this mess and it never seems to change much. Nothing to look forward to really. Will tell you this (and it seems the Company and the IAM don't get it still)... ANY OUTSOURCING LANGUAGE IN ANY T.A. WILL GET VOTED DOWN.

You see, D.P. and cronies spelled out this majestic merger almost 3 years ago and glorified all the jobs that would be recalled and nobody would LOSE their jobs, yet during these negotiations, it is clear the Company is quite contrary to that "promise". They REALLY want to axe the West field stations.

I ain't going for that!!! I didn't stick with this crap for this long only to lose my job.

Note to Company and IAM: NO OUTSOURCING LANGUAGE IN T.A. (if so, your negotiations will again be fruitless). Nobody gets thrown under the bus... we are ALL enduring this crap WEST and EAST with different hardships on either side of the fence, but the fence is down and the solidarity is there!! Vote any piece of S**T T.A. down to the ground and burn it!

Whatever was discussed at the table im sure was just a bunch of blah blah cost nuetral same ol stuff.

Recently I found a better way and got a 2nd job with decent pay and still work parttime hours at US for the health care benefits and am much happier now. I think this industry is going to be in very sad shape for a long time. I heard that even Southwest is going to have some layoffs soon.

At least, you can get family insurance! I have little sympathy for East on this matter as the vast majority of West FS are part-time, and thus, they are not eligible for family insurance. So what's the cost to insure just one family member? About $300 per person without group plan. Easties have the option of family insurance regardless of part-time or full-time status. So you are better off there. Your complaint of paying $300 is negated by just one family member having to pay for outside coverage.

First, IF it's a majority (I'm not certain, but pretty sure it's close to 50/50) it's not a "vast majority". Second, there are some West part timers that have dependant coverage. Third, the reason (according to the TWU) new (post '91 hire) part timers don't have dependant coverage in the West was due to the bankruptcy in '91. Apparantly the Company could not give one workgroup part time coverage without giving it to all.

As for this LTD and STD, I have never heard of it in the years I have been there. Not to say it doesn't have value, but I also know that worker's comp is available for all legal employees nationwide, per law. Maybe our Company or our union should explain this better to fleet service?

Well, if you're a West employee and haven't heard of LTD/STD leave your computer and don't come back until you've read the contract. It's got it's own section. Second, workmans comp doesn't cover off the job injuries. Sure it can be "made" to happen on the job, but that's insurance fraud, a felony in most States.

First, IF it's a majority (I'm not certain, but pretty sure it's close to 50/50) it's not a "vast majority". Second, there are some West part timers that have dependant coverage. Third, the reason (according to the TWU) new (post '91 hire) part timers don't have dependant coverage in the West was due to the bankruptcy in '91. Apparantly the Company could not give one workgroup part time coverage without giving it to all.

Well, if you're a West employee and haven't heard of LTD/STD leave your computer and don't come back until you've read the contract. It's got it's own section. Second, workmans comp doesn't cover off the job injuries. Sure it can be "made" to happen on the job, but that's insurance fraud, a felony in most States.

Not even remotely close to 50/50 unless you are counting FTE's vs. actual head count between part and full-time. Why don't you, sir, get off your own computer find a seniority list lying around a break room and make a count for yourself in either PHX or LAS? (By the way, FTEs = "Full Time Equivalents" whereby 200 P/T workers @ 20 Hours per week = 100 F/T workers @ 40 Hours per week. They are "equal" insofar total hours of 4,000 hours, but the number of part-time people are DOUBLE the amount of full-time people.) In reality, the part-time to full-time head count ratio is closer to 70/30 and since the West hubs probably account for 90% of all West ramp agents; I am confident in saying "vast majority".

As for the contract, our union reps don't even bother giving out the TWU copies in new classes and they are nearly impossible to find. I guess I was naive enough to chuck mine out when I figure two years ago we would be working under the IAM contract by now. In fact, I have even tried to find a copy of it online to no avail as the TWU website dumped us a long time ago. On the other hand, why don't you stay on your computer and post the weblink for the West TWU contract?

Yeah, there are "some" West part-time who have family benefits.... those hired PRIOR to 1991???? I might be able to name three of those people off the top of my head. Gee, you got me on that argument! Let's see you find an example of a handful versus the "vast majority" of the hundreds part-timers who aren't remotely close to a hire date of 1991? You claim that the "Company could not give one workgroup part time coverage without giving it to all," but yet that same Company does it now under the East IAM contract?!

Oh, My Aching Head! Where's my bag room couch?

Simply Jester.

Why don't you, sir, get off your own computer find a seniority list lying around a break room and make a count for yourself in either PHX or LAS?

I'm not gonna drive 15 miles to work just for that.

I guess I was naive enough to chuck mine out

Naive isn't exactly the word I'd use.

Yeah, there are "some" West part-time who have family benefits.... those hired PRIOR to 1991???? I might be able to name three of those people off the top of my head.

Maybe you should get off the couch in the bagroom and meet some of your coworkers. Some of them are nice people.

There, I think I did that without personal attacks.

Hi All! Loving vacation but need to be in touch. So! The mechanics have till Tuesday the 8th to hear results of their TA. Old guys vs new guys will have to deal with this. And, now our original NC for fleet hearings March 31st-April 3rd are going overtime.

I was ecstatic to hear the vote went forward for mechanics, but now realize the accurate vote count is around the 8th. Could we be looking at our own survival?

So! Into the night our committee will go for Fleet. So! Waiting for the email from the 141.

Got to admit US AIRWAYS is really keeping their head above water against the mess of the economy and global glut!

Anyone been reading the other airline forums including ATA? What a web these airlines weave!

ATA Demise Deprives US Military Of Largest Civilian Carrier
Word Count: 506

CHICAGO (Dow Jones)--The collapse of ATA Airlines Inc. on Thursday has deprived the U.S. military of its largest civilian air carrier.

The Indianapolis airline filed for bankruptcy protection and ceased all operations Thursday morning, blaming the "unexpected" termination of a military transport subcontract overseen by FedEx Corp. (FDX).

ATA said it was the largest provider of transport for U.S. military personnel and their families under the program run by the Air Mobility Command, or AMC, of the U.S. Air Force.

FedEx was unable to comment on whether it would ask other airlines to fill the gap left by ATA.

ATA

And we think we have problems at US AIRWAYS! REMEMBER NAFTA and how airlines play into global competition. You have to probably start thinking our CEO: outside of being a Ba#####! is a real player and maybe one of the best. I always thought this company was likened to a J***** father that never gave much of an allowance. Had one father like that ourselves. But! In the end everyone comes out a winner.l

got this from another thread. Sorry if you already read it . but found interesting in case some haven't

"In a nutshell, I find the "targets" and the corresponding bonus "awards" very interesting. For example, these individuals are eligible for cash bonuses of up to 200% of their base salaries, based on a number of performance results (baggage complaints vs. our "peer" airlines...which oddly enough comprises the smallest portion of the award!, on time results, etc.) and financial results (you might think stock price would be a factor?) Clever that the BASE measure for the stock price just happens to be near a 52 week low, and will then compare to where it is three years from now... why not 1 year from now?

So here is where the heartburn settles in.... IF we finish #1 among our peer group (consisting of 12 airlines) then the exec.s "win" a bonus of up to 200% of their salary. If we finish exactly IN THE MIDDLE of the group (that would be an "average" performance for most of us!) then the Senior VP collects an extra 70%, the Exec. VP pockets an extra 100%, the Pres grabs an extra 115% whilst our "esteemed" CEO walks with a cool 125% above and beyond his normal salary. AND THIS IS THEIR TARGET... to finish DEAD MIDDLE of the pack! If we finish in the BOTTOM 1/3 of the pack, these folks STILL receive an EXTRA 30% (SVP), 43% (EVP), 49% (Pres) and 54% (CEO)! I believe in the past Mr. Parker referred to these and other bonuses as "at risk income."

So maybe our next contract should follow the same intelligent thinking; If a flight departs OR arrives "on time," ("average" or targeted times by the company) then all crewmembers should receive bonuses of: 70% for all F/A's beside the "A"; 100% for the "A" F/A; 115% for the F/O; and 125% for the CAP. If we depart or arrive ahead of schedule, the bonuses go up. If we fall to a point of departing or arriving no later than 2 of our 3 "competitors" (or 8 of 12) than we should still collect an extra 30%, 43%, 49% and 54% ABOVE our base salaries."

Now think about that before voting on a substandard contract. IT doesn't seem that high oil prices and recession have any factor
on these bozos getting more off the backs of frontline employees that actually keep this sinking ship afloat .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back