Trump Watch

You know, one time when I used to get the daily paper....the kid come on a Saturday to collect.....I forget what I owed him, but he gave me the wrong change back...kinda pissed me off.....I snarled at him "you flunk math, dude" and he said "yeah, why?"
If you are from Ohio, that could be me.
I remember dragging my wagon through 6 inches of snow on a Sunday morning delivering papers.
Then having some customers ***** about their wet paper and stiffing me for a weeks pay.
F them.

Edited by me to appease grammar Nazis...

Last edited:
I remember dragging my wagon through 6 inches of snow on a Sunday morning delivering papers.
Then having some customers ***** about their wet paper and stiffing me for a weeks pay.
F them.

I had a guy on my route who was always several weeks late paying me, so I started delivering his paper last. He'd see me go by to the other houses and said he wasn't happy about not getting his paper on time....I told him maybe if he'd pay his bill on time, the paper would be there on time.

Next week, the collection guy, me and dad were in the kitchen doing my money and the route dude started to tell me about it....dad told him I was right.....route guy kinda agreed but.....LOL

So you don't think lower cost drives growth?

I can tell you I turned down a home purchase because the area had higher property tax than surrounding areas.

Don't you think a business would do the same? Given similar talent pool, infrastructure, and access to support businesses why would you choose a higher cost area?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realsp...rowth-is-a-model-for-the-nation/#bbcf30a2ea33

As we look ahead to changes in our national leadership and the best economic policies to strengthen our economy, the formula that Ohio has successfully applied--tax cuts, conservative budgeting, spending restraint and common-sense regulations--is a model that would serve our nation well.

These efforts have helped us attract new businesses, grow existing ones and diversify our economy. Longstanding Ohio businesses like General Electric, Procter & Gamble, Honda, IBM and Abbott Laboratories have expanded their presence here, while we’ve welcomed new jobs and investment from innovators like Amazon, Fuyao Automotive Glass and Aprecia Pharmaceuticals.

F them.

So would you say lowering taxes resulted in economic growth for Ohio?

I had a guy on my route who was always several weeks late paying me, so I started delivering his paper last. He'd see me go by to the other houses and said he wasn't happy about not getting his paper on time....I told him maybe if he'd pay his bill on time, the paper would be there on time.

Next week, the collection guy, me and dad were in the kitchen doing my money and the route dude started to tell me about it....dad told him I was right.....route guy kinda agreed but.....LOL
Didn't care much about the 2 cent a paper profit, just liked to get spend an hour a day wandering the route..

No, Iearned it from Art Laugher. IF I have revenues (taxes) of X, and I cut it by Y%, then I end up with MORE revenues. Hence 3-2=5

So you don't think lower cost drives growth?

I can tell you I turned down a home purchase because the area had higher property tax than surrounding areas.

Don't you think a business would do the same? Given similar talent pool, infrastructure, and access to support businesses why would you choose a higher cost area?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realsp...rowth-is-a-model-for-the-nation/#bbcf30a2ea33

As we look ahead to changes in our national leadership and the best economic policies to strengthen our economy, the formula that Ohio has successfully applied--tax cuts, conservative budgeting, spending restraint and common-sense regulations--is a model that would serve our nation well.

These efforts have helped us attract new businesses, grow existing ones and diversify our economy. Longstanding Ohio businesses like General Electric, Procter & Gamble, Honda, IBM and Abbott Laboratories have expanded their presence here, while we’ve welcomed new jobs and investment from innovators like Amazon, Fuyao Automotive Glass and Aprecia Pharmaceuticals.

No comment?

Ohio has attracted new business, new jobs, more corporations paying taxes, and more workers paying taxes. I am sure those new corporations attracted to Ohio resulted in even more "support" businesses opening. Much like it takes many "support" businesses to keep TULE running.

How did they do it? By lowering taxes.

3-2=5 indeed.

You need to learn how economics work.

I suppose you think high taxes result in economic growth?

No comment?

Ohio has attracted new business, new jobs, more corporations paying taxes, and more workers paying taxes. I am sure those new corporations attracted to Ohio resulted in even more "support" businesses opening. Much like it takes many "support" businesses to keep TULE running.

3-2=5 indeed.

I know how economics works. God...er Reagan... cut taxes in 1981. He raised them in 1982,1983,1984,1985,1986,and 1987. Among those tax increases was the largest single increase in history...it was the payroll tax to "save" social security. Only, the money was INCLUDED in the "increased revenues" that we saw 7 years later (according to the liberal Cato Institute). So yeah....3-2=5.

FWIW, The nearest thing to the Trump tax cuts were the Kansas tax cuts. You might want to look at what happened there.

Last edited:
2018 Tax Reform Calculator

EstTax2018.jpg

Thanks for the cut...
puke.gif

No comment?

3-2=5 indeed.

Do you know where Ohio is?

Latest posts

Back