Nwa New Talks With Mechanics Begin Thusday

PlayTheOdds said:
Hey AP that is really good. I'm impressed.

Called "Experience"...that is what I want with the people who are working on any aircraft I happen to fly on :p

PlayTheOdds said:
well once the IDG was located I hooked the servicing unit up to it and looked at the sight glass and pumped oil into it until oil began dripping onto the ground and I had a puddle about 20 inches in diameter then closed everything up just like the AMM says.
[post="299457"][/post]​
You must be kidding!!

You pumped it onto the ground!!!!

Is that NWAs policy for handling waste oil? To pump it onto the ground???!!!

Call the DEC!!!!

I hope it was coming out of the overflow hose at least!!

Idiot proof? Only an idiot would treat any task he does on an aircraft that way. But if you are the type of person who would pump waste oil onto the ground that also says a lot about the work ethic of the mechanics that NWA now has in place.

PlayTheOdds said:
Welcome aboard Captain. Just call me Scotty.
[post="299475"][/post]​
You can tell him that as he does his walk around not to pay attention to that 20 inch puddle of oil under the "good " IDG, that in order to save money NWA now has you dumping waste oil onto the ramp.

Sloppy maintenance shows up in many ways.

Used oil or mixed with fresh, it should not be pumped onto the ground!!

PlayTheOdds said:
Do you guys realize thet you have blown a whole page on servicing an IDG? What idiots.

You seem to have brought it up? I would enjoy some flight crews take on this!! Flying with one IDG on MEL and the second one quits, now its not fun!! Hopefully you have a good dependable APU!!! Otherwise it will not be pretty. Yes any Idiot can service an IDG but I believe most pilots would want the "idiot" to service it correctly. IFE's are a different story, they quit all you have are unhappy passengers and nobody gets hurt!

PlayTheOdds said:
On a 747-400 the APU can't be started in flight does this hold true for the A-320?
[post="299451"][/post]​

I thought you worked on A-320s?

You should know.

PlayTheOdds said:
I think it was coming out of the engine inlet but I didnt have time to make sure. I had to run and service an ETOPS about to fly.

Kind of obvious he has not been to any type of Human Factors training!! Sure it was Oil, or perhaps Skydrol, or maybe even fuel? When there is a puddle under a cowl you open the tin to verifly where and what is leaking! Unless of course you are understaffed and under pressure to kick out that flight on time!! How did the service on the ETOPS aircraft go..or don't you remember you were running so much?

PlayTheOdds said:
It is all but idiot proof. If you screw that up you really don't need to be there.
[post="299469"][/post]​

Its all but idiot proof? So you just pump and pump until when? I find it hard to believe you are actually an AMT with ANY AIRLINE or FBO, you seem more like Goober on Andy Griffin you freaken goof.

Come on, just admit you are trolling or whatever, you can't be a AMT, NO WAY.

Back to the topic. I guess Northwest wasn't so anxious to bring the "Real Mechanics" back after all. Have you guys gone back and read some of your posts? Boy you union die-hards didn't get one single thing right. All the BS you guys threw out there is unreal. You know what is even more unreal? The fact that you actually believe it. If you people are examples of what the unions have to offer they are in real trouble in the near future.

And as I cannot resist if you are the type of "real mechanic" NWA is hiring the flying public are in real trouble in the near future. Everything is idiot proof.....just keep that thought process going........

Latest posts