Will the IAM now start to represent fleet service?

dbcooper

Nov 5, 2003
The IAM tried to pull a fast one on fleet service and and was soundly rebuffed. They did this in a poor attempt at improving the lot of West employees and to the severe detriment of East employees. The message from fleet service should be very clear and the IAM had better be making fast tracks to every ramp breakroom convincing everyone that the IAM did in fact get the message. If they do not do that, probably anything else they do will be illigetimate and viewed with much suspicion by the rank and file.

note to the IAM:
DO NOT GIVE AWAY THE CHANGE OF CONTROL. THE MEMBERS UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT IS IT. DOES THE IAM?

The IAM tried to pull a fast one on fleet service and and was soundly rebuffed. They did this in a poor attempt at improving the lot of West employees and to the severe detriment of East employees. The message from fleet service should be very clear and the IAM had better be making fast tracks to every ramp breakroom convincing everyone that the IAM did in fact get the message. If they do not do that, probably anything else they do will be illigetimate and viewed with much suspicion by the rank and file.

note to the IAM:
DO NOT GIVE AWAY THE CHANGE OF CONTROL. THE MEMBERS UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT IS IT. DOES THE IAM?
This brutal blow to Boss Canale/company by the large turnout of workers who are 'fed up' and voted no, should serve notice that solidarity is strong on the your property, and the decision is clear.....bring back a fair and equitable contract as the workers move forward with arbitration.

Certainly a big no vote is heard by parker and the BOD as they continue to scramble to avoid the plague [insert arbitration here]. But getting the IAM's Canale to see and hear is a whole entirely different matter. IMO, he is preoccupied with his interest of United airlines. I think he would like to see a United deal so he's compelled to get a quick T/A and throw arbitration and a fair contract under the bus. Nonetheless, the No vote has secured the arbitration date and kept Boss Canale accountable to move forward. FWIW: the IAM really drifts and floats away from the working men and women when they aren't forced to be accountable. But I suppose that is true with most organizations.

My hope is that Boss Canale 'snaps out of it' when he puts out the press clipping about the vote. Something like, "The membership is clear, this contract was not 'fair and equitable' and the IAM will be right there for them in obtaining a fair and equitable contract as we move forward with our focus on arbitration." I hope he is the mouthpiece of the workers as opposed to your company's mouthpiece, but that may be a bit much to ask for.

Unfortunately, IMO, the IAM is super close to the company so it
usually embarasses the heck out of its members by making their members sound like dumba**es in the press. Last contract rejection, the IAM said something like the members were just confused, That supported your company's position by Seigal I believe, instead of siding with its very own members and the voting outcome.

I'd expect Boss Canale will ask your company what to say, so don't expect some 'rah rah labor speech'. There is solidarity on the property and it can be sustained and has been networked. So regardless of Canale's deperate attempt to void arbitration through means of an inequitable contract, I'd suspect that the networked workgroup will continue to hold him accountable through their networked workgroup.

[email protected]
And in case 700 doesn't know, that's my email address

regards,

note to the IAM:

if you want to change the iam , the first item on the agenda is better communication , right now there is next to none , and it's all top down ...

i might suggest an IAM message board for IAM memebers on the IAM webcite to discuss concernes and different issues . Also if us airways and captain prater can use video to get across their point i see no reason our union cant either ... it is neither hard nor expensive to film something , hell if its too hard to intergrate on our IAM webcite they could use YOU TUBE...
Perhaps it's time for a new commucations officer , our IAM141 webcite isnt special and is rarely updated . It would be nice to read articles on the webcite that affect US AIRWAYS fleet service workers . Correct me if i'm wrong , but isnt this the future?

Communication is key .

:censored:

while i support the IAM , i can still hold it accountable .

Well if the IAM doesn't start to represent Fleet Service I'm sure someone will.
Right now I think Fleet service is representing itself collectively with the IAM as its legal crutch.

If solidarity can be sustained, then, fair and equitable treatment of fleet service is a possibility. Usually the IAM plays station against station. This time, stations saw through it.

regards,

I think Mr. Canale should take notice and realize he might
be working his way out of a job. He isn't listening to the
fleet workforce at least not at Usairways. They struck down
this TA big time, against the IAM reassurance that this was a good
deal, and all the security it gave us. WAKE UP, He and all who signed
off on this should apologize for not listening. Do not bring back what you
deem fair bring back what we deem fair. You are elected or in some cases
appointed to represent our best interests not yours and maybe just maybe
you forgot that. If you can't do the job step aside and let someone else
try. You need us, we can replace you. As for now were waiting....sorry
seems to be so hard for you to say....When I read this proposal I couldn't
wrap my head around the fact that reasonably intellegent men thought this
was fair or good. I'll help you out so take out your pencils and write this down
''The company has reported a profit for 7 consecutive quarters'' we insured
that through agreeing on concessions while facing or in chapter 11. Now were out
and even though were making profits you still see fit to give things back. This
proposal should be about plus's not minus's . GET IT..LISTEN and GET BACK TO
WORK...we elected you because at one point you had our trust that our best intentions
would be looked after .Now your having us watch you and the company..Wake up..Please.

Thanks

was fair or good. I'll help you out so take out your pencils and write this down
that through agreeing on concessions while facing or in chapter 11. Now were out
WORK...we elected you because at one point you had our trust that our best intentions
would be looked after .Now your having us watch you and the company..Wake up..Please.

Thanks

Well put.

FWIW: Boss Canale owes fleet service a thousand apologies.
Me and Big Tony have had our share of 'run in's' and I'm not really sure of Armedio's legal problems, nor the IAM negotiating rules, but I have to think that Armedio is the best thing at the DL141 level. IMO, Chandlee, Flynn and Hayden, newly appointed AGC Rusk, Wingard, just turn the company created pages of United emplyee/retiree Boss Canale. I don't think US AIRWAYS Fleet service needs a United airline board of director negotiating for them. Know what I mean?

And someone mentioned 'intelligence'. I'm not being crude but I'm not sure you get more than 2 years of college if you combine the education levels of all US AIRWAYS AGC's. And this doesn't include the I'll Ask Management's community college known as Winpisinger center. I mean for them to bring something back that is so 'piss clamish' AND to go to the mat for it, is just dumb, ignorant, and delusional.

regards,

regards,

The AGC's that we have have no wisdom...they are like dogs...if you give a dog a treat (in this case a good salary and pension) they will jump thru hoops to give Canale the votes he needs for absurd contracts. Canale hands picks guys from big stations that will get him the votes he needs. Rememeber Mcclavic and Maccarone????? Now, people are starting to get smart and don't listen to the AGC's and make up their own minds.

Now boss Canale, you wanted your members to not only give up the COC but also PROFIT SHARING?

Wake up everyone, YOU ARE THE UNION! Canale and gang including management really thought they could pull this off and just confuse you more so you would not realize that you were losing on this T/A.

My strong hunch, Parker is getting ready to roll with the UA merger. With the strong NO vote, the mechanics not budging in bargaining he will try to pull this off to avoid abritrations like the last merger with AWA. THEN HE WILL TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN!

Then we will have 3 operating certificates to merge, CWA will be able to file another COC grievance, but at the same time try to get an election for 50pct and 1 because I think UA is totally IAM and CANALE WILL COLLECT THE SECOND LARGEST PART WITH HIS AFFILLIATION WITH UNITED AIRLINES.

This is the way our company will run the show, but together as a collective group we can all stand together in solidarity and force the company and the unions' hands. Just sit back now brothers and sisters, I here the drumroll already starting.

note to the IAM:
I am proud of you guys/gals....keep it up....I surely do not feel our union understood the importance...we did not even vote on our t/a...??? Thanks CWA

Thanks
nicely put....remember this===cwa and iam--when election time comes around!!!!

Guys-
Just as an example if you were sent by 100 people to represent
thier best interest and came back with something that you suggested
was a good deal and it got voted down 90 No ..10 Yes...you'd either
quit or apologize. I'd be embarassed by my lack of ability to get the
job done or at the least be honest and say its not a good deal. Now
I understand ego is at play here but they have to realize that if they
really believe that this is the best they could do, then thats' sad.Time
to step down or away. To all who signed off on this read it again or have
it read to you because you obviosly don't see what the majority of us see.
If this is the best you could do...Thanks, for your time but not good enough.
Maybe it's time for a change. Theres a saying a ''a million china men can't be
wrong'' well we voted it down..Now were waiting, we know you hear us or are
you that spiteful.
Thanks

"if you were sent by 100 people to represent
job done or at the least be honest and say its not a good deal. "

In CLT the TA was voten down by a 35 to 1 margin! IAM reps had better be very prepared and humbled before showing up in CLT. They had really better start convincing folks that they learned a hard lesson, or they will be in for another very unpleasant experience.

"if you were sent by 100 people to represent
job done or at the least be honest and say its not a good deal. "

In CLT the TA was voten down by a 35 to 1 margin! IAM reps had better be very prepared and humbled before showing up in CLT. They had really better start convincing folks that they learned a hard lesson, or they will be in for another very unpleasant experience.
The IAM's arrogance may keep them from listening. We've seen this before. Nonetheless, the workers should stay networked together and solid in case the IAM tries some of its typical back door junk. Keep them accountable. Plan A is worker solidarity and it is separate from the IAM's plan B. Parker has an airline to run and he sees that Canale can't come up with his end of the bargain because he has 'lost his membership' with a 80% No vote brewing.

[email protected] [yes 700uw, that's my email address]

regards,

What are D141's options?

1. Realize the error of their ways, truly repent (repentance requires confession) and begin to actually represent the dues payers' interests?

2. Explain that the members were confused, spread FUD (fear, unhappiness and disinformation) and then strongarm thru another vote?

IMO, Canale is chomping at the bit to fold US into UA. His duty to fairly represent US membership pales beside his fiduciary obligations as a UA BOD member http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10912297/ (can you say conflict of interest?).

Meanwhile, read how Canale is representing fleet over at UA. http://www.iam141.org/ual.htm

Why is Canale bringing back outsourced work at UA, but not US?

Given all that, I'm guessing IAM will go for option 2.

Get smart and organized, US fleet. Vote the entire D141 leadership out of office!

What are D141's options?

1. Realize the error of their ways, truly repent (repentance requires confession) and begin to actually represent the dues payers' interests?

2. Explain that the members were confused, spread FUD (fear, unhappiness and disinformation) and then strongarm thru another vote?

IMO, Canale is chomping at the bit to fold US into UA. His duty to fairly represent US membership pales beside his fiduciary obligations as a UA BOD member http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10912297/ (can you say conflict of interest?).

Meanwhile, read how Canale is representing fleet over at UA. http://www.iam141.org/ual.htm

Why is Canale bringing back outsourced work at UA, but not US?

Given all that, I'm guessing IAM will go for option 2.

Get smart and organized, US fleet. Vote the entire D141 leadership out of office!

Good google Diogenes.
Your article notes what I been saying, Boss Canale is actually a Board of Director of United Airlines. No wonder why he continues to want a 'quickie' at US AIRWAYS. My opinion is that United been chopping at the bit for US AIRWAYS to put transitioin agreements together. Even Director Boss Hog explicitly said that no merger can happen at US AIRWAYS until the company gets agreements with the IAM [see exact quote on Big Picture site www.joeypage.com/informedconsent

Network your station: [email protected]

regards,

Latest posts