TWU-IAM Finally Getting Ready for JCBA Negotiations

700UW said:
I know this because that is how the Association will do negotiations, as the IAM is in charge for the first two years and thats the way its done and has been done for the IAM, only classifications under the CBA will be on the respective negotiations committee, and I know several of them on both committees for the IAM.
You know nothing. You read documents and memos and come back on this board as if you wrote all your posts based on your self proclaimed union experience. Yet you never were represented by the TWU and are no longer employed by any airline in this merger let alone never been an amt. You just keep butting in on amt issues as if you were one. Take a time out or a chill pill.

Overspeed said:
Scorpion 2,
NYer is going to do what we should all be doing. Utilizing all our efforts and resources on ensuring we get our fair share, improving working conditions, and making it better for all blue collar workers.
You mean utilizing FLEET SERVICE efforts and resources to get FLEET SERVICE THEIR fair share, don't you?
After all, why would he care about mechanics? The TWU is a bus union and has done better for the fleet service group than the mechanic group. 

700UW said:
I know this because that is how the Association will do negotiations, as the IAM is in charge for the first two years and thats the way its done and has been done for the IAM, only classifications under the CBA will be on the respective negotiations committee, and I know several of them on both committees for the IAM.
The IAM may be in charge, but the TWU members will dominate any POS contract that comes back for a vote. 
You know the adage that they have been repeating over the years, "STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.!"

I have a strong feeling that chits gonna hit the fan before any joint contract will ever be voted on. Whether it be, IAM/TWU not being able to work out their differences, the economy tanking, are maybe even WT running and winning the presidency, something will happen and we will not enjoy the gains both the flight attendants and pilots currently are. Heck, we are not even enjoying the 4% bump non union folks are receiving. And yes, Fleet Service is missing out as well.

OldGuy@AA said:
700UW showing once again he don't know squat.  The chairman of the group (Sean Doyle) is a Fleet Service Clerk that was appointed by Lombardo just like all the other Fleet Service he appointed to the ATD.  The only AMT worked for Pan Am so he has been a TWU Stooge for a long time.  Still, we get a FSC as chairman to make sure we don't get anything unless Fleet gets it too.  So yes Fleet Service is not only involved but they are in charge.  Anyone wonder why I got this guy on ignore?

You may have a point there...

MetalMover said:
You mean utilizing FLEET SERVICE efforts and resources to get FLEET SERVICE THEIR fair share, don't you?
After all, why would he care about mechanics? The TWU is a bus union and has done better for the fleet service group than the mechanic group. 

How can that be? A FSC has outsmarted an AMT? That's a physical impossibility.

AANOTOK said:
I have a strong feeling that chits gonna hit the fan before any joint contract will ever be voted on. Whether it be, IAM/TWU not being able to work out their differences, the economy tanking, are maybe even WT running and winning the presidency, something will happen and we will not enjoy the gains both the flight attendants and pilots currently are. Heck, we are not even enjoying the 4% bump non union folks are receiving. And yes, Fleet Service is missing out as well.

I suspect we will be taken on a magic carpet ride of them fighting and fighting, which will just make this a loooong drawn out affair with each day ticking away and someone else enjoying the percentages that are supposed to go into our pockets.

NYer said:

"Physical impossibility"?  In order for something to be a "physical impossibility" it has to be physical in nature. Intellect is of the mind, therefore not physical.  

NYer said:

Outsmarted? I doubt it. The TWU as a whole has catered to the fleet service group as they are a majority of the membership. The screwing by fleet service local presidents and negotiators was stemmed once mx got their own locals.
Then the TWU divided the the OH bases and the line stations and making the line mechanics the minority. This has and still is the TWU strategy...Divide and Conquer.
As long as we have sheep dog TWU supporting mechanics, we will always be behind the eight ball.

Now if you think you are smarter than an AMT simply because you are a TWU cheerleader, then you are quite sad.

NYer said:
I suspect we will be taken on a magic carpet ride of them fighting and fighting, which will just make this a loooong drawn out affair with each day ticking away and someone else enjoying the percentages that are supposed to go into our pockets.
I thought the Association was supposed to be a lovely hand holding affair that would be to the benefit of the membership. What's up? Did someone wake up, pull back the covers, and start to wonder what they had got themselves in to?

MetalMover said:

Then the TWU divided the the OH bases and the line stations and making the line mechanics the minority. This has and still is the TWU strategy...Divide and Conquer.

It does appear that the FSC's in charge of the ATD are hell bent on making sure that Local 591 never becomes the majority in M&R. Recently they prevented Title II mechanics from MCO from joining 591 despite the fact that the President of the FSC Local was OK with them going to 591-they were the only members he had in that station, their dues wouldn't even cover the cost of visiting the station and conducting a meeting. The Title II guys in NY and DFW also put in petitions to join 591, which is where they should be, but if all the line Title II guys were in 591, like Stores and Title I then 591 would be bigger than Tulsa by several hundred, so the ATD declared that, despite a long standing rule that if both Presidents agreed members could go from one local to another, there would be no movement between Locals, in the meantime they agreed to move members between Unions (with the Association).  (In Title V 591 is already bigger than Tulsa.) Now talk about Divide and Conquer, look at what the Association has planned for Line Maintenance-a complete cluster-f$%^. The Bases wont really be affected, but then again with the IAM in charge for the first two years they may not be around too long anyway, same with Title II, so maybe thats another reason to keep them split up between Base-Line-Title III. 

Back