Not Enough Money ?

keeptheodds said:

Today as we scabs March into hangars 1,900 strong pulling off the work of 4,500 men, I feel good. It is these men that are holding a union of 70,000 at bay. It is these men that are going to make labor history and bring one of these communists unions down. This union has stolen from the middle class and the poor to make greedy thugs rich. I am going to be part of the movement that brings the mighty AMFA with its thugs and fanatics down. I feel good.

KTO,

You really can't be that big of an idiot??? In today's corporate marketplace a union is a NECESSARY EVIL. Without unions everyone in the middle class and below would have 35 hour per week P/T jobs with no bennies at Walmart!!! Oh sure, people can go out and get another job to take up the shortfall in wages. Meanwhile, who is raising your kids? Child care cost mega bucks let alone health care costs for those having to provide for themselves. So where is the justice in that???? Some American dream alright.

This is an all out assault on the middle class in America....Not just on unions. That's what the fat-cats want. Poor people cannot fight back very well when they struggle to stay alive. Why don't you do some research on working conditions in China, Mexico, Bangladesh, Malaysia to name a few. How can they possibly make stuff for the U.S. so cheaply???? SLAVE and CHILD LABOR would be a good place to start. Outsource American workers jobs all you want and you will be living in a third world country RIGHT HERE on U.S. SOIL :angry: !!!!

That is the exact direction this country is headed in a big hurry. Piss on all those who really keep this country going....and it's not the CEO'S. How many poor slobs could be employed if execs didn't take such exorbant salaries and bonuses not just at one company but at all of them???? Millions starve daily in this country and nobody gives a spit!!!! And it all starts at the White House.

That is what is at stake with the NWA Mechanics strike albeit on a smaller scale. Believe what you want but mark my words pal......the end of America as we know it is very near. But don't you worry about it. Leave the worrying to the blue collars who cause all the labor unrest in the corporate world.

E-TRONS-
i agree with you and your post but if what you say is true,why are union membership numbers floundering in the USA around 12% at best?
someones not hearing their message then. :(

Can anyone answer why there is only a $100,000 strike fund, no strike pay or benefits in the AMFA constitution?

Where has the dues money gone?

And why was AMFA not prepared for this and asking for handouts on the web?

keeptheodds said:
us45366 said:
I understand that the "NWA Picture" is to spend a "$1" (on the scabs/training) to save "$10" down the road in employee wages....but there is a waaaaaaaaaay bigger picture going on here than that....it's all about those in positions of power and wealth "regining in" the middle class....
The problem with all of that is because that is the way union use to be. Now they are as greedy as the management that is so detested. Unions once cared about the people and its members. Now they are a bunch of thugs. AMFA has already proved that point. AMFA is broke. Where is the money that has been stolen from those men? I’m sure I read on here somewhere AMFA was 70,000 strong? Last big strike was when 91? That’s what a little over 500 million dollars and they are broke?
I’m sorry but all you union fanatics can go to HELL!

[post="292231"][/post]​
I would love to see a CNN headline about you getting sucked into a running CFM!! :shock: ;) :D :p

700UW said:
Can anyone answer why there is only a $100,000 strike fund, no strike pay or benefits in the AMFA constitution?

And why was AMFA not prepared for this and asking for handouts on the web?
[post="292311"][/post]​
Similar questions asked about usair for years now as well.

What kind of fool would expect a union who's growth has come over the last few years to have a large strike fund. I guess asked and answered!

FA Mikey said:

What kind of fool would expect a union who's growth has come over the last few years to have a large strike fund. I guess asked and answered!
[post="292319"][/post]​
dude your hero delle knew this was in the tea leaves and should have prepared you guys at the local level at least....
i wish all the best but think you guys will be hung out to dry.
sorry, jmho

FA Mikey said:

[post="292319"][/post]​
First of all US Airways is an airline not a union.

The IAM has a mega-million dollar strike fund and pays strike benefits, does not have a paypal account on the web begging for money.

Like I said, why is there only a $100,000 stike fund?

Why is there a paypal account online begging for money?

Why was AMFA not prepared for this strike?

E-TRONS said:
KTO,

You really can't be that big of an idiot??? In today's corporate marketplace a union is a NECESSARY EVIL. Without unions everyone in the middle class and below would have 35 hour per week P/T jobs with no bennies at Walmart!!! Oh sure, people can go out and get another job to take up the shortfall in wages. Meanwhile, who is raising your kids? Child care cost mega bucks let alone health care costs for those having to provide for themselves. So where is the justice in that???? Some American dream alright.

This is an all out assault on the middle class in America....Not just on unions. That's what the fat-cats want. Poor people cannot fight back very well when they struggle to stay alive. Why don't you do some research on working conditions in China, Mexico, Bangladesh, Malaysia to name a few. How can they possibly make stuff for the U.S. so cheaply???? SLAVE and CHILD LABOR would be a good place to start. Outsource American workers jobs all you want and you will be living in a third world country RIGHT HERE on U.S. SOIL :angry: !!!!

:rolleyes:

That is the exact direction this country is headed in a big hurry. Piss on all those who really keep this country going....and it's not the CEO'S. How many poor slobs could be employed if execs didn't take such exorbant salaries and bonuses not just at one company but at all of them????

Around 40 or 50 people? Wow!!!

Millions starve daily in this country and nobody gives a spit!!!! And it all starts at the White House.

Millions starve every day in this country ... your credibility just hit a new low.

That is what is at stake with the NWA Mechanics strike albeit on a smaller scale. Believe what you want but mark my words pal......the end of America as we know it is very near. But don't you worry about it. Leave the worrying to the blue collars who cause all the labor unrest in the corporate world.
[post="292307"][/post]​

:rolleyes:

Usually rants have a sprinkling of information, but this has got to be the most substance-free post I've read all week.

700UW said:
The IAM has a mega-million dollar strike fund and pays strike benefits, does not have a paypal account on the web begging for money.

[post="292329"][/post]​
The IAM is a huge international with over mega million dollar strike fund and the best they can come up with is 100 dollars a week. What a joke for all the millions they say they have in a fund. How many IAM strikes and duration of them in the last 10 years? They can only afford 100 dollars. Now that is a joke of a union.

700UW said:
Like I said, why is there only a $100,000 stike fund?

[post="292329"][/post]​

I know reality and facts are not your strong point. But consider that AMFA just got the majority of its members in the last few years. IAM has had 50 collect a strike fund. And still they can only afford you 100 dollars a week. I wonder does the union leadership stop collecting a salary during a strike like the members? Maybe that is something only the smaller independents do. All for one kind of thing. Again something you couldn't comprehend.

First of all AMFA got 10,000 members back in the mid 90's when it took over the representation of the NWA M&R group, almost ten years of paying dues.

They got UAL two years ago.

The IAM Strike Benefit is $100 a week, not a month.

Guess AA had the same problem otherwise why would APA, APFA and the TWU take concessions if AA had no problems making ends meet and paying their bill?

You can go to the DOL web page and view AMFA's LM2, for some reason it wont upload, they have to pay their leadership six figures so they cant have a strike fund.

Back