Ground Handling News?

Thanks for the answer. Will ATL/JFK have enough agents to
handle the new flights or will they open the cities up to transfer?

Not sure about JFK, but ATL has already awarded several FT and lead spots to cover the new work. Rumor has it there are more ( a lot more) to come, but that's not definite yet, so take it for what it's worth...

By the way, at the risk of sounding pedantic, at NW cities are always "open" to transfer to. If you want to go to city XXX, you just submit what's called a system preference bid. When a position comes open, if you're the senior employee with a request on file, off you go.

You guys better wake up and smell the coffee…
Sounds like the merged airline will miss mainline ground handling along with a lot of small and midsize inside customer service agents. I guess time will tell. Either you negotiate or not. TODAY TOMORROW ARE THE FUTURE

All of us on the NWA side of the house are wide awake and on our 4th or 5th cup already...

The DL'ers that think going non-union is a great idea are either ignorant of what that means for MANY of their new co-workers, or simply don't care.

Some family...

All of us on the NWA side of the house are wide awake and on our 4th or 5th cup already...

The DL'ers that think going non-union is a great idea are either ignorant of what that means for MANY of their new co-workers, or simply don't care.

Some family...
Any news on any more cities being awarded ground handling? It's been kinda quiet lately!?

It has been kinda quiet... Too quiet, really.

I haven't heard anything new in some time...
Kev...a question for you.....a what if.....What would be the ramifications of stapling compass and pinicle to the bottom of the maerged carrier. Bringing on those employees or some of them by hiring them like they are doing with Skywest ground people in SLC aboard. How would the ground handling distrabution look like? You seem to know alot on this subject .

Kev...a question for you.....a what if.....What would be the ramifications of stapling compass and pinicle to the bottom of the maerged carrier. Bringing on those employees or some of them by hiring them like they are doing with Skywest ground people in SLC aboard. How would the ground handling distrabution look like? You seem to know alot on this subject .

Compass does not have any ground workers. I don't think you would need to staple anyone per se, as they'd be at the bottom by default if they hired on with M/L (like in SLC).

The distribution itself probably wouldn't change too much, as there are very few cities on the DL side where Comair does both above and below wing work. Pinnacle cities would add a few more into the mix (eg. LIT, DAY).

If you wanted to throw Skywest in the mix (even though they're not wholly owned), you'd see the return to M/L of some smaller west coast cities like GEG & BOI. It should be noted that these were cities that were M/L for NWA until BK (actually, we worked the ramp for DL for quite some time)...

I don't see DL merging Pinnacle employees under any group - including RHS, DGS, etc - since 9E is a non-wholly owned carrier. If RHS is going to be like DGS, I'd hope and pray 9E would pass on the offer to be merged or combined. They'd be better off working what few ground ops cities they were awarded.

Me either. The way I read Metopower's post was as a hypothetical "what if" scenario....

Find out the fate of your city yet?
Kev....another question for you. What if Compass where merged into Delta ? That way Delta can get the e 170 through e195 on property .Boeing was a major force in stopping the usair takeover bid. I am sure that some promises were made about future aircraft orders .After the merger all aircraft are on the table except for the e series for mainline. Under that scenario what do you think the outcome would look like ?

Kev....another question for you. What if Compass where merged into Delta ?

Well, CP is already wholly owned. Do you mean merged onto the M/L certificate? I'm all for that scenario. I think the E70 could be an excellent "entry level" type for pilots, sort of like FE's were long ago, or how the DC9 right seat is now at NW. Currently, there's a flow through for NW pilots. The E70 is already being used to replace flying formerly done by DC9's, as well as open new routes that can't support mainline (eg. DTW-MTY). I would imagine that the E195 could replace the DC9-40's and to some extent, the -50's.

Since you mention USAir, you may find the parallels interesting. If you take their restructuring, and just replace "Mid Atlantic" with "Compass," you'll see that it's almost the exact same thing. Neil Cohen is nothing if not consistent.

Me either. The way I read Metopower's post was as a hypothetical "what if" scenario....

Find out the fate of your city yet?
Nada...9e employees are still waiting...as are OH employees...as are the families of the employees of both airlines. Don't know how many more cities are left. At last announcement, phase III cities were being implemented but not sure if any of those have been announced..

merging regional jets onto the mainline certificate?

really think about that...

I did think about it.

I'm also all for the payscales to be the same as M/L. I didn't say it would happen, I just said I'd be all for it.

...And why not? we wouldn't be the first carrier to so.

These aren't 19 seat turboprops we're talking about. What's the difference between the E75 and the DC9-10's we used to fly? You really think those two seats make that big of a leap one way or the other?

Latest posts