Pilot labor thread week 4/27-5/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need to be saved! What you folks never ever understood in all your emotional rants was basic law. No judge will ever throw the award out so you pin all your hopes on Parker and that he will give you DOH in a new substandard contract. The first question will be "can you ensure us that the west will not file massive law suits against LCC???? Answer Sir we can not. Then I'm sorry Mr. Bradford, this will not work.

NOW WHAT???????? That's the problem with emotion it lacks intellect...
Filing a lawsuit is easy. Now, winning one is altogether a different story. But please continue if it makes you happy. I am quite comfortable in the method and direction we're building up to.

Emotions??? Have you ever gone back and reread some of your posts? Man look in the mirror concerning emotional responses. You a funny guy. :lol:

Hey Junebug!! Welcome back. In all sincerity. I knew you couldn't stay away forever. Even though I think you came back under a different name a few times. Glad your back none the less. It was getting old without you. How was life working with Pollock and the ACPC? You couldn't have picked a better group to associate with. :lol:

Don't forget the other amendments to A-M. The one that says I'm right all the time. Just me and only me. :lol:
I was too busy on the National boards to bother with this place. And I don't understand why you'd think I'd resort to coming in under a different name - no reason too.

Other than the initial meeting, I didn't do much except listen in on a couple of meetings. Nothing really for us Westies to do as it was an all east battle.

Did learn one thing though, desperate men do desperate things and USAPA is a classic example.

Enjoy your 2%. It's been a lousy couple of years for us easties, but before 2003 remember that our compensation made yours look like the deep-fry cook at McDonalds. And we enjoyed decades of that level while you guys couldn't get far enough out of the gutter to even see over the curb. Let us know when that 2% brings you on par with our career earnings....probably sometime in 2075?

As for Ron DeMarco's observations, I agree that the Empire merger was unfairly handled at the hands of a vindictive ALPA and PAI MEC. I thought so at the time (being an original Piedmonster,) but in typical ALPA fashion, no one asked me what I thought.

I have no qualms about revisiting the Empire and Shuttle mergers with the focus of DOH as mandated by the USAPA C&B-L. But let us be sure to compare apples to apples. When Capt. DeMarco was hired at Empire in 1978, what type of certificate did the company hold and what type of aircraft were they flying? If my memory serves, Empire started with Navajos then graduated to Metroliners some time afterward and these aircraft were operated under FAR 135. Sorry, but a Part 135 hire-date just does not hold any water when being merged with a carrier that started in 1947 as a Part 121 operation. When Empire acquired F28 aircraft in the early to mid-1980's, they then had to operate under FAR 121. Use as a DOH the time when a particular Empire pilot started flying under Part 121, and you have my full support for a DOH integration. Don't claim your Navajo time is equivalent to B727 time, and we have a deal.

But, then again, no one with any authority in these matters is going to ask my opinion anyway.

What does Al Bundy's winning touchdown at Polk Jr. High and AAA's pre 2003 rates have in common?

They're both way in the past.

Now you easties wish you were making deep-fry cook wages. And here's me with a 2% wage bump.

I'm pretty sure your Empire guys are going to disagree with your assessment too.

Up to now.

But you guys only won a small battle and increase my pay as a result.
Maybe so. Enjoy it while you can. During these dynamic times, things will be changing in the not too distant future. Just a hint, USAPA is not ALPA in its policies. Especially past practices concerning dues.

I didn't read that at all in the update. But keep throwing out the FUD. It's fun to read.

"the decision of the arbitrator shall be FINAL AND BINDING on the parties."
"Obviously, USAPA cannot guarantee results"

I find it very interesting that usapa didn't mention DOH, after all they were claiming that AM meant DOH during the election. It's not surprising that usapa is starting to manage your expectations after the bomb parker dropped on them on thursday, regardless his tune has already changed. Clowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back