OCT/NOV 2012 US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another Whopper of a story. Written by Mr. I gave your pension away with ALPA member Tim Baker. And then I went to Airtran.......

Inside the Ring of Fire. Tim Baker Answers Questions About the Circumstances Surrounding
the Loss of the DB Pension Plan
Link: http://www.unbiasedf...eRingOfFire.pdf
Tim believed the Michelle Bryan fairy tale also........Tim talks of the company losing at one period almost 2 million dollars a day. Imagine his consternation if he realized his very pension fund was not flying one jet, and burning through 42 million a month. Pretty close rival to a company operating some hundreds of jets and paying all those salaries...............

Reactions: 1 person
Finally we are getting somewhere. The 1700 east furloughed pilots did not bring a job. They were placed by Nicolau in the proper place. You agree.

C'mon Clear, you know the only consistency to their drivel is that it is always what's in their best interest.

Bean

Reactions: 3 people
Some more. Is Bob Gaudioso supporting the recall also?

Unbiased Facts Relevant East Pilots DB Retirement Plan Previous Articles/OpEd Columns
Bob Gaudioso writes about the Loss of the East Pilots’ DB Pension Plan
Link: http://www.unbiasedf...DBPensionIssues
Bob does a tremendous job carrying the company water. Too bad the article Forbes ran pretty much raises the bull#### flag.

More Unbiased "Facts"
Fact #5: USAPA PIC Update – October 8, 2010
“The polls are open, folks, to fund the remaining 18 months of this investigation. Remember when we
brought this investigation to you with the promise of finishing our work in two to three years?”
Continues…
Lets' see Chippy.... October 8, 2012 and they said two to three years. At least they told the truth.

Reactions: 2 people
Here is Chippys' take on the outstanding performance of the pension plan. Following is FORBES MAGAZINE findings. Who should we believe? Chip and his Unbiased Facts, or Forbes Magazine and the forensic accountants??????

Unbiased Facts’ Conclusion: Does it make sense for US Airways East pilots to possibly pay up
to $2,000 assessments to find out what happened to trades in the Master Trust when this fund
outperformed other airline DB Plans and the Master Trust beat both the Dow Industrial and S&P

500 Index? This assessment will be in addition to more furlough medical benefit assessments
when according to Mike Cleary new contract negotiations are “hopelessly stalled

Now Forbes:
No meaningful analysis was undertaken by PBGC of certain specific investments that lost most, if not all, of their value over a very short period of time, and whether these investments were appropriate for, as well as consistent with the investment guidelines of, the Plan. Further, PBGC did not review the Plan’s investments in futures and made no attempt to investigate the Plan’s $188 million in futures losses in 2001. Finally, PBGC did not investigate what caused the Plan to lose $658 million dollars, or one-third of its value between December 2001 and March 2003, and did not compare performance of the Plan against any of the other US Airways pension plans for the same period.
[background=transparent]Our review of the limited records of the Plan made available to us revealed profound omissions, errors, conflicts of interest and “red flags” regarding many of the firms that provided fundamental services to the Plan, such as audit, actuarial, custodial, investment consulting, foreign exchange, securities trading and money management.[/background]

More Unbiased "Facts"
Fact #5: USAPA PIC Update – October 8, 2010
“The polls are open, folks, to fund the remaining 18 months of this investigation. Remember when we
brought this investigation to you with the promise of finishing our work in two to three years?”
Continues…
Lets' see Chippy.... October 8, 2012 and they said two to three years. At least they told the truth.
His" HAIR CLUB FOR MEN " commercial rerun endorsement contract must be coming to an end!

USAPA can only enforce your existing agreement. That would be geographically in PHX. That's where your seniority rights exist for you and yours and that's where it shall remain if and until a JCBA is negotiated. That's the law.

Enjoy your holiday in PHX.
And regrettably there is no contract provision requiring he replace retiring West pilots, even with West voluntary furloughs. Managements well stated intention of allowing reduction of West staffing and increasing reserve utilization sounds like it might not be keeping the statu quo, just saying.

Will it all be OBE?

Good tell that to 1700 furloughed AMERICAN AIRLINES PILOTS and see how far "YOUR DRIVEL" gets, my guess your contracts are sold!
I will not have to. Usapa should do that. Since usapa has a responsibility to us airways pilots not American pilots.

The new hires will have a problem with usapa arguing to place furloughed American pilots senior to active pilots. Since the furloughed American pilots go back to,about 2001. Any pilot hired after 2001 would be junior o a furloughed American pilot.

Think many us air pilots are willing to accept that?

I will not have to. Usapa should do that. Since usapa has a responsibility to us airways pilots not American pilots.

The new hires will have a problem with usapa arguing to place furloughed American pilots senior to active pilots. Since the furloughed American pilots go back to,about 2001. Any pilot hired after 2001 would be junior o a furloughed American pilot.

Think many us air pilots are willing to accept that?
I think so, as they should, obviously you are not! IT IS CALLED "DOH WITH CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS"!

Since those pilots hired in 2001 at AMERICAN are at least 10 years older than their new hire counterparts, ! IS that a problem for you clear?

Finally we are getting somewhere. The 1700 east furloughed pilots did not bring a job. They were placed by Nicolau in the proper place. You agree.
" OKAY 1700 FURLOUGHED AMERICAN PILOTS BRING NOTHING TO A MERGER ACCORDIND TO CLEARDIRECT" my guess in 2001 you didn't have the qualifications to even interview at AMERICAN , none the less get hired there! Yea bring that we will see how much mileage it gets, good luck if AA emerges as a standalone and purchases US, my guess the "WEST DIVISION" sold !

Until we get a JCBA PHX still has block hour mins. If the company closed PHX that means they violated the T/A. If usapa allows this violation then usapa is guilty of not representing the west fairly.

Are you saying usapa would allow PHX to be closed violating the T/A?

If usapa did violate their duty and let the company violate the T/A. Usapa would then violate their "core principle" and have the PHX pilots go east below new hires and not by the "gold standard" DOH?

Spreading FUD from a founder of usapa.

Quite the unionist.
I do believe you think you are a USAirways pilot. You are an america west pilot, do not forget your roots.

Reactions: 3 people
So when an east pilot makes an agreement your word is only valid if federal law is involved? Honor and integrity has nothing to do with it? Your word means nothing. How very Doug Parker of you.

Honor and integrity from a west pilot that has a history of scabbing in Australia, flying drugs from Bangkok, stealing East pilots identity, Capt and FO attempting to fly drunk.

You are not a USAirways pilot, you are a america west pilot. I think you are forgetting this.

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts