Mechanic killed at MSP

Another case of you adding 2+2 and getting 5...

Think whatever you want. You're wrong, but, hey, that's never stopped you before...

At least you're consistent. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and get the last word in, if you feel the need.

Reactions: 1 person
Another case of you adding 2+2 and getting 5...

Think whatever you want. You're wrong, but, hey, that's never stopped you before...

At least you're consistent. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and get the last word in, if you feel the need.
Are you going to answer the question(s)?

Reactions: 1 person
Are you going to answer the question(s)?

I already did.

In fact, had you not been in such a hurry to look for conflict where none exists, you could've seen it for yourself.

Since you missed it the first go 'round, go back and read my first post. Play special attention to where I prefaced my statement with "I have to think..."

I already did.

In fact, had you not been in such a hurry to look for conflict where none exists, you could've seen it for yourself.

Since you missed it the first go 'round, go back and read my first post. Play special attention to where I prefaced my statement with "I have to think..."

Fair enough Kev. However you know as well as I that if it was someone other then bitter union thugs your outrage would be less sedated.

For those who didnt get to see all the disgraceful behavior see WCCO news article: http://wcco.com/local/delta.mechanic.death.2.1756193.html More than 65 posts criticized the dead mechanic and his family. Only six defended the man.

Fair enough Kev. However you know as well as I that if it was someone other then bitter union thugs your outrage would be less sedated.

Respectfully, you couldn't be more incorrect.

I said my peace early in this thread, and that was that. The end.

I don't think the people we're discussing warrant any more attention than they're already getting/have gotten.

Respectfully, you couldn't be more incorrect.

I said my peace early in this thread, and that was that. The end.

I don't think the people we're discussing warrant any more attention than they're already getting/have gotten.

Well then, just for you, I stand correct and apologize for misjudging you.

After reading the comments on that site about how some people feel about the DEATH of an employee on the job is disheartening. I for the most part am Pro-labour but common sense and compassion for a fellow humn being (and his family) SHOULD rule the day. As time has gone by, the only ones wallowing in their Self-Pity party are the former NWA mechanics that walked off the job (years ago) yet to see NWA merge with Delta and MOVE FORWARD. To those Mechanics........LET IT GO! (You made your decision to walk and Now YOU have to live with the consequences). Wishing ill will on your former employer and it's surviving employees will only make YOU miserable, jaded and destined to face the karma YOU cast upon them. To think that ANYONE would relish in the DEATH of another employee (scab or not) is an All-time LOW!

Well I don't want to rehash this again with the ill informed but we did not"walk" off the job willingly it was forced by NW. They wanted the union and it's members gone plain and simple. I had 17 yrs at the time and I was in the 53 percent that would have lost my job had the union agreed to NW terms..Funny thing is that AMFA did just that but NW had spent all that money recruting scabs and had them on the payroll so an agreement was NEVER going to happen. I hate scabs as much as anyone but I stop at wishing a violent death upon them. I lost a lot but a lot of AMFA members lost their houses, marrages and a few even took their lives and this particular guy reaped the benefits of AMFA and then crossed the line and stabbed his fellow co workers in the back when the going got rough to help NW break the union. Do I wish this man dead? NO I don't Do I wish he had lost his job and suffered like the rest of us ABSOLUTELY. I will like to see the final outcome of this investigation because I find it hard to believe how this accident happened. The A319/320 has a handle with a locking pin and a push button. If I remember the handle cannot even be moved unless hydrualics are on then you have to remove the pin before you can push the button to allow handle movement to raise the door.

Not possible. On a 319 you can't move the door handles to the close position without hydraulic pressure on first. I suppose he could have gotton his head stuck in one of the mains if he was not clear of the door when HE threw the lever. They close pretty quickly. Also not possible with the nose door. Lever on the opposite side of the gear from the doors.

Word is, that nose gear doors may have closed on him when hydraulics turned on.

Latest posts