stop the outsourcing?

is that supposed to imply that DL or any other company categorically has no employees that could ever make the same transformation?

Min wage employees make me nervous. That's all I'm saying.

usa1 said:
Min wage employees make me nervous. That's all I'm saying.
Might want to take that up with Der Fuhrer, BaRack, who encourages, low skilled, low wage seeking, illegal Aliens, to cross the border on a daily basis.

Reactions: 4 people
southwind said:
Might want to take that up with Der Fuhrer, BaRack, who encourages, low skilled, low wage seeking, illegal Aliens, to cross the border on a daily basis.
Exactly. The companies who hire these people and pay minimum wage have no blame in this at all.

I guess I missed the part where the Pre-Crimes unit could predict what this guy would be doing three years after leaving the industry??....

I'm all for background checks, but I've never been able to have anyone explain to me how a 10 or even a 20 year background check can pick up on a sleeper cell agent brought here as a minor, or someone who might have radical thinking yet never did anything that would be flagged as suspicious.

I also question the allegations about him having worked at MSP from 2001 to 2011.. If he was only 29, then he would have started working at MSP at age 16, and I didn't think that you could get a SIDA badge without being at least 18. Even if they're off by a year or two, anyone below the age of 21 should be able to easily pass a 10 year background check...

When NWA outsourced all the cleaning at MSP, van loads of Somalis would pull up to the aircraft each night to clean. They always had one person who was their supervisor who could communicate with us. Most were in their early 20's and few could speak English well. Were told they were all immigrants or refugees. We always asked how they were able to pass a 10-year background check to get access to the SIDA.

Having free run of a RON aircraft from this group was disconcerting. I have no problem with Somalis or immigrants/refugees, but I was put through the ringer to get my SIDA and customs seal.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/01/19/good-question-why-did-somalis-locate-here/

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
Having free run of a RON aircraft from this group was disconcerting. I have no problem with Somalis or immigrants/refugees, but I was put through the ringer to get my SIDA and customs seal.
^This^

BTW, this guy wasn't the first refugee/immigrant from Somalia to be recruited for a terrorism.

Here's an article that discusses the appeal of joining groups like ISIS. In this context, it's easy to see how it could be appealing to someone far from home who's life revolves around dumping lavs in -15 weather for $7.85/hr.

http://www.alternet.org/why-so-many-westerners-are-drawn-fight-mideast-wars?page=0%2C1&akid=12202.1125172.4mFrmN&rd=1&src=newsletter1018096&t=10&paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

Immigrants, legal or not for the most part are stuck in these $8.00 an hour jobs, ones that offer no progressive pay scale. They are prime candidates for recruitment.

Jobs around commercial aircraft should not be minimum wage. Personally I think it's a national security concern. Hope things change.

We desperately need a middle class in this country. This seems like a good place to start.    

southwind said:

for once, i completely agree with you. 
usa1 said:
Immigrants, legal or not for the most part are stuck in these $8.00 an hour jobs, ones that offer no progressive pay scale. They are prime candidates for recruitment.

Jobs around commercial aircraft should not be minimum wage. Personally I think it's a national security concern. Hope things change.

We desperately need a middle class in this country. This seems like a good place to start.    
That may be true, but as long as Stalin is in DC and he and his party keeps pushing companies to hire these people it will continue. 

Reactions: 1 person
topDawg said:

for once, i completely agree with you. 
That may be true, but as long as Stalin is in DC and he and his party keeps pushing companies to hire these people it will continue. 
Didn't realize it's the presidents fault that companies are hiring people at $8/hr. That must be why so many are fighting the $10/hr min wage proposal..

So, the president is now doing everything he can to discourage the border crossers? He's going to start deportations of all those illegal minors, and instruct ICE to let Operation Streamline continue?

Yeah, didn't think so.

What is the number of m/l flights required to determine if a station is staffed with contractors, I just find it hard to believe that CLT is a contract station, there are 5 m/l on the gates every night, plus at least two on the hardstand...

blue collar said:
Didn't realize it's the presidents fault that companies are hiring people at $8/hr. That must be why so many are fighting the $10/hr min wage proposal..
you do realize he has basically opened up the Mexico border right? With him doing that he is forcing people like the above onto companies, and then trying to tell them to pay them more. Then they vote in his parties favor. 

And they should be fighting the min. wage proposal. Its complete crap to think someone flipping burgers at burger king would make 10 an hour. 

You can b*tch and b*tch about contracting all you want, but your beloved unions are just as much to blame. Example, the POS the IAM just signed over at UA allowing them to basically ship out all of there ramp work.........