Southwest considers discontinuing USAIR agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking that SW will pull the plug on this anyway. Oil is almost 100 bucks a barrel and 20-30 extra F/As/pilots in seats that would otherwise remain empty causing the A/C to be heavier is not a drop in the bucket. Might sound stupid but for that reason, I think they'll go back to ID90s and make some $$ off non-revs. Just my thoughts....

Reminds me of a deal that happened in Europe last summer. Full filght , A F/A with a friend trying to get back to PHL. As it turned out one seat left in coach, and jump seat open. F/A comes to the cockpit, I say no problem, try to get you a real seat, thanks for coming up. As it turned out we had a delay because of cargo. During this , another F/A talked her way down the jetway and demanded that she has the F/A jump seat. Ranting that she was sr. to the other. My "A" who I have worked with before is a supper star told the would be F/A jumpseater we are full. Here we go, I hear loud voices from behind, leave the cockpit to see what's going on. After introducing myself to this F/A, I get I don't have to talk to you , you, you don't have any say in this.
Well, this F/A got to see BCN for at least one more day. I don't care who was right or wrong, she wasn't going on my flight.
I might add that in my years of fliying, F/a's have been very polite, allways asking my flight crew if they can help, they will.

There are a few sticks in the mud though.

ZARAH posted what I was talking about so it WAS TRUE. Feel like a fool now? I'm not one to, nor have I EVER been one to spread rumors on here. Feel free to fish back through my posts. EVER. Were you PART of the clan to cause the problem or let me guess friends with Ethel and Stella who couldn't get on. AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Then, please, post with facts, not gossip and innuendo.

Then, please, post with facts, not gossip and innuendo.
It was already stated that not one but TWO CBS bulletins were put out and ZARAH put the letter from the union on here a few posts back. I believe post #14. Do you need more help or PROOF than that? How about being a good flight attendant and READ your crew mail mmmmkay? I mean really. 1-800 ABC-DEFG....if ya need more help. Don't pick a tiff with me. It happened....moving on.

THIS A RUMOR THAT HAS BEEN GOING AROUND FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW. EVERY "WEDNESDAY" THERE IS SUPPOSEDLY A MEETING TO DISCUSS THE FUTURE OF THE NON REV POLICY.

NEW RUMOR PLEASE!!!!!

Ok being a former commuter myself I have to ask, "What if, just IF Southwest pulled the agreement"? Back to ID90 I guess. Considering they have so many empty or fairly empty flights it wouldn't suprise me to see them cut back just a bit. It sure wouldn't help the commuter ONE BIT. 1-800-USA-RAIL

NEW RUMOR PLEASE!!!!!
Glassware is coming back?
FC will be improved?
The American Experience will be the envy of all carriers?
IND will be a crew base?
PHL is closing because of a merger?
A340's are coming soon?
Hmmmmm...oh, you said a NEW rumor....how about pay raises and high yield customers are returning?

While my intention is not to trash FA's, one nite in June of 2000, I was trying to get from ORD-PIT on the last operating flight of the night, It was one of those "thunderstorm nites" where everything is either cancelled or hopelessly delayed. The equip was a DC9 and there were numerous crew members trying to get back to PIT. When my name was called I picked up my boarding passes, threw my sleeping 4year old son over my shoulder and walked toward the jetway, A non reving FA stopped me and challenged my seniority date. Pulling out the blue non rev ticket, I put it right in her face and said "here's my seniority 1982!!!!!) Turns out her's was 1989. She never did get on that flight but where does one non rev get the right to challenge the boarding priority of a co worker?

Oh, some of them are obnoxious. One F/A a few years ago had the nerve to grab my ID on the jetway because she "didn't believe I was mainline." I smacked her hand away and quietly told her if she touched me again I'd stuff her in her rollaboard and check her. The crew and gate agent denied her boarding. Apparently this wasn't her first time challenging other non-revs and jumpseaters, and had been kicked off a working crew by the captain a couple times. I heard she's gone now. Who acts like that?

Oh, some of them are obnoxious. One F/A a few years ago had the nerve to grab my ID on the jetway because she didn't believe I was "mainline." I smacked her hand away and told her if she touched me again I'd stuff her in her rollaboard and check her. The crew and gate agent denied her boarding. Apparently this wasn't her first time challenging other non-revs and jumpseaters. I heard she's gone now. Who acts like that?

EMBFA,

Next time that happens tell the hag to retire and go work at Krispy Kreme. Seriously, when people get like that with fellow co-workers what the hell are they like with the passengers? They certainly don't belong in a customer service position.

Later,
Eye

Three great things about being a flight attendant are the comraderie between crews (I know, it doesn't really show on here lol), the fact that you work with new people all the time, plus the fact that you don't have a supervisor breathing down your neck. The drawback of all three however is that someone can be completely batsh!t for years before anyone realizes they are not just having a bad day but are in fact crazy. There's nothing worse than working a four day with someone who is flat out miserable to the customers or their co-workers because they are unhappy with their own life. A lot of these types are thankfully gone, but there are still a few.

You have hit the nail on the head!!!

Let's non-rev somewhere together. I promise I won't check your ID if you don't check mine!! :up:

Where did our coworkers get the right to act like barn yard animals? I mean honestly I think sometimes they have no clue what it's like the real world. If they had to be professional in an office setting they would be fired! EMB, you showed more restraint than I would have. She would have been stuffed in the roller and sent through the PHL bag system. I think it shows what this country is coming too. The youth (here I am in my early 30's saying this) have no respect so it's only going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts