Teamsters filed at USAir for representation

I believe the intent to file now was so that they could take over while still in section 6, and negotiate the contract they want to. Not that it will work, and yes it will cost the mechanics money, but it doesn't seem the co was offering much money anyways.

The only, repeat; the only reason the teamsters filed is to induce more card signing over at AA as it comes down to the wire. They have already proven they will do anything (fraud and forgery) to get their numbers up on the cards collected. Don't worry it won't be their last move. They just want you guys at US to believe they are really here for your benefit, when in all actuality they are here for the benefit of themselves over at AA to do anything and everything to stop AMFA, period, no brainer guys...

The only, repeat; the only reason the teamsters filed is to induce more card signing over at AA as it comes down to the wire. They have already proven they will do anything (fraud and forgery) to get their numbers up on the cards collected. Don't worry it won't be their last move. They just want you guys at US to believe they are really here for your benefit, when in all actuality they are here for the benefit of themselves over at AA to do anything and everything to stop AMFA, period, no brainer guys...

I don't think the only reason was to get more cards signed at AA. I think they truly want in at US, because then they can back door AA. Can't get enough cards signed when there's an active AMFA drive, so they become the merging airlines rep, and are automatically on the ballot at the merger.

I don't think the only reason was to get more cards signed at AA. I think they truly want in at US, because then they can back door AA. Can't get enough cards signed when there's an active AMFA drive, so they become the merging airlines rep, and are automatically on the ballot at the merger.

IBT Will do anything to gain Airline Members. Once they are in Your Screwed!!
They were at America West. They spent THREE YEARS in section Six negotiations
and never got a contract. Now they are Raiding our property to win the biggest prize of all.
AA!!

If they succeed at US we lose our IAM pension. All I have heard from IBT are falsehoods!
They will not back up anything they say with facts. They are promising everything you can imagine. All I get from their organizer is IBT are great negotiators. REALLY?
Three years at AW.......No Contract.....Three years at CO/UA...... No Contract!!!!

I know who I'm voting for!!

Reactions: 2 people
IBT Will do anything to gain Airline Members. Once they are in Your Screwed!!
They were at America West. They spent THREE YEARS in section Six negotiations
and never got a contract. Now they are Raiding our property to win the biggest prize of all.
AA!!

If they succeed at US we lose our IAM pension. All I have heard from IBT are falsehoods!
They will not back up anything they say with facts. They are promising everything you can imagine. All I get from their organizer is IBT are great negotiators. REALLY?
Three years at AW.......No Contract.....Three years at CO/UA...... No Contract!!!!

I know who I'm voting for!!

The teamsters will promise the world and never come thru with their promses. Just ask the UAL guys. US air guys need to just stay with the IAM especially thru integrations. The teamsters only care about their image (especially against AMFA) they will try to save their image more than working for the membership, just ask the AirTran and Frontier guys. Ask the UAL guys about all the promises the teamsters gave them. Ask the AirTran guys how their integration nego's went with the teamsters. Ask the SWA mechanics and CAL mechanics had the teamsters do "back door deals" during contract nego's. Ask the AA mechanics how the teamsters will commit forgery and fraud to get card signers on board. Ask how the pension funds are doing. They want your pension funds guys, and then you guys will lose the pensions when they take over, you watch it will happen their funds are in such dire need that even your IAM pensions is not enough to save it, therefore your pensions will be greatly reduced as well. I hope all of you realize what voting in the teamsters will do for all your futures.
Question: Could the mechanics get together and write in AMFA? If you could I would suggest it, get AMFA on the ballot, if their will even be a ballot, knowing and having past dealings with the teamsters I doubt there will be a ballot. Good luck guys your going to need it...

This little development is so interesting in the fact that I didn't sign a card, and I know of no one personally that did either.

I'd be interested in finding out if there was a way to check and see if there was a "card" that the IBT filed in my name. Then there would clearly be an issue.

