IAM Fleet Service Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It comes down to the "principle". Hello doesn't anyone get it? Doesn't this dishonest vote show you that this is a bum deal setup by the company/IAM?!!! If we can't even have a honest vote what sense of dignity is there? If there was ever a time to hold strong and vote this TA down it was now! And no the majority wasn't able to speak..Phx was able to vote all day even during their scheduled shift hours at the airport terminal while east coast hubs had to vote off site after work. You have to take a stand against the company and show that you are not one of Dougies cost nuetral puppets, this was our chance we had the leverage and now its gone!

Probationary employees are allowed to vote in representation elections. Can someone point out what rule stated that probationary employees couldn't vote in this vote?

I have no clue if probationary employees are suppoed to vote or not. I KNOW non dues payers can't, and it's likely some did. But to say a majority said yes so it's a done deal is wrong. Rules and standards exist so things are done the same every time. Canale used this to invalidate numerous nominations, including mine. As I've been told the nomination was voided because my Local did a stand up vote where people stood up for their vote on each person and did not vote on paper. Canale was even there and did nothing to stop this knowing it was wrong. So my vote for a nomination doens't count but some non payers vote on a contract does? WTF? No, if the vote was done wrong, the vote should be voided. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

if they paid their intiation and are paying dues which starts 60 days after they are hired they can vote, that is what I understand.

Call Mike Wipinsinger at the IAM HDQ and he can tell you the actual policy.

700Uw is correct that was the info I got from our Comm Chair. So stop the conspiracy theories.

Its over at least we think. Still nothing official from IAM

I don't have a conspiracy theory but anyone who doesnt see this vote as tainted is just plain stupid

I don't have a conspiracy theory but anyone who doesnt see this vote as tainted is just plain stupid

Im just amazed at how when your side doesnt win you come up with all kinds of excuses as to why. Everyone had there chance to vote noone put a gun to there head and told them to stay home.
The info was out ther for all to see when it was taking place.
So get over it and move on.

Besides maybe since we havent seen anything official maybe the no votes did win.
So all your complaining will all be for not.

so you see nothing wrong with the obvious No station have to go off from the airport to vote and many can''t vote during their shift while the big Yes station with longer voting hrs and voting right on site? Get a clue Fuzz

Just to put all this to rest......the election was rigged and I did it......we totally put the screws to you guys in philly and clt.....and we're still laughing about how you are all still whining, please keep it up.....oh, and the June elections are all already set so don't even bother voting in that one either.....and the presidential election too.....and instead of closing all the stations everywhere out west, I'm gonna close up philly and clt....thanks and have a nice day

it figures that the whole thing was rigged just as the iam clowns are that are set to be ousted in june

so you see nothing wrong with the obvious No station have to go off from the airport to vote and many can''t vote during their shift while the big Yes station with longer voting hrs and voting right on site? Get a clue Fuzz
The polls are open for 12 hours to give everyone an opportunity to vote.

cltrat and henderfuzz,

Im just amazed at how when your side doesnt win you come up with all kinds of excuses as to why. Everyone had there chance to vote noone put a gun to there head and told them to stay home.
The info was out ther for all to see when it was taking place.
So get over it and move on.

This vote was tainted because of how the voting went down. TWU mails a ballot to every employees home. I know PHX very well and if the vote would have been at the lodge instead of the international terminal, you can cut that number down to maybe 150 to 250 votes instead of the 657 we got.

It turned out the way I hoped but I am disappointed with the IAM that they didn't allow everyone to vote the same way system wide. However, east guys maybe a bylaw change at the International to mail ballots to every employee in a vote.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

After seeing all this shouldn't a light go off in ones head and say "HEY MAYBE THIS TA IS A BIG HOSE JOB"?!!!

cltrat and henderfuzz,

It turned out the way I hoped but I am disappointed with the IAM that they didn't allow everyone to vote the same way system wide. However, east guys maybe a bylaw change at the International to mail ballots to every employee in a vote.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

P. Rez
Great idea! Now the first step in doing that is getting rid of Randy Canale and incumbents. It starts with the June vote.

You want fair elections get everyone to vote New Direction 08. The bylaw can be changed but you need the leadership that will fight for you not against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back