June - IAM Fleet Service Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, did Tim just out an alter ego? lol.

Tim was boasting how he had CLT, PHL and PHX locked up yet he lost each city.

Yes Tim did.

TN was telling everyone +1500 was his goal for PHL, PHX and CLT. What I hear is he won by a couple in PHL, lost by a few in PHX and not sure on CLT so unless he got +1500 in CLT his goals were a little on the unrealistic side. Get real Nelson.

I'm not Neslon. And we all fell short. More disappointing is the lack of turnout. 85% percent here in FLL showed up and voted. Less than 30 % in the hubs

Thats RICH dog. So Mr. Nelson in your opinion is the reason members did not come out and vote? Or are you just blaming me?

Thats RICH dog. So Mr. Nelson in your opinion is the reason members did not come out and vote? Or are you just blaming me?

Lets just get back on track. I would guess there are 3 reasons for the results so far IMO.

1). Majority of the non voters are part timers and really don't care. Come to work and then go to their next job.

2). Karens' Ticket offers a little more than Tims'.

3). The voters understand that its the wrong time for change. Although change is sometimes good! Just not this time.

The Aggragate of votes so far

141/r ......The most!

LFP...........1/2 as much!

Occupy......1/2 as much more!

As we have gone through the first two weeks of this election one common thread from most of the stations, particularly the hubs, is low turnout from the membership. As I originally stated, with my Fleet Service Apathy post months ago, it remains the common problem within the membership. Throughout this campaign I have witnessed, with station visits, a very fragmented and divided Fleet Service group. IMO... the leadership team that wins this election needs to find a way to fix this and build solidarity among the group. This should be priority #1. For without solidarity we stand to gain nothing... regardless of who gets elected. The company loves to negotiate contracts and resolve grievances with representatives of a divided and apathetic membership. For the common good we must unite, engage and support our elected leadership.
ograc

Lets just get back on track. I would guess there are 3 reasons for the results so far IMO.

1). Majority of the non voters are part timers and really don't care. Come to work and then go to their next job.

2). Karens' Ticket offers a little more than Tims'.

3). The voters understand that its the wrong time for change. Although change is sometimes good! Just not this time.

The Aggragate of votes so far

141/r ......The most!

LFP...........1/2 as much!

Occupy......1/2 as much more!
mike 33,
who knows what the final results will be. But in the end, based on your calculations, the dissension votes combined together with the opposition teams running, out number the votes for the current team. IMO... If 141/r is elected, or any other leadership team, they need to address and resolve the issues that are creating dissention and a divided membership. Building solidarity among the membership is the foundation to future gains.
ograc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back