Stock Tanks!

Yeah, if you put your left shoe on your right foot, I suppose that might pinch. Thanks for the great analogy. So anyone know what it means?

You're all a bunch of hypocrites. Obviously, you don't like it when others point out possible problems at Jetwho when you are so quick to rub other airlines' problems in their employees' faces on this board.

The one thing that makes me happy about the stock price is knowing that you are all losing your shirts, and that has got to hurt, no matter what you might try to say, when so much of your compensation is tied up in stock options. 'Nuff said.

And, if you don't get the analogy about the shoe pinching on the other foot, you'll never get it anyway. Guess it was over your heads.

Enjoy.

Attack away.

StraaightTaalk said:
You're all a bunch of hypocrites. Obviously, you don't like it when others point out possible problems at Jetwho when you are so quick to rub other airlines' problems in their employees' faces on this board.

The one thing that makes me happy about the stock price is knowing that you are all losing your shirts, and that has got to hurt, no matter what you might try to say, when so much of your compensation is tied up in stock options. 'Nuff said.

And, if you don't get the analogy about the shoe pinching on the other foot, you'll never get it anyway. Guess it was over your heads.

Enjoy.

Attack away.
I'm not certain what your hangup is or how you were wronged in the past (couldn't get hired by JB?), but if you had any idea what you were talking about, you would know that stock options are longterm and not shortterm incentives. WN began 32 years ago as the new concept in the industry and most of the compensation at that time was through stock options. WN employees that served on the frontline during the startup are living quite nicely now and it's not because the WN stock could only go up. It is because, in the longterm, WN was far more able than the rest of the industry and steadily grew (despite some short term stock losses).

It's good to learn from history and note that the major carriers such as Pan Am, Eastern, Braniffs, and, much later, TWA that ignored WN and pretended that every little bad thing to happen at WN was the end are no longer with us. I suppose that these are all before your time (probably including TWA) but perhaps you will learn it in your history books. The lesson should be...focus on what your airline SHOULD be doing rather than EVERYTHING that JB does.

Good luck. Hope your carrier doesn't go AwAAy.

Its well known what my opinion is of JBLU employees vis-a-vis your "contribution" to the airline industry as a whole.

I am well satisfied that the market is finally coming around to the realization that the JBLU "saga" is nothing more than a giant Ponzi scheme designed to enrich the early investors.

Therefore, yes, it is very gratifiying to watch the stock price go directly in the crapper along with JBLU employee's stock option value.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.

330JETSTEW said:
1. Perhaps FUBI should be banned from USAVIATION...This is a somewhat respectable forum and I've enjoyed reading from all sides of the spectrum on a variety of issues, but FUBI takes it WAY BEYOND the boundaries.

2. If he went to the UA or NW or US board and started throwing his verbal feces at their organization and employees by calling them "SCABS" ...
Well, let's look at your comments one at a time...

1. Sure, this is a typical JBLU response. Let's ban everyone who isn't a cultist and accepts our dogma. If we can't shut them up, then we'll accuse them of either being a racist or of engaging in hate speech.

No one is allowed to question our motives or reasons for accepting non-union employment.

2. Big red herring here. Of course, no one would go to those boards with that accusation because THEY'RE UNIONIZED AIRLINES!!!!

Get it? Probably not.

StraaightTaalk said:

Enjoy.

Attack away.
yeah, cuz we ignant, aint go no onion, don't have no shoes on da wrong feet....what we need a onion fer anyhow?

I told you I was the most ignant, now aint that proof?

Once again jetBlue is the airline that unionized pilots love to hate. They will pull out all the stops to denigrate and and slander the efforts of an airline that has every right to serve the public market and offer customers an alternative to the service choices offered by the usual suspects.

If you don't like jetBlue, and the fact that it represents a perceived threat to your livlihood, then you have nobody to blame but yourselves. As a former member of ALPA and now furloughed, I've seen the effect that so many unionized members view their careers with a sense of entitlement, even at the expense of the very company that provides them their employment.

Years of abuse and mistrust by both ALPA and management at all the legacy carriers have created the ripe conditions for airlines like jetBlue to jump in and beat these "titans of the industry" at their own game. Sorry to report, but all you ALPA kool-aid drinkers have essentially priced yourselves out of the market because of your collective greed and ignorance to worldwide economic changes; changes that are much bigger than any single LCC, and which have put many of you on the verge of financial extinction.

Instead of resorting to name-calling why don't you all start shedding the excesses of your asset-filled lives and learn to live within your new economic means. Yes that means sell the third car and boat, don't renew the club memberships, downsize the house, and put the wife on a budget. I know its sounds like you're being forced into poverty, but you'll still live better than 99% of the other poor souls who populate this planet.

Get some perspective in your apparently pathetic lives and be glad you don't work like the rest of the huddled masses that really do!

Okay, ranting off. Have a nice day everyone!

To amuse some and dismay others:

JetBlue (JBLU:Nasdaq - commentary - research) shares jumped more than 7% Monday on a pair of upgrades, after shares plunged last week on worries about competition.

After shares of JetBlue dropped 17.6% on Friday on the low-cost carrier's warning that profit margins would miss expectations, analysts have warmed to the company, citing its attractive valuation. Merrill Lynch analyst Michael Linenberg upgraded the company to buy from neutral, while Raymond James analyst James Parker upgraded the company to outperform from market perform, sending shares up $1.83 to $27.75.

Funny that Merrill (and only Merrill) upgraded JBLU. Of course, they did the JBLU IPO and are in the Needle's hip pocket.

Can you say "self-interest" boys and girls? I knew you could.

BTW, even with today's 'ups' JBLU is still DOWN 11%.

:up: