Ground Handling News?

I did think about it

I'm also all for the payscales to be the same as M/L. I didn't say it would happen, I just said I'd be all for it.

because there is a side letter in our contract that would be activated to negotiate regional-like wages for mainline employees(which I never agreed with.. but that is beside the point its there..) it wouldnt be long until those types of wages were asked by all employees one way or another..

...And why not? we wouldn't be the first carrier to so.

These aren't 19 seat turboprops we're talking about. What's the difference between the E75 and the DC9-10's we used to fly? You really think those two seats make that big of a leap one way or the other?

I prefer to work soley for a mainline operation, while fully understanding the need for regional services (on a separate certificate)

I just happen to think that 76 & 90 seat planes that are flying routes that M/L *used* to fly should be part of that operation.

well I dont agree..

"used" to...we "used" to have 12000 Flight Attendants at NW...to compensate for all that flying we used to have... with buyouts and retirements..the bankruptcy.. its all different now...it changed, will change again...

but that doesnt mean we should have regional jets merged onto a mainline certificate because a DC9 is now a regional jet on a particular route..especially when a side letter will automatically activite to negotiate regional wages.. nine months prior to a regional aircraft being introduced into the mainline fleet...(I still shake my head everytime I see that letter in our contract..)

well I dont agree..

"used" to...we "used" to have 12000 Flight Attendants at NW...to compensate for all that flying we used to have... with buyouts and retirements..the bankruptcy.. its all different now...it changed, will change again...

but that doesnt mean we should have regional jets merged onto a mainline certificate because a DC9 is now a regional jet on a particular route..especially when a side letter will automatically activite to negotiate regional wages.. nine months prior to a regional aircraft being introduced into the mainline fleet...(I still shake my head everytime I see that letter in our contract..)

I didn't know about that side letter... I can see where you're coming from there. With that said, I still say the "E family" is viable as a M/L fleet type. Obviously, new language would have to be worked out (and, again, this is all hypothetical), but still...

I didn't know about that side letter... I can see where you're coming from there. With that said, I still say the "E family" is viable as a M/L fleet type. Obviously, new language would have to be worked out (and, again, this is all hypothetical), but still...

its that side letter...

not because a larger regional jet such as the E190 isnt a viable alternative..actually those larger E jets are basically the same size as a DC9...

the side letter
allows any small jet/regional that seats 77 up to 110 beginning the negotiation process of "regional-like" wages.. if they were introduced into mainline operations..

any regional paid "mainline" flight crew would evenutally spill over to the ground crews..or they would ask for that and stick to that request...

we have OPR that has been dormant in our contract for nearly 10 years and is now being activated in 2009... there is a planned reason why language is in the contract...and it needs to be re-evaluated and "re-worded" as one word can change the entire meaning..

in this case they need to change "regional-like" to "mainline"..

anyhoo!

Wow. That's some interesting stuff there.
I thought that anything over 76 or so seats was considered "mainline". Didn't know about that.
I guess the DC 9's are more than 100 seats (the smallest one -the 30), so that puts the E-jets in the category of "Regional" then. This makes things difficult, and thank goodness for your scope clause.

This changes a lot of things since you Compass has quite a few E-jets. How many FA's work these?

Anyway, thanks also for clearing my last question up about the flight crews with the new DL painted planes.

Actually, I hoping that things go well for you guys, and the merger will be successful. This may prove to be a template for the next merger (GOD, I hope we don't merge with UA -- let's be friends first, but don't marry :rolleyes: )

I just heard that Aramark was awarded the combined DL/NW below wing work at PVD.
Who the heck are they????? So who is losing their jobs? Did OH service PVD? What about 9E? Is M/L service provided there by either NWA/DL?
Has anyone else verified DL is visiting cities that have yet to be announced?

Wow. That's some interesting stuff there.
I thought that anything over 76 or so seats was considered "mainline". Didn't know about that.
I guess the DC 9's are more than 100 seats (the smallest one -the 30), so that puts the E-jets in the category of "Regional" then. This makes things difficult, and thank goodness for your scope clause.

the wording is should they "acquire" small jets configured with 77 to 110 seats...that would be any new type of aircraft introduced, not necessarily what they already have incorporated in the fleet at this time, such as the DC9.

I recall there was talk of a CSeries regional jet..that is probably what it was intended for (the letter) however it does not exclude any type of small jet it just states "small jets"..

This changes a lot of things since you Compass has quite a few E-jets. How many FA's work these?
I believe the minimum crew is two FAs.

Anyway, thanks also for clearing my last question up about the flight crews with the new DL painted planes.

Actually, I hoping that things go well for you guys, and the merger will be successful. This may prove to be a template for the next merger (GOD, I hope we don't merge with UA -- let's be friends first, but don't marry :rolleyes: )
its just the not knowing that is concerning, hopefully all outstanding issues are settled..eventually..

BTW.. I have always had positive travel experiences on CAL..so thank you!

BTW.. I have always had positive travel experiences on CAL..so thank you!

As have I when I travel on NW. I always get a seat when I travel to MEM, on the DC9.
Great staff who is very helpful (to a non-rev from another airline like me,) ....... and I'm gonna miss the Pepsi too. :eek:

As have I when I travel on NW. I always get a seat when I travel to MEM, on the DC9.
Great staff who is very helpful (to a non-rev from another airline like me,) ....... and I'm gonna miss the Pepsi too. :eek:
DEFINITELY MISS THE PEPSI PRODUCTS!!!!

Who the heck are they????? So who is losing their jobs? Did OH service PVD? What about 9E? Is M/L service provided there by either NWA/DL?
Has anyone else verified DL is visiting cities that have yet to be announced?

In PVD, NW was completely outsourced (1-2 years ago??) to ATS (Airport Terminal Services). DL below wing has been Aramark services now for a while (was ATS for a while, was Ogden years ago, etc.). PVD has never had OH or 9E ground handling, but has had OH flights as part of DL. NW has 4 mainlines to DTW, 1 Mesaba CR9 to MSP. DL has 4 ASA to ATL and 3 Freedom 145's to CVG. The new combined operation will apparently be what DL PVD is now: M/L ATO/gate/BSO and Aramark ramp, wheelchair service and curbside. ATS folks will lose their jobs, though it is very likely that most of them that want to stay can apply and will catch on with Aramark.

Anybody knows who is doing the work in SGF?
I usually fly there on Pinnacle (from MEM), and I also know that Delta Connection flies there too.

Just curious..........