Somewhere there is a stack of cards with people's names and signatures. I wonder if that is public information? And if there is a card in my name, how does the NMB determine that it real or forged with my signature?

obviously you are correct. Either they have to buy more time at amr in case the iam and twu create new entity, or their best shot is at usair and they would then get an election at amr between only them and twu. Im surprised amfa hasnt tried that path but it might be out if it doesnt pick up more cards at amr. I dont think many mx at usairways ord are loyal to any particular union. regards

obviously you are correct. Either they have to buy more time at amr in case the iam and twu create new entity, or their best shot is at usair and they would then get an election at amr between only them and twu. Im surprised amfa hasnt tried that path but it might be out if it doesnt pick up more cards at amr. I dont think many mx at usairways ord are loyal to any particular union. regards
I am also surprised people haven't tried to get AMFA in us air right now, but they don't have paid organizers like any of the other unions. It takes actual involvement to get them in there. I think the IAM would win an election against the Ibt.

The IAM is as bad as the TWU in my opinion. My order of preference is AMFA first and IBT second, I dont even want to think about having the other 2 clowns in there.

Reactions: 1 person
The IAM will have to present some good T.A.’s to its members or else suffer from the consequences. The result of any contract negotiated by IAM at UA or US will have every lasting effect. A lot of pressure on IAM leadership
I sure the IAM would love to have no interference with outside replacement

Don't vote for the IBT, They did nothing for America West AMT's, sold us down the road on the original contract! IBT told us to vote for first contract because America West needed it so they could get new acft! Go figure America West need's it. They took are money for a strike fund for what the truckers? 5 years without a new contract after the first on expired.

The IAM will have to present some good T.A.’s to its members or else suffer from the consequences. The result of any contract negotiated by IAM at UA or US will have every lasting effect. A lot of pressure on IAM leadership
I sure the IAM would love to have no interference with outside replacement
I guess you dont understand, there probably wont be negotiations now that the ibt has filed, this is usually the case when it happens as if there is an election the company will tell the NMB they arent sure who will be the bargaining agent and will not want to negotiate till the election is done, that is if there is one.

Reactions: 1 person
There you go the NMB will park negotiations and the IAM will be stuck in the middle with no way to go

I am also surprised people haven't tried to get AMFA in us air right now, but they don't have paid organizers like any of the other unions. It takes actual involvement to get them in there. I think the IAM would win an election against the Ibt.
Not to defend the IBT, but only so everyone understands, it was US techs that approached the IBT about representation. The techs did all the legwork getting the cards signed. As a matter of fact when the IBT stepped in and got involved (started goin door-to-door) they techs involved told them to stay out of it. The only way to get cards signed is if US employees handled the card drive. The original techs that started the drive looked at AMFA as well. They liked them alot. They thought AMFA might not have the resources to handle the size group we would have after the merger. This is the truth. The IBT did not raid us, we asked them in. I personally want AMFA, but I want I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT (IAM) out.

It is still a raid, the IBT allocated and spent funds and used paid organizers and staff.

You cant spin it any other way.

Ask why UA has mechanics on layoff and CO is hiring off the street, yet they are the same union.

Ask why half of the mechanics in SFO were forced to me members of the LAX local, so stop them from participating in union business at SFO.

Ask why its over three years and there isnt a joint CBA nor a seniority agreement.

Not to defend the IBT, but only so everyone understands, it was US techs that approached the IBT about representation. The techs did all the legwork getting the cards signed. As a matter of fact when the IBT stepped in and got involved (started goin door-to-door) they techs involved told them to stay out of it. The only way to get cards signed is if US employees handled the card drive. The original techs that started the drive looked at AMFA as well. They liked them alot. They thought AMFA might not have the resources to handle the size group we would have after the merger. This is the truth. The IBT did not raid us, we asked them in. I personally want AMFA, but I want I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT (IAM) out.

Ask the IBT how much your dues will be and why do they charge more.
Will you have a maintenance local or be merged in with all the other IBT members from all different jobs?
Who will be your IBT ATD rep?
How many members in the ATD division compared to the 1.4 million members?
How many of those members are Aircraft technicians?
Ask the IBT how their pension funds are doing?
Should I continue or is this enough on your plate for now?
Be careful what you get yourselves into with the IBT. They would love to get your pension money. If you know anyone at UAL or CAL ask them what they think about the IBT.

Latest posts