IAM makes play for scab representation

What makes them think that we need or want their involement in our safety? I think that we are fully capable of taking care of ourselves.
You are absolutely right....You shouldn't sign something you totally do not agree with (unionism)....
Let's just see how you do when the goon squad (IAM) comes asking for you to sign the card. Bet you fold and sign away your life......... :eek:
Keep us posted. ;)

Has the IAM ever crossed an IAM picket line (yet)??? :p

OH yes it has. In fact District 143 has scabbed against, wait for it, District 143. Gotta love it. Last year AS Ramp people in SEA represented by IAM District 143 were locked out. Since AS codeshares with NW at SEA bags are frequently handed off between the 2 carriers so NW ESE's represented by IAM District 143 would have to scab against their own district to touch those bags as they would in fact fall under the generally accepted definition of "struck work" way to go Bobby. Oh yeah when I pointed this out in an email to Bobby and my GC I was ignored.

OH yes it has. In fact District 143 has scabbed against, wait for it, District 143. Gotta love it. Last year AS Ramp people in SEA represented by IAM District 143 were locked out. Since AS codeshares with NW at SEA bags are frequently handed off between the 2 carriers so NW ESE's represented by IAM District 143 would have to scab against their own district to touch those bags as they would in fact fall under the generally accepted definition of "struck work" way to go Bobby. Oh yeah when I pointed this out in an email to Bobby and my GC I was ignored.
Maybe you guys need to create an "IAMwatch.com" and talk smack about IAM there.

A couple of the AMFA Scabs went to all three zones asking who had signed for the IAM. No one had nor had anyone heard about it other than a few guys that had read it in the paper. They didn't make it over to the hanger but if 275 mehanics had signed cards you would think someone would know something about it. I think this is a BS story. Somebody got suckered to let this go to print. How does a card drive work?

A couple of the AMFA Scabs went to all three zones asking who had signed for the IAM. No one had nor had anyone heard about it other than a few guys that had read it in the paper. They didn't make it over to the hanger but if 275 mehanics had signed cards you would think someone would know something about it. I think this is a BS story. Somebody got suckered to let this go to print. How does a card drive work?

You can't expect to get a straight answer from a bunch of cowards. When the IAM negotiated the concession agreement in 93 and it was approved by the rank and file you couldn't seem to find anyone who voted for it. A few of us who were honest enough to admit voting for it were soundly chastised but it was our IAM leadership that came into the ready rooms and told us that it was either vote for it or nwa would bo under. Well the first quater after the concessions saw nwa $300m in the black. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I vowed right then never to vote yes on the first vote ever again. Except for the vote to oust the IAM...that vote was a no-brainer.
Now that all the ex-IAM crybabies are back at work at nwa its just like old times. I hope you will be happy with IAM representation..oh and the dues deduction from your pay.

You will never ever get straight answers from the worthless IAM. Just you wait until you are a member of the IAM. Wait you might even get a promotion to an AGC or higher! You would fit right in. The iam is nothing but a scab union anyway. and the dues will be sky high.
USAIR F/S are paying 46.10 a check, 92.20 per month for full timers dues. part time dues are about 41 bucks or 82 a month. just wait there scab and the iam will come to you and ask you to sign up

No one pays $92 a month for dues.

Where are you pulling these figures from?

No one pays $92 a month for dues.

Where are you pulling these figures from?
I know a few friends who work fleet service in phl. that is where the figs come from. may be you can tell us better than us cause i m not in the union anymore. so i dont know really knopw what the true figures are just what i was told by a few friends in phl

I am telling you no one in fleet pays that much, they pay $46.10 per month more then likely, someone gave you the wrong information.

How does a card drive work?

For someone who is as vocally Antiunion and opinionated on the subject as you are, I not only find this question idiotic but down right shameful.

If your really that interested, why not ask one of your AMFA scab buddies to break it down for ya?

Is ti true that the IAM is trying to organize the scab mechanics at NW?

The ground workers union at Northwest Airlines Inc. wants to organize the company's mechanics, hired to replace those who went on strike in August.

The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers is collecting signatures from 275 Northwest mechanics who work at Detroit Metro Airport to prompt an election so those mechanics can have a chance to vote in the IAM as their union.

See Story / Detroit Free Press

Bottom Feeders! :down:

linemech

Latest posts

Back