Mechs get merged

I was doing some surfing the other day and took a look at the AMFA site and noticed the numbers of recalled mechanics since the strike ended. As far as I can see, it looks like a litttle over 300 mechanics were recalled. I noticed the seniority date of the junior guy was 92. Well, who would have guessed it. With my Jan 89 seniority date I would have been recalled.
All I can say is the same thing I said when I took the ten weeks severance...Good riddance!
A few of the mechanics on this forum know that my career to a turn for the better AFTER nwa. If I would have waited around for recall I no doubt would have been heading back to DTW on midnights where I was before. The agony of that wouldn't be the daily flying commute from CMH or the 1/3 less pay and benefits (painful as that would be) but the fact that I would be working with those SCABS that crossed the picket line and the SCAB replacement mechanics. As I've said many times on this forum, I CAN'T STAND SCABS! Their willingness to stab the mechanics on the picket line in the back only prolonged the strike and gave the company the green light to radically adjust pay and benefits.
I still keep in touch with some of the former mechanics who, like me, took the severance and moved on. Without exception, they feel they are better off without nwa running their lives. I don't fault any of the recalled mechanics for returning to nwa, we each have to gauge what is best for us and our families. Good luck guys, you'll need it.
Haven't looked at the list, but I had '81 and I didn't get recalled.
Rats! :ph34r:

I was doing some surfing the other day and took a look at the AMFA site and noticed the numbers of recalled mechanics since the strike ended. As far as I can see, it looks like a litttle over 300 mechanics were recalled. I noticed the seniority date of the junior guy was 92. Well, who would have guessed it. With my Jan 89 seniority date I would have been recalled.
All I can say is the same thing I said when I took the ten weeks severance...Good riddance!
A few of the mechanics on this forum know that my career to a turn for the better AFTER nwa. If I would have waited around for recall I no doubt would have been heading back to DTW on midnights where I was before. The agony of that wouldn't be the daily flying commute from CMH or the 1/3 less pay and benefits (painful as that would be) but the fact that I would be working with those SCABS that crossed the picket line and the SCAB replacement mechanics. As I've said many times on this forum, I CAN'T STAND SCABS! Their willingness to stab the mechanics on the picket line in the back only prolonged the strike and gave the company the green light to radically adjust pay and benefits.
I still keep in touch with some of the former mechanics who, like me, took the severance and moved on. Without exception, they feel they are better off without nwa running their lives. I don't fault any of the recalled mechanics for returning to nwa, we each have to gauge what is best for us and our families. Good luck guys, you'll need it.
I think you are mistaken Don. The last one I know of was early '81.

The latest on the AMFA at NWA/DAL. This is an email message received that cannot be verified.

Is suspect it is mostly factual.

Delta/AMFA Agreement. If case you are interested in the fate
> of AMFA.. I heard Delta is moving their SOC to temp bldg
> while they redo the main one to incorporate NWA. They hope to
> have that done by summer/early fall and then NWA is
> history. Per MAC delta is to retain 10,000 jobs in MN.
> They are doing this by moving compass HQ to msp
so the 10K jobs will be lower paying jobs...

> Gentlemen, Agreement was signed at 3pm Saturday 2-21-09.
> AMFA must file with NMB by close of business on Wednesday.
> Once we file it may take 2 or 3 weeks for the NMB to
> decertify us but we will request they expedite the process.
> This agreement takes affect when we are officially
> decertified. So be patient. Dave gay and the rest of the
> committee members will be back in ATL next week to iron out
> the 5 yr recall lists. We were going to be decertified
> sometime soon anyways so we thought best to enter into this
> agreement. It will provide full realignments in MSP and
> DTW, pay increases, job opportunities. I will be around
> until the NMB removes AMFA in a few weeks. I will send out
> the agreement on Monday. Our goal was to remain thru the 2yr
> recall and get as many back as possible. The best we could
> do for those like myself that did not get back is a
> preferential hiring list. In which you can return but as a new hire. We have been negotiating
> since Wednesday Morning until Saturday afternoon. We will be
> around the floor to address any concerns the next few weeks.
> I thank all of those who have been paying dues so we where
> able to remain as long as we did.

It is what it is.

Just so the union people here don't think the "Evil" Delta is singling them out, I know a some guys, with over 18 years, took a buyout a few years ago, and kept turning down recalls, until their names were removed from "The List"!

Well guess what happened, they decided that life outside aviation wasn't much better and got hired back by Delta................as new hires ! :blink